Early League Predictions

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:52, Steve McQueen said:

I think there's 4 sections with a couple of team floating, hearts & Dundee could join the teams above or below.

Celtic

rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

Hearts

Saints

Killie

Well

Dundee

Hamilton

St mirren

Livvy

There is absolutely no chance that St Johnstone side will finish above Killie.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:50, Pet Jeden said:

Rangers  - assuming they can keep spinning the financial plates

Hearts - always got to be a wee bit optimistic at the beginning of the season, at least until Sept

Celtic - eventually they WILL have a bad season and it won't be obvious beforehand

Hibs - nobody will underestimate them this year. Can expect some frustrtation as visiting teams park the bus at ER

Aberdeen - stale

St Mirren - momentum

Kilmarnock - very hard for wee squads to be good twice in a row and Fatty has to run out of goals eventually

Motherwell -Kipre & Moult big losses

Dundee - meh

St Johnstone - meh

Hamilton - indestructable 

Livingston -  surely

What  ?

Our squad isn't really that small to be fair.

On Saturday we had Brophy, Wilson (both Scottish U21s) and Njoli coming off the bench and guys like Greg Kiltie and Dom Thomas not being able to get off it.  And that's with Findlay and McKenzie injured.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Our squad isn't really that small to be fair.

On Saturday we had Brophy, Wilson (both Scottish U21s) and Njoli coming off the bench and guys like Greg Kiltie and Dom Thomas not being able to get off it.  And that's with Findlay and McKenzie injured.

Okay. But still not lifting you above St Mirren now that they have £1m to squander

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the transfer window has closed and the first few games are under our belts has anyone changed their predictions?

I personally now think that the Jambos will be better and may push Sevco for second place well behind Celtic. Dons and Hibs down a bit fighting Killie, Saints (Perth) and Well for the remaining top six places. Think Hamilton and Livie will be ok and that leaves St M and Dundee fighting it out for bottom spot. This may change if Dundee punt their manager early enough. 

On 7/28/2018 at 12:06, JTS98 said:

Predictions are a monumental waste of time, since nobody knows what's going to happen.

I've been really bored this week so have actually been listening to lots of podcasts from the start of last season and the start of the World Cup, just to check what people in the media were predicting about English league, Europe, World Cup etc. Almost everybody's predictions were nonsense. Because nobody knows. Plenty of Burnley to go down, Everton for top four, Croatia to get knocked out in round one type stuff.

So, my only league predictions will be lots of petty bickering, dozens of statements released, lashings of paranoia and a touch of self-loathing.

Can't wait.

I'd like to resolutely stand by this post.

Predictions are a waste of time, and even those on this thread made less than three months ago look mostly silly.

Always surprised how people think you can predict a league like ours, where so many of the signings are completely unknown quantities.

2 hours ago, St Innes said:

Now that the transfer window has closed and the first few games are under our belts has anyone changed their predictions?

I personally now think that the Jambos will be better and may push Sevco for second place well behind Celtic. Dons and Hibs down a bit fighting Killie, Saints (Perth) and Well for the remaining top six places. Think Hamilton and Livie will be ok and that leaves St M and Dundee fighting it out for bottom spot. This may change if Dundee punt their manager early enough. 

Since Hearts have a 100% record and a seven-point lead over Rangers, I'd say you may be on to something here.

10 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I'd like to resolutely stand by this post.

Predictions are a waste of time, and even those on this thread made less than three months ago look mostly silly.

Always surprised how people think you can predict a league like ours, where so many of the signings are completely unknown quantities.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

:)

But seriously, nobody is saying the prediction thing is an exact science, it's just a pointless bit of fun.

Ultimately, that's all football is anyway when you think about it.

I just think it's daft. We see this year after year and mainly it's just people copying out last season's league table with the odd tweak.

Especially, like I said before, since nobody has heard of so many of the players our teams sign over the summer.

Anyway, that's all.

Edited by JTS98

I just think it's daft. We see this year after year and mainly it's just people copying out last season's league table with the odd tweak.
Especially, like I said before, since nobody has heard of so many of the players our teams sign over the summer.
Anyway, that's all.

You realise you’re posting on an anonymous football forum.

It’s all a giant waste of time in all honesty mate.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You realise you’re posting on an anonymous football forum.

It’s all a giant waste of time in all honesty mate.

Poor logic. Repeat first year Philosophy.