Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

Great entertainment last night. Another not keen on Liverpool but that was a brilliant performance and result post here.

Overturning that deficit, against one of the best teams around, missing two of your best players shows how good a manager Klopp is. He has steady 'journeymen' like Henderson and Milner playing like absolutely top stars.

Barca were dreadful in that second half. It was nailed on guaranteed that Liverpool would be scoring again as soon as the second goal went in.  They crumbled.

A lot of stick for Messi, saying how he bottles big games. I tend to think of it from the other point of view. If I was him I'd be turning to my teammates, who are all probably on £300k a week and supposedly top players, and asking when the f**k some other c**t was going to stand up and produce when it really matters.  It often feels with Barca in their hour of need it's a case of get it to Messi and he'll win it is the mentality.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cant* believe Rab has gone back through this thread to last week to quote people.

Hide contents

*2F2426A1-30A2-4DEB-B96D-8A3D515077EB.gif.b9e6b7a1dd0726967934b33746da84e8.gif

Sorry Mel you’ve had a howler ... :D

7 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

The one they really wanted is the Premier League, regardless of what they might tell you.

Is that right now. It would be fantastic but it doesn’t get any better than winning the Big One :)

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cant* believe Rab has gone back through this thread to last week to quote people.

Reveal hidden contents

*2F2426A1-30A2-4DEB-B96D-8A3D515077EB.gif.b9e6b7a1dd0726967934b33746da84e8.gif

Yes he really is that sad

2 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Can’t beat a Wednesday night fishy ... :D

On 02/05/2019 at 21:54, This time Perthshirebell said:

Must be hard for Rab watching Arsenal's front three tonight.   If only........If only Liverpool had the front 3 of Arsenal they'd be still in Europe.    
Image result for lacazette

4E8ED56F-BB24-425F-908F-58063B07FA87.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

12 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

And he very rarely does. The other players look for Messi to step up because he’s the most technically gifted footballer to walk the planet, and the c**t goes missing time and time again. Shitebag. 

Pish. He set up about 5 clear-cut chances.

22 hours ago, nsr said:

I hope the travelling Barca fans have kept up their life insurance premiums, for the sake of their families.

On 01/05/2019 at 21:47, nsr said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLverpool.

Am I right, Rab?

On 01/05/2019 at 21:50, NJ2 said:

Stevie Mac is fucking spewing emoji23.png

On 01/05/2019 at 21:53, nsr said:

Someone less lazy than me put together a bingo card of Rab's most likely responses to this glorious trouncing.

On 01/05/2019 at 22:03, nsr said:

Rubbish Anfield Bottlers Beaten. Never Even Scored. Barcelona Imperious Tonight.

A281FA51-4080-4BC4-A3BC-12FABC8D308E.jpeg

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Hopefully we can talk about tonight's game.
Believe it or not. Ajax have not won a knockout CL game at home for 23 years. Well according to sky sports news certainly.

Talk us through last nights G_Man :lol:

Right enough of that ... for now anyway :).

Should be another cracker tonight. Would probably prefer Ajax in the final as it’s never really the same playing a team from the same country in Europe. May the best team win. 

Spurs' team is, even with Kane's injury, pretty strong . I'd prefer Davies to Rose who can lose his head.

The bench, however, is pretty weak. Lamela has been struggling with injury and can't be fully match fit.

ETA - Oh dear! 1-0 already.

Edited by Bishop Briggs