Europa League 2018-2019

GNU_Linux

All of the ties are being played today.  Interesting one of the early fixtures has seen Progres Niederkorn score early at home against Ufa, the tie is now 2-2 with Progres having the the away goal advantage.  There is 85 minutes left to play but if the result holds they will play the winner of Maribor and you know who...

4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

All of the ties are being played today.  Interesting one of the early fixtures has seen Progres Niederkorn score early at home against Ufa, the tie is now 2-2 with Progres having the the away goal advantage.  There is 85 minutes left to play but if the result holds they will play the winner of Maribor and you know who...

I notice Dudelange have also enjoyed some success in this season's qualifiers. Any P&Bers know if Luxembourg football has seen a cash injection/teams being loaded with ringers etc?

8 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I notice Dudelange have also enjoyed some success in this season's qualifiers. Any P&Bers know if Luxembourg football has seen a cash injection/teams being loaded with ringers etc?

Looking at the squads of Progres and Dudelange I can see that Dudelange have a couple of players that have played at a good level including Serbian defender Milan Bisevac who has plaed for the likes of PSG, Lyon, and Lazio as well as having 19 Serbia caps and German midfielder Marc-Andre Kruska who made over 100 appearance s for Borussia Dortmund (albeit over 10 years ago).  The rest of the squads of both Progres and Dudelange are filled with either Luxemburgers or cast offs from the French, German and Belgian lower leagues

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Alas the great rematch is not to be, Ufa scored a late equalizer in the second leg meaning they progress 4-3 on aggregate at the expense of Progres

I see you are keeping the fact that those fucking Welsh b*****ds TNS scored quiet.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I see you are keeping the fact that those fucking Welsh b*****ds TNS scored quiet.

Sorry, I dropped the ball on that one. They are still losing 3-1 on aggregate

Edit: make that 4-1, Midtjylland have scored

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

F91 Dudelange now 3-1 on aggregate against Legia Warsaw, they would play Cluj of Romania so a team from Luxembourg  could make the group stage.

It's entirely possible although Cluj are a good team.  Each of the last couple of years a team from one of the low ranked leagues have made it, last year it was Vardar, the year before Dundalk so maybe this year it will be Dudelange's year

Edited by senorsoupe

Celtic's slim hopes of getting a top seed for the group stage draw have taken a hit, FC Copenhagen who have a higher coefficient are through against CSKA-Sofia.  Celtic need a number of upsets to get a top seed and it's looking more and more unlikely

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Mintsk :lol:

Minsk'd it

That is quite possibly the biggest "shat the bed" moment I have seen .  With 15 minutes to play they were going through and conceded 3 goals

Edited by senorsoupe