Football League 2018/19 season

On 4/30/2019 at 21:46, senorsoupe said:

And well done to Luton and Barnsley, results have gone their way so both will be in the Championship next year.  It's been a tough decade for Luton so great to see them get some success

Back to back promotions, 3 in 6 years.

Edited by Raven
Correction

14 hours ago, Raven said:

Back to back promotions, 3 in 4 years after taking longer to get out of the conference. 

The Conference/National League is incredibly competitive and hard to get out of (with only 2 teams promoted) 

Bolton Wanderers are a farce. The takeover may have fallen through - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48146128

"The English Football League (EFL) has said it is "aware" of Laurence Bassini's comments that he is in full control of Bolton Wanderers, despite the club saying the takeover was off. Bassini told various news outlets on Friday he is now in control of the club and expected an announcement to follow. However, Bolton are yet to comment since Thursday's statement saying that Bassini's deal was off."

The Brentford game has just been cancelled with the Bees awarded a 1-0 win - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48151016. It's sad to see a club with a long and great history in free fall.

I'm another that thought 3-0 was the compulsory score for walk over games. Strange but I suppose we shouldn't expect anything different given the farce the whole Bolton scenario's become.

No that should be on as it is at Forest and the players have agreed to play. The home game against Brentford couldn't be played as they couldn't get sufficient security to host a game. Away games are not a problem at present. 

4 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I think the players were finally paid and the strike was off so the game wasn't in danger.

Not according to this:-

Meanwhile, defender Andrew Taylor - who is Bolton's Professional Footballers' Association representative - says players have still not been paid the wages they are owed for March and April.

BBC Sport understands the PFA agreed to loan the club money to cover part of the unpaid wages earlier this week.

But Taylor told BBC Radio 5 Live Breakfast: "We still haven't been paid for March and April. That's all the professionals - first-team lads and under-23 lads - and five of the first-team management.

"I believe all the staff in the club haven't been paid any money for April and the hotel [at the stadium] is still shut as staff walked out due to lack of pay.

"It's difficult times for everyone at the club."

2 minutes ago, WALMOT said:

Not according to this:-

Meanwhile, defender Andrew Taylor - who is Bolton's Professional Footballers' Association representative - says players have still not been paid the wages they are owed for March and April.

BBC Sport understands the PFA agreed to loan the club money to cover part of the unpaid wages earlier this week.

But Taylor told BBC Radio 5 Live Breakfast: "We still haven't been paid for March and April. That's all the professionals - first-team lads and under-23 lads - and five of the first-team management.

"I believe all the staff in the club haven't been paid any money for April and the hotel [at the stadium] is still shut as staff walked out due to lack of pay.

"It's difficult times for everyone at the club."

Thanks for that. I thought I'd picked up on the radio they'd been paid but wasn't 100% sure.

Scunthorpe who are as good as down equalise at Plymouth in controversial circumstances. Plymouth goalkeeper injures himself saving the ball rolls the ball out to get treatment but the Scunthorpe player stops the ball from going out and then lobs the keeper