Argentina v Croatia 7 pm 21/6

throbber

Croatia absolutely cruised it against Nigeria, and they cruised it again tonight. Class team, who the so called "big guns" will want to avoid in the knock-out stages.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's shocking that Speroni never as much as received a call up in his whole career when that's what is ahead of him. :lol:

No it’s not. Caballero and Romero are better goalkeepers, who have played at a far higher level than Speroni. Picking some Crystal Palace jobber over either of them would be ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No it’s not. Caballero and Romero are better goalkeepers, who have played at a far higher level than Speroni. Picking some Crystal Palace jobber over either of them would be ridiculous.

Think you missed the point of the post tbh. 

But, Caballero is a complete jobber. I've yet to see him put in a single solid performance. Caballero wouldn't get a game for Scotland IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think you missed the point of the post tbh. 

But, Caballero is a complete jobber. I've yet to see him put in a single solid performance. Caballero wouldn't get a game for Scotland IMO. 

The point of the post was clearly you trying to white knight a former Dee, despite the fact that he’s well below the level of the ‘jobber’ that played tonight, regardless of a bad mistake.

Scotland are lucky to have a few good options in nets, so you might be right about that.

I gather that Rebic I think it was who opened the scoring for a them should have been sent off before that for a horrendous tackle, but survived even a VAR review.  If he had been sent off I wonder how events would have differed.

Well he wouldn't have scored for a start!!!

7 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Well he wouldn't have scored for a start!!!

True enough, just wondering what might have been though.  Still got my first choice pick of Brazil to go at least, with Spain as back up.

First half Argentina were poor and left massive spaces in defence. Croatia just went for them after the break with a strong midfield performance.

Argentina really are a fucking mess. I'm not one for Ronaldo vs Messi but this was a good illustration of a top player being adapted for their country. Ronaldo plays for a workman like national team he digs in and drags them through matches and the team play to this. Argentina do f**k all coherent and give it to Messi expecting miracles, it's never going to work.

For f**k sake scotland are a better organised team and that's saying something.

Argentina ended up playing five attackers and five crap defenders and just asked Croatia to give them a doing. Their only plan was give it to Messi or Aguero and hope for the best. Having a keeper like Caballero didn't help either.

Although born and brought up in Rosario, Messi has spent the majority of his life in Barcelona and sounds like a Spaniard (a dim one as well) when he speaks, which antagonises many Argentines as they feel he doesn't try as hard for his country as he does for his club. Where have we heard that before ?

Archived