Argentina v Croatia 7 pm 21/6

throbber

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Croatia will be hoping for a draw today, leaving them four clear of everybody else in the group, can then rest their best players on Tuesday without fear of not finishing top, letting Iceland win and against  a weakened Croatia to grab second spot and stuff Argentina into third even when they beat Nigeria.

Although born and brought up in Rosario, Messi has spent the majority of his life in Barcelona and sounds like a Spaniard (a dim one as well) when he speaks, which antagonises many Argentines as they feel he doesn't try as hard for his country as he does for his club. Where have we heard that before ?

Really? I read an article not too long ago that says he still has a thick Rosario accent, it’s almost as if you’re talking shit.

Although born and brought up in Rosario, Messi has spent the majority of his life in Barcelona and sounds like a Spaniard (a dim one as well) when he speaks, which antagonises many Argentines as they feel he doesn't try as hard for his country as he does for his club. Where have we heard that before ?

To be fair to the Argentina fans, he didn’t really look like he was trying either last night or against Iceland.

One of the papers mid-week said that the stats showed he ran less than the goalkeeper did in the Iceland game. I’m not really into the idea that running = effort or effectiveness but even so, that seems fucking lazy for any outfield player.

6 hours ago, nsr said:

It's just a shame that the English commentary team enjoyed seeing Argentina mulleted quite so much.

I thought the line of questioning for Zabaleta was really bizarre at times, too, yeah. About 5-10 minutes asking him just how bad Argentina were, how angry would they be back home etc.

Archived