Brazil v Costa Rica

4 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Possibly not shown back home but Spanish telly has shown Naymar having a go at the ref in the tunnel at half time.

They've also translated what he was saying to the Costa Rica players and most of it has been censored out.

having watched three seasons of Narcos, I quite clearly saw him say "puta" at one point. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been totally against V.A.R from the outset but today changed my mind.

I can accept refs getting close or contentious decisions wrong, but when p***ks like Neymar are going out to cheat their way to decisions, what chance to refs have?

In real time this looked like a pen to be, only the replays showed how blatant a dive it was. 

Hopefully this can finally be a start on football getting rid of cheating, long may it continue.

17 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

I can accept refs getting close or contentious decisions wrong, but when p***ks like Neymar are going out to cheat their way to decisions, what chance to refs have?

In real time this looked like a pen to be, only the replays showed how blatant a dive it was. 

Hopefully this can finally be a start on football getting rid of cheating, long may it continue.

Agree, the diving and cheating has ruined the game. Perhaps obvious VAR like today from theatrics such as Neymar can lead to huge wages suspended by FIFA and donated to charities.

1 hour ago, bairney said:

What a fkn dick, over 500k a week and he acts like that and his petulant crying at the end. I used to like Brazil in the World Cup. Socrates, Zico ..but.not anymore. Get them out the fk out asap.

I forgot to add Ronaldhino to the above, the best player I have ever seen. Now Brazil can fk off with Neymar's theatrics. He can't even lay a finger on Ronaldhino's work.

What are the knock out rounds going to be like?

Less goals per match than there has been so far, nearly every game going to extra time and lots of VAR penalties I reckon!!!

1 hour ago, Merkie84 said:

If you want to get rid of cheating you have to punish cheats.

Every match needs to be reviewed and all blatant cheating punished with bans.

pathetic also the way costa rica players were play acting in the last 7/8 minutes, if they did not do this the score would have been 1-0, as about 3/4 minutes of added time was due to this,mind you neymar  was just as bad at times

Very much for VAR, but why on earth was the foul on Mitrovic not acted upon? Been a few that have left me baffled as to why they’ve not been checked. Still think it’s a good thing right enough, was excellent versus neymar today

Archived