Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Greg Vernon  left Darvel today with a heavy heart. He and us have had a lot of good times at Darvel, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth about how it ended for him. An offer was put in and accepted before any sort of discussion with Greg. When Greg questioned this no-one would admit to who was responsible. Greg has given his all for Darvel playing for the Jersey. He has now signed for Craigmark for the remainder of the season and will be a free agent in the summer. 

Greg Vernon  left Darvel today with a heavy heart. He and us have had a lot of good times at Darvel, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth about how it ended for him. An offer was put in and accepted before any sort of discussion with Greg. When Greg questioned this no-one would admit to who was responsible. Greg has given his all for Darvel playing for the Jersey. He has now signed for Craigmark for the remainder of the season and will be a free agent in the summer. 

Why would anybody pay money for someone to be a free agent in two months? Good player aw the same, widnae mind seeing him in a Vic jersey next season

53 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Why would anybody pay money for someone to be a free agent in two months? Good player aw the same, widnae mind seeing him in a Vic jersey next season

I would think that craigmark have paid a fee hoping his goals keep them up and if so it’s money well spent. 

Two months = 9 games. Nearly a third of the season! That’s why. Good business for craigmark.

10 hours ago, H5VRN said:

Hope It Works Out At Craigmark For Greg,Fantastic Player And Will Score Goals For Any Club.

14 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Enjoyed my visit to Recreation Park today apart from the result obviously, that said the correct result was  done. Hats off to the club and those involved as the last time we were there the park was a bog, the pitch looked top class, the improvements around the ground also are a credit to all involved.  Only had three issues, firstly the group of 'grown' ups I stood next to, great bunch but one guy ..... FFS I guess his wife doesnt let him talk in the house as he never shut up all day! Secondly I popped in for a pie, a lovely 'older' lady asked if I wanted a Killie pie, her younger helper explained it was a Kilmarnock pie, they argued over what it was called so I sat on the fence and asked for a pie that wasn't just mince and it was top class.

Finally, I couldnt find a list of the days teams so could anyone help me out with the 1-11 of Darvel today?

Thanks again for the great welcome,I took a few pictures that I have stuck on Facebook and tagged Recreation Park that, if any use, your more than welcome to lift and use.

Thanks for the kind words friend and best of luck for the rest of the season 

On 30/03/2019 at 21:52, H5VRN said:

Strange one this, from both sides!

4 hours ago, iPhone said:

Strange one this, from both sides!

Greg had no choice ! Darvel accepted an offer for  Greg without asking him. Greg had to sign or be left with no club. Considering the signing deadline was Saturday. Apart from DL Greg has had no contact from anyone. 

2 hours ago, H5VRN said:

Greg had no choice ! Darvel accepted an offer for  Greg without asking him. Greg had to sign or be left with no club. Considering the signing deadline was Saturday. Apart from DL Greg has had no contact from anyone. 

Definitely not handled properly mate but to be honest really not surprising.

Edited by Ubidizzy