What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Here's a question.....how is a Ref won by shouting down, and throwing abuse at any who are either...on the fence/undecided/soft yes/soft no? 

You might find that during a campaign simply writing off anyone who isnt part of the herd is therefore thick/a racist etc might not be a winning strategy.

Edited by Jedi

37 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Trolling=any questioning of any SNP policy 

My dear fellow, my reply was referring to your claim of a lack of scrutiny of the Scottish Government, a claim that in my opinion is wholly specious.

But this thread, as others have guided you, is about the British Labour Party.

So let's talk about the BLP and their sacking of any soft yes candidates ..... 

Oh, there is questioning of the SNP on the Internet, just not on P + B.

More than happy, as always, to discuss flaws in Labour policy....so who are these soft yes candidates you speak of? Given that candidates for a GE have of course, yet to be selected across the board in Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

More than happy, as always, to discuss flaws in Labour policy....so who are these soft yes candidates you speak of? Given that candidates for a GE have of course, yet to be selected across the board in Scotland.

Only a moron can't grasp the oh so easy to use quote function. Ask Hollie Cameron to help you with this and other matters.

38 minutes ago, sophia said:

Only a moron can't grasp the oh so easy to use quote function. Ask Hollie Cameron to help you with this and other matters.

So no actual list of the sidelining of soft no voters, just the 'usual' response. Do you just keep a dictionary of derogatory terms to hand at the top of your browser and work your way through it? I know that you probably like a quote to feed the colossal ego , but I don't actually care enough to 'do so' tbh.

Edited by Jedi

55 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Except for all the criticism of Sturgeon and the SNP on P&B. Top tip: if you venture out of the “What is the point in Labour” thread, you might see some.

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

So no actual list of the sidelining of soft no voters, just the 'usual' response. Do you just keep a dictionary of derogatory terms to hand at the top of your browser and work your way through it? I know that you probably like a quote to feed the colossal ego , but I don't actually care enough to 'do so' tbh.

I'm just joshing with you but despite your reluctance when it comes to gratitude, if I have also coached you in the use of the the quote function, my day has been a success.

Anyway, moving on...

Clearly Hollie Cameron declared her curiosity but the BLP booted her.

When I comes to the union the BLP are red in tooth and claw.

35 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm just joshing with you but despite your reluctance when it comes to gratitude, if I have also coached you in the use of the the quote function, my day has been a success.

Anyway, moving on...

Clearly Hollie Cameron declared her curiosity but the BLP booted her.

When I comes to the union the BLP are red in tooth and claw.

Ah yes, Hollie Cameron,...didn't stop her becoming Chair of her Constituency LP though.......also Labour fielded 25 candidates in the same election who professed a pro-Indy stance. 

Edited by Jedi

In any future Referendum campaign there is no way that Labour will be on the same platform as the Tories again.(in terms of a Better Together grouping) Whilst Sawar, Murray et al will be vocal in their opposition, I fully expect another Labour for Independence offshoot, and also a reasonable % of Labour voters who will vote Yes. As said, if Independence isn't ;just' about the SNP. which it never should be, the campaign will need to draw in Labour and also Liberal voters to get over that 50% line. 

Edited by Jedi

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

but whataboutery in reference to Labour=totally acceptable, and to be cheered from the rafters....see, I do get it.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

Here's a question.....how is a Ref won by shouting down, and throwing abuse at any who are either...on the fence/undecided/soft yes/soft no? 

You might find that during a campaign simply writing off anyone who isnt part of the herd is therefore thick/a racist etc might not be a winning strategy.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

This thread is about Labour. It's kind of hinted at in the title. 

Anyway, happy concern trolling 😂

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
21 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

This thread is about Labour. It's kind of hinted at in the title. 
Anyway, happy concern trolling emoji23.png

And he fails to answer any questions about Labour.

Of course...despite coming back each time with commentary on Labour policy, responses regarding what Labour policy is, comments about where I agree/disagree with Starmer on trade unions, Europe, Scotland, immigration. What.my position on Independece is (asked a couple of days ago).Reasons why I think there are a good few areas I'm which I think they will/have improved people's lives with policy, commentary on what I thought of the Blair govt and some of the direction of travel with Corbyn.....but apart from that, yes, never comment on Labour or answer any questions.

There's a whole thread of poorly formatted memes and misogyny to criticise the SNP in. 

Anyway, how does Sir Keiths "Labour's policy on immigration is pretty much the same as the tories" working out. Considering tory policy is demonstrably to be as cruel and inhumane as they think they can get away with in order to make folk literally fleeing war, torture, rape, and enslavement consider coming to the Shittish Isles would be worse.

A plague on both your houses. 

10 hours ago, Jedi said:

In any future Referendum campaign there is no way that Labour will be on the same platform as the Tories again.(in terms of a Better Together grouping) Whilst Sawar, Murray et al will be vocal in their opposition, I fully expect another Labour for Independence offshoot, and also a reasonable % of Labour voters who will vote Yes. As said, if Independence isn't ;just' about the SNP. which it never should be, the campaign will need to draw in Labour and also Liberal voters to get over that 50% line. 

😅

3 hours ago, BudBudBud said:

Agreed.

Sadly, despite the recent brief pretence of a clamp down, the abuse and nastiness continues.

Some of the stuff I see on here is deplorable.  The recent David Amess comment for example.

No matter how rational you are, criticise the SNP and you’ll have posters on your back. Answer their points and you’re accused of trolling.

Nae bother DAF 😂

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

This.

And that. 

Starmer used all his questions hammering them on asylum and immigration. 

The fire bombing wasn't mentioned but the things the government has responsibilty for - the "broken" system, asylum claims processing, overcrowding, etc. - were raised.