Drug deaths in Scotland hit record high

19 hours ago, RH33 said:

Poverty is a disease and we've seen the number of children living in poverty increase which will have a knock on effect into adulthood.

We need to treat drug addiction as a health issue not a crime issue.

The "war on drugs" isn't getting very far but it would be political suicide to push forward legalisation. We're still very much a small c, conservative country both at Scottish and UK level. 

Awe the poor souls, we need to give them decent cheep drugs when they want them. We also need to take care of the children that they brought into this world, give them lots of free stuff, that should help them out considerably. The police should be encouraged to provide them and their dealers a safe space and a complete immunity from the law. 

There isn't and has never been a 'War' on drugs, there has been several attempts by soft handed liberals making sure that everyone is a victim. A 'War' would be to take the same standard as with the recent rioters, get them flung into jail ASAP for long sentences and see if it becomes as much as a detterent as the riot trials have. 

3 minutes ago, Plumpy said:

Awe the poor souls, we need to give them decent cheep drugs when they want them. We also need to take care of the children that they brought into this world, give them lots of free stuff, that should help them out considerably. The police should be encouraged to provide them and their dealers a safe space and a complete immunity from the law. 

There isn't and has never been a 'War' on drugs, there has been several attempts by soft handed liberals making sure that everyone is a victim. A 'War' would be to take the same standard as with the recent rioters, get them flung into jail ASAP for long sentences and see if it becomes as much as a detterent as the riot trials have. 

^^^ Not taking the divorce well

I had an operation at the start of this year, very simple to fix a hernia.  I was given dihyrdocodeine afterwards for the pain and the day after the operation I was at home on it and the day just seemed to disappear.  I wasn't asleep or unconcious, the day just melted away.  It was a strange feeling, I'm quite a busy person usually working or doing some other activity.  

If I was someone with a particularly miserable life then I could really see the attraction of doing it.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I had an operation at the start of this year, very simple to fix a hernia.  I was given dihyrdocodeine afterwards for the pain and the day after the operation I was at home on it and the day just seemed to disappear.  I wasn't asleep or unconcious, the day just melted away.  It was a strange feeling, I'm quite a busy person usually working or doing some other activity.  

If I was someone with a particularly miserable life then I could really see the attraction of doing it.

This exactly, had it following 3 separate operations and it is was extremely noticeable to me I had to stop taking it as soon as was physically possible pain wise as there was a very definite "dreamy" feeling where I barely noticed what was going on around me. Thing was I was prescribed loads of it so it's not hard to see how stuff like that gets into the wrong circulation.

1 hour ago, Plumpy said:

Damn. Who pished in your cereal?

1 hour ago, Plumpy said:

sassy-fishing.gif

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

When I was pregnant with youngest child I was on codeine and dihydrocodeine for pain. It didn't touch the sides. After child was born (who some how didn't end up a druggy!) I went onto 40mg steroids and morphine. Offt. Never have I been so awake in my life. No sleep, night sweats and spending money on crap were the symptoms. Brutal.

3 hours ago, Plumpy said:

Trying too hard.

A child shouldn't be punished for their parents.

3 hours ago, Plumpy said:

Of course there's been a war on drugs.

Misuse of drugs act 1971 was created for such a purpose and is constantly updated for the newer drugs that come on the scene.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/aug/21/cocaine-britain-gen-x-millennials-drug-vogue

Spotted this in today's paper. I don't use drugs so not able to offer an opinion but a question for the younger posters on here.

Is coke going out of fashion ?

Millenial here. I'm not sure about going out of fashion, more that folk are too f**king skint to fund a habit.

8 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I'll bite,  Minimum pricing along with other measures was never meant to stop the hardcore

Pardon?  This was exactly the reason given for the introduction on MUP.

23 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/aug/21/cocaine-britain-gen-x-millennials-drug-vogue

Spotted this in today's paper. I don't use drugs so not able to offer an opinion but a question for the younger posters on here.

Apparently not

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/c8dpeyged1qo

23 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Not sure coke is out of fashion. However, the big thing nowadays is synthetic drugs - so-called "legal highs" - that are inexpensive and can dodge legislation by having their chemical formula tweaked so that they're technically not the same substance anymore.

These do horrendous damage to people.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Not sure coke is out of fashion. However, the big thing nowadays is synthetic drugs - so-called "legal highs" - that are inexpensive and can dodge legislation by having their chemical formula tweaked so that they're technically not the same substance anymore.

A few years ago there used to be regular videos and reports of people stumbling around city centres like zombies due to Spice - Manchester was particularly notorious for this.  However, it all seems to have quietened down on this front, unsure what happened.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Psychoactive substances act seemed to have got ahead of this to some extent.

Wonder where ketamine fits in the picture of the nations drug use, seems to be talked about much more

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Cake is a made-up drug. It's not made from plants, it's made from chemicals...by...sick b*****ds.

On 21/08/2024 at 13:20, ICTChris said:

Morrisey alluded to this very point in his 1989 single “Interesting Drug”.

Interesting drug, the one that you took
Tell the truth, it really helped you
An interesting drug, the one that you took
God, it really, really helped you
You wonder why we're only half-ashamed?
Because enough is too much
And look around, can you blame us?
Can you blame us?