France vs Belgium

lichtie23

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except that what I was talking about was players on the pitch in the confines of a game of football, as you well know, so not even remotely the same thing then. Thanks.
Mbappe time wasted, Mbappe received a yellow card. Committed an offence and was duly punished, just as Kante was for wiping someone out five minutes earlier. Why are you up in arms about one and not the other? Are you furious when one of your players sneakily pulls someone back or wrestles them at a corner and gets away with it, or do you take it as part of the game and an advantage to the team you support? Do you go absolutely ballistic when your right back tries to claim a throw-in that he knows fine well that he put out of play, thereby sneakily trying to con the ref, or do you laugh it off and think "haha, can't believe we got away with that"?
Ah the old 'claiming for a throw-in' argument.

There's a level of sportsmanship that I believe in (and the fact that you've dismissed cheating by bribing a ref I presume you believe in it too). These things are not all the same, and there's a scale of honest behaviour compared with cuntish behaviour.

It's a matter of where the line is. For me, diving is the sign of absolute scum-bag behaviour (and I call it out when it's done by ayr players).

Ridiculous time wasting is not far behind. I would like to think someone would have a word with mbappe and tell him he doesn't need to do that.

Archived