France vs Belgium

lichtie23

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This match will decide the winner IMHO - it's the equivalent of a Scottish Cup semi between Celtic and Rangers with the other semi being between 2 Championship teams.

France are marginally favourites but it depends on which Belgium turns up - the one who beat Brazil and turned around a 2-0 deficit against Japan - or the one who shits the bed and is complacent like the first hour vs Japan.

I would love to see the Belgians win but my gut is telling me that Griezmann and Mbappe will be just too much for the Belgian defence to handle.

Canna wait for this ane.. really struggling to call it as well, would have made for a stunning final tbh..

If Belgium produce what they did against Brazil, with that front three of De Bruyne, Hazard and Lukaku all playing like they did then France will be hard pushed to stop that kind of firepower, if they can get the ball through the lines past Kante (although hes almost like an extra defender) into the pockets behind the defence then  scenes could occur.

France bossed the game against a very decent Uruguay side albeit without Cavani they won comfortably in the end and have look pretty assured all tournament without being spectacular other than the Argentina game where Mbappe tore it up and they played some superb stuff.. similarly if Pogba, griezmann and Mbappe all turn up then this game could be something else.. with the quality on show from both teams I’m hoping for a classic :rolleyes:

I think France will just sneak it due to having been in a semi 2 years ago getting through that, combined with quality all over the pitch.

2-1 Les Bleus

France for me. Belgium looked great in that first half against Brazil but that simply exposed the more and more obvious shortcomings of South American teams v the elite of Europe. France are a different kettle of fish entirely. Much more able to capitalise on crosses which Brazil managed a lot of if Giroud plays, much more able to keep control of the middle of the park, and Mbappe just seems to be on fire. He will easily outpace any defender so Kompany, Vermalen, Boyata etc will hold no fear for him.

Still, Lukaku on his day is such a handful for any defender and there is obviously the Belgian midfield baller factor to feed off his hold up play. Maybe see more focus on the breakaway from Belgium since they have done it so well, and they may sit deep so as not to leave space for Mbappe to run into.

I still think it will be yet another fairly professional and not easy, but comfortable win against a top side for France who will cruise it in the Final.

France looks like the stronger team to me, Belgium's defence is their weak spot and the French should be able to exploit that. I think France will win 2-1.

Allez les Bleus!

I didn't think Belgium were that great on Friday tbh. Brazil missed a couple of glaring chances either side of the OG and Belgium were clinical with the 2nd goal. Fair play to them for capitalising when they were on top, but they conceded a fair amount of chances and were holding on at the end. If they don't improve, they're out IMO.

I think it will be a good but close game with France winning. Belgium have looked good but I agree with the comment above that they have made heavy work of both Japan and Brazil and I think that France look as though they can still play even better than they have done so far. Looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This match will decide the winner IMHO - it's the equivalent of a Scottish Cup semi between Celtic and Rangers with the other semi being between 2 Championship teams.

What happened the last time the Celtic and Rangers met in A semi and the winner played a championship team?

Just having a look through the permutations here...

• If FRA win OR BEL lose then FRA are through to the World Cup Final
  • If BEL lose FRA are through to the World Cup Final
  • BEL can get through to the World Cup Final if they beat FRA
  • If FRA lose then BEL are through to the World Cup Final
  • If BEL win OR FRA lose BEL are through to the World Cup Final
  • Here's where it gets complicated: If neither BEL OR FRA win they can both f**k OFF and the final will be between ENGGER like in 66 COME ON ENGLAND!

1 hour ago, Girth said:

If France win this and beat England in the final (if we make it) then I'll never hear the end of it. 

Belgium win please.

Thank you. 

But if Belgium win and play Engerlund in the final, this will seem like another round of the Brexit negotiations.

If Belgium (Brussels) win, we stay in the EU, if Engerlund (Maybot) wins we Brexit with no trade deal.  (Sir) Gareth becomes PM.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

But if Belgium win and play Engerlund in the final, this will seem like another round of the Brexit negotiations.

If Belgium (Brussels) win, we stay in the EU, if Engerlund (Maybot) wins we Brexit with no trade deal.  (Sir) Gareth becomes PM.

I do!? :angel

France have just got on with it there's been very little drama about them and they have done enough to win every game. 

After fucking up the if I final against Portugal they look a team on a mission to win.

I can't help but look at this as anything other than who do I want to be in the final if, God help us, the M&S waistcoat brigade make it there?

The team more likely to stop them scoring? (France)

The team more likely to score against them? (Belgium)

But with her wifeship being French I know who I'll be expected to support (on the outside at least).

Archived