West Region Fixture Update

Kennie

I've explained, or at least tried to explain, the sequence of how it happened. 

It is possible that the complaint on here highlighted the situation to the clubs concerned or even that the complainer contacted his club directly.

I was then in contact with both clubs.

I accepted the concerns of both clubs and withdrew the fixture in the interests of both clubs.

There is nothing more I can add to this.

If you wish to construe it into something else, there is not much I can do about that.

You tried your best maybe you should approach meadow n pollok bout playing on the 1st sept. I’d fancy talbot to beat banks of Dee and beat to beat threave rovers, if you get in just now then fair chance they might agree to a fixture provisionally for 1st September, poor larkhall no game on 1st as girvan playing 2nd prelim Scottish cup

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, classof2010 said:

You tried your best maybe you should approach meadow n pollok bout playing on the 1st sept. I’d fancy talbot to beat banks of Dee and beat to beat threave rovers, if you get in just now then fair chance they might agree to a fixture provisionally for 1st September, poor larkhall no game on 1st as girvan playing 2nd prelim Scottish cup

No point. Meadow v Pollok on 15th September anyway. 2 weeks later.

FFS, this thread is a car crash.

Everyone complains about the old fixtures guy. New person comes in, sets up fixtures in advance as required, then openly communicates with clubs and supporters on changes only to get torn to pieces on here.

The guy is in his first few weeks taking over the role, give him a chance.

And I hope no Clydebank fan moans about 3 games in a week come April and May when opting to take a blank Saturday in August which has exactly the same cash impact on the club as an away game.

Thanks to the boards idiotic decision to play at maryhill even though Holm park is still available none of our games are really homes games so why all the fuss fixture guy is obviously trying his best .

FFS as has been said this thread is a mess 

People on here greeting like wee sweetie wives already and we have not played a competitive game yet

The fixture guys job is hard enough and it's fairly obvious he is trying his best 

25 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

And if Pollok had to start the season with 5 of their first 6 games away from home they`d have been fine with it?

Posters are complaining about the financial impact. However the reality is bankies have two other home league cup games and one away.

So when fixtures set they had 4 home games from first 9 fixtures. Unfortunately A game cancelled due to Scottish cup causes an issue that the guy does his best get a game played, which seems was agreed with both clubs. 

I have always said on here that you have to look at all fixtures when looking at a clubs fixture balance as the reality is cup games can be 40% of a teams fixtures over a season. 

On 15/07/2018 at 22:31, Kilbowie Benches said:

There’s no benefit for us in playing the game.We get no money and have to play another away game.

If anyone thinks it’s fair  for a club to play 5 out of its first 6 league games away then I’d love to hear the reasoning?

The reason is your homeless every game you play is an away game.

31 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

The reason is your homeless every game you play is an away game.

This is getting boring game has been removed not much else can be said use keep going on I would rather play at cambuslang than have a free Saturday game had been agreed by the clubs should have been the end of it 

4 hours ago, Kennie said:

No point. Meadow v Pollok on 15th September anyway. 2 weeks later.

Unless either Pollok or Meadow are drawn to play in the single 1st Round tie of the Junior Cup on 15th September, in which case their game COULD be brought forward to 1st!

(When IS the draw for the first stage/s of the Junior Cup going to be made?)

4 hours ago, superpollok said:

FFS, this thread is a car crash.

Everyone complains about the old fixtures guy. New person comes in, sets up fixtures in advance as required, then openly communicates with clubs and supporters on changes only to get torn to pieces on here.

The guy is in his first few weeks taking over the role, give him a chance.

And I hope no Clydebank fan moans about 3 games in a week come April and May when opting to take a blank Saturday in August which has exactly the same cash impact on the club as an away game.

At least car crashes get sorted out by insurance companies.  Can’t believe after 3000 views and two days of chat about ONE fixture that it’s still going . I’m glad I’m 5 hours behind you and I’m not up at 1 arguing about some game that about 200 people will watch.  

7 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

There is always some whiny bitch, whining away...Kennie should just have told him tae eff aff...he should have said "that's yer fixture...get it played".

That's how his predecessor conducted business! Maybe less polite though.

14 hours ago, hague said:

Thanks to the boards idiotic decision to play at maryhill even though Holm park is still available none of our games are really homes games so why all the fuss fixture guy is obviously trying his best .

Sensible, forward planning. We know the work will be getting carried out and we will need to play elsewhere. I prefer the current approach rather than leaving it to the last minute.

This is nonsense. Both clubs agreed to play at Cambuslang, the guy was good enough to explain the reasons here and still gets abuse. If he didn't have a good reason for not making it at Maryhill then it might be merited but he does and he did.

Now we're at the stage where nobody knows - just like previous seasons. This time it seems like Kilbowie Benches fault when before it was the auld duffer.

Archived