147th Open Championship

Davis Love III

Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?

• Dustin Johnson
    • Justin Rose
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Jon Rahm
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Jordan Spieth
    • Brooks Koepka
    • Justin Thomas
    • Tiger Woods
    • Alex Noren
    • Francesco Molinari
    • Russell Knox
    • Henrik Stenson
    • OTHER PLAYER
  2. 2. Which former Open champions will make the cut? 1/2

• Jordan Spieth (2017)
    • Henrik Stenson (2016)
    • Zach Johnson (2015)
    • Rory McIlroy (2014)
    • Phil Mickelson (2013)
    • Ernie Els (2002/2012)
    • Darren Clarke (2011)
    • Louis Oosthuizen (2010)
    • Stewart Cink (2009)
    • Padraig Harrington (2007/2008)
    • Tiger Woods (2000/2005/2006)
    • Todd Hamilton (2004)
    • David Duval (2001)
    • Tom Lehman (1996)
    • Mark Calcavecchia (1989)
  3. 3. Will Sandy Lyle make the cut?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/07/18 at 05:24

23 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Yep as I said I’m sure Stella pay good money to sponsor the event. But if you turned up at a concert or festival and there was only one choice of beer people wouldn’t be slow to complain. 

Not even just the drinks, the food at it was sub standard as well and you are paying about £8 for a burger. My friend bought one from the main fan zone area and it looked like it had been put together with someone’s forehead. 

I was at TRSNMT and it was only Carlsberg that was available in terms of beer - £5.50 for a 3.8% beer, £5 for a pint of Stella at 4.8% almost seemed like a bargain at Carnoustie! You could get Boddingtons as well if you wanted an ale, not sure if they even sold an alternative at TRNSMT.

I'm not going to disagree that food is a massive rip off at these things but there are ways round it, we brought sandwiches which meant the only food we ended up buying later on was chips. £3 for a portion of chips isn't cheap but you did at least get a fair amount of them. I was intrigued by the attached picture though... "gourmet?"

sasij.jpg

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So who’s winning this lads?
Can't see anyone below Molinari on the leaderboard winning it. 4 shots back will be very hard to make up, they would need to shoot 65 or 66 and hope that none of the leaders go under par, and with the wind getting up a bit that's going to be very tough.

27 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Record crowds apparently. Certainly hasn’t looked that way on the telly

Didn't feel that busy yesterday.  Obviously plenty of people  following Woods and McIlroy groups but at no time was it crowded.  It helps that Carnoustie has plenty of decent places to watch it mind you.  First year I have been where once you're in you're in, which i a bit harsh on any local businesses looking to benefit from The Open.   If you hadn't brought your own food you were in trouble too with a burger/chips a tenner.  The price of a 330ml bottle of stella was £4.50.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Times this starting today ?

Leaders out at 1445.

24 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Looking at the leaderboard, wonder if Fleetwood or Mcllroy can get themselves into a decent position to threaten the leaders this afternoon.

Tentative start from McIlroy. I would bet on a charge from Fleetwood getting him close before he falters on the back 9. 

It's a predictable guess but Spieth will be the man to beat for me.

Fleetwood out of it now as well. Could end up being a shoot out between the final pairing. You'd have to think -9 will win it now. If Eddie Pepperall can par the last he'll be looking good for a top 5 finish.

Only qualified last week

Looking at the leaderboard, wonder if Fleetwood or Mcllroy can get themselves into a decent position to threaten the leaders this afternoon.
Looking at that Yank-dominated scoreboard is not good reading.

Disappointed they didn't make the course tougher in terms of the rough - the last day has been the only real test.

Archived