147th Open Championship

Davis Love III

Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?

• Dustin Johnson
    • Justin Rose
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Jon Rahm
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Jordan Spieth
    • Brooks Koepka
    • Justin Thomas
    • Tiger Woods
    • Alex Noren
    • Francesco Molinari
    • Russell Knox
    • Henrik Stenson
    • OTHER PLAYER
  2. 2. Which former Open champions will make the cut? 1/2

• Jordan Spieth (2017)
    • Henrik Stenson (2016)
    • Zach Johnson (2015)
    • Rory McIlroy (2014)
    • Phil Mickelson (2013)
    • Ernie Els (2002/2012)
    • Darren Clarke (2011)
    • Louis Oosthuizen (2010)
    • Stewart Cink (2009)
    • Padraig Harrington (2007/2008)
    • Tiger Woods (2000/2005/2006)
    • Todd Hamilton (2004)
    • David Duval (2001)
    • Tom Lehman (1996)
    • Mark Calcavecchia (1989)
  3. 3. Will Sandy Lyle make the cut?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/07/18 at 05:24

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Molinari seems to have had about a 100 foot putt on every hole but has 2 putted all of them.

He somehow got even better, that was like playing Tiger Woods on the PlayStation on easy mode on the greens.  Must have holed 10+ putts of 4 feet or more. 

I also said this was his best chance ever but he'd probably melt due to being paired with Tiger - got that totally wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Every chance it was a pissed up Brit. They were the main suspects in any arsehole behaviour yesterday.

Yep the sort of pissed up American that carries on like that is unlikely to have travelled across for this.

Ended up going Saturday and Sunday. Have to say, the buzz around the place when tiger took the solo lead was really cool. "Can he really do it?" being the common theme. 

We took up a spot in the 7th Green grand stand and could see 7, 8 and 13 and gauge responses from other holes around, then moved down to the mound to the left of 15 later in the afternoon - another great spot. 

I thought when we were on 15 and heard that Speith had an eagle putt on 14 that it was inevitable he was going to make a late charge. There was a stat earlier in the day that he hadn't 3 putted for 12 whole rounds on tour or something like that. The reaction to Rory's eagle on 14 was also pretty cool to hear from the 15th. 

Watched a bit of Molinari and he was just so steady, made a lot of good par putts. He's not a "box office" winner like Spieth or Woods would have been but as Justin Thomas said he's probably been the best player in the world over the last month or so. 

One great thing about seeing these guys up close is the sound of the strike on their irons. On 8 and 13 it was good to watch and the sound the ball makes when they hit it is just completely different to what you hear playing yourself.

The epitome of the American golf fan was a 12 year old kid who sat beside us on the mound at 13 and shouted "Fortnite, YEAHHHH" a couple of times when players took their tee shots. Father of said child responded with a high five and a laugh - it's being driven into them from a young age. 

All in all it was a good weekend and have to appreciate having one of the worlds biggest sporting events a couple of miles along the road. Hopefully the little tip I picked up from the swingzone lesson will transition into my game as well...

Would think a few players would be having a sleepless night last night thinking "what if"? Speith is blaming being put on the clock, but he had already dropped shots before that and his choice of second shot on 15 was mental. Kisner will look back at his 6 on 18 on Friday when he decided to go for the green from heavy rough and found the Barry Burn. McIlroy's putter was cold for most of the days, and Tiger will be gutted that he went backwards after going in front, and plenty of players who kept going aggressive with driver and ending up in the rough might be having a rethink.

Saw this earlier about the USPGA coverage, at least it's going to be free to view.

http://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/wow-the-2018-us-pga-championship-wont-be-on-tv

29 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Would think a few players would be having a sleepless night last night thinking "what if"? Speith is blaming being put on the clock, but he had already dropped shots before that and his choice of second shot on 15 was mental. Kisner will look back at his 6 on 18 on Friday when he decided to go for the green from heavy rough and found the Barry Burn. McIlroy's putter was cold for most of the days, and Tiger will be gutted that he went backwards after going in front, and plenty of players who kept going aggressive with driver and ending up in the rough might be having a rethink.

Saw this earlier about the USPGA coverage, at least it's going to be free to view.

http://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/wow-the-2018-us-pga-championship-wont-be-on-tv

I like Speith but not surprised to hear him find something to blame. Get a fucking move on then you won`t risk being put on the clock.  He lost because of poor decision making and uncharacteristic poor play around and on the greens.

I like Speith but not surprised to hear him find something to blame. Get a fucking move on then you won`t risk being put on the clock.  He lost because of poor decision making and uncharacteristic poor play around and on the greens.
Usually holes a lot more putts than he did yesterday.

23 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
24 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Usually holes a lot more putts than he did yesterday.

Yep.

I see one of the things he is blaming for slow play is that Xander had a lot of flies on his ball :lol: Deary me Jordan, have a listen to yourself.

I was out for a bit of the day yesterday so I watched it about 4 hours behind everyone else. I thoroughly enjoyed that and watching guys like Speith and Woods dop shots is just as entertaining as seeing them sink 40 footers for eagle.
Anyone who plays the final 2 rounds and doesn't drop a shot is champion material IMO. Molinari has been in fantastic form coming into this championship, he's always hit the ball well but the change in his putting this last year is unidentifiable. Its like its a completely different guy on the greens.
Im not a fan of Woods, I totally get the circus surrounding him, best player ever, raised the game to a new level etc, but I just don't like the c*nt.
How good a c*nt does Matt Kuchar come across as BTW. The man genuinely seems to love his job and conducts himself impeccably.

Archived