The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Of course what really matters is that non-white populations are much more common in the cities, getting on for 20% of the population of Glasgow. That's far, far higher than many of the places in England that saw riots. Your opinion is just dumb.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Given that Scots have tended to be emigrants over the last few hundred years,I'm sure all on here can mention relatives in the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, given that I would say that we are more tolerant of immigration.

Head in the sand "Wha's like us" stuff.

The Scottish population at large is not predisposed to be any more or less tolerant of immigration than anywhere else.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Given that Scots have tended to be emigrants over the last few hundred years,I'm sure all on here can mention relatives in the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, given that I would say that we are more tolerant of immigration.

There is no doubt that the birth rate has fallen in Scotland and that we need immigration to bolster the workforce and pay taxes etc, the fact that many immigrants have no skills is an argument prresently but people can change and be trained.

Bear in mind that our forefather emigrants arrived in their chosen countries with no skills other than the odd Blacksmith and were mainly farm labourers.

Doesn't seem to be making any difference in Ireland just now does it? Their historical emigration rate must be at least 3 times that of ours