Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

Did one of the SI members not clarify why they release a new game every year on the SI forum? 

Sure I read something about them being reliant on getting that funding every year whereas a subscription would make it more awkward. 

• 1 month later...

All very Alan Partridge shrug.  Don't remember any feature announcement being much different though, despite the hype.  I'll no doubt get the game, as most of the changes you pick up are never talked about and build up to make the game more fun to play.  Hopefully it is this time.

39 minutes ago, forameus said:

All very Alan Partridge shrug.  Don't remember any feature announcement being much different though, despite the hype.  I'll no doubt get the game, as most of the changes you pick up are never talked about and build up to make the game more fun to play.  Hopefully it is this time.

For VAR, or all of it?

Im actually quite excited by some of those changes. Tactics and training seem to have been improved quite dramatically. Not bothered about the interface changes and VAR can get in the sea, quite frankly

Just now, Mr X said:

For VAR, or all of it?

Im actually quite excited by some of those changes. Tactics and training seem to have been improved quite dramatically. Not bothered about the interface changes and VAR can get in the sea, quite frankly

All of it really.  I doubt I'll touch training, never really have.  Tactics are a difficult one to say - I'm much more of a player to set out a formation and just hope it works rather than go into great detail, but if this makes it less tedious and error-prone to do so, then great.  

VAR I really don't see the point of though.  I'd need to see how it's working (there's a youtube video on the announcement but can't see it in work) but just seems like pointless fluff that's only in there so boring people can say how realistic it is.  I fail to see what it adds to the game.

All of it really.  I doubt I'll touch training, never really have.  Tactics are a difficult one to say - I'm much more of a player to set out a formation and just hope it works rather than go into great detail, but if this makes it less tedious and error-prone to do so, then great.  
VAR I really don't see the point of though.  I'd need to see how it's working (there's a youtube video on the announcement but can't see it in work) but just seems like pointless fluff that's only in there so boring people can say how realistic it is.  I fail to see what it adds to the game.
I might not use either that much either but it's nice to see genuine attempts at making key areas better rather than just fluff like press conferences and tactical briefings.
The VAR animation of the ref running over to look at the booth is going to be a pain in the arse after the first time
This x a million

Only seen a brief glimpse but like the look of the new tactics screen, been a long term issue with the "transition" phase of it all. People didn't seem to realise your formation was the defensive formation, and the roles decided your attacking formation, this should hopefully clear up the whole thing. 

Are the "tika taka" type things default settings too? Be quite helpful if they give a rough outline then you can tweak it to your squad/preference. 

VAR is purely cosmetic, doesn't put me up nor down at all. 

Trainings interesting, does it affect individual training? I never bother with squad training but do set up stuff for individual players I'm trying to mould into roles. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, forameus said:

Yeah, they were quite unequivocal about it, saying it would be no later than Friday.  I'd expect it tomorrow

Yeah they've pretty much confirmed this morning it'll be tomorrow, and I'm sure it's usually after 5 they release it.

Not sure I'll survive another 30 hours tbh.

1 hour ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Man I was really hoping it was going to be today

Probably just me being negative. Said there was "zero chance" it would be released this morning.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

I have pre-purchased FM19 (saved 10% on steam) but I may just wait until the full version comes out in a couple of weeks. 

Why?

Beta expected tonight.