Dumbarton v Arbroath.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The game against Berwick which clinched it was at Boghead not Sheilfield. I'm pretty sure it was a normal postponement for weather condidtions from an earlier date. Knowing Boghead it was probably a waterlogged pitch. Anyway, 10,000 there on the night and the win was pretty convincing.

Hey, I thought I did pretty well remembering as much as I did! 

So, it was at Boghead, aye? Verrrry suspicious. Did the groundsman leave a hose on by 'mistake' :)

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Having now watched the highlights and read some of the stuff since my initial reaction, what I'd say is, it's never a penalty with Dyer and Kader. Mainly due to it not being inside the box. Whether Dyer should've still been on if the referee made his first right decision all afternoon?... I think we got lucky there.

On the coming together between Kader and Adam, I don't think Adam should've been sent off having seen it back. It's handbags at best and they both push each other. Bookings for both would've been right.

And for whoever it was claiming Carswell should've been sent off, what a laugh that is. It's a clash and Thomson is knocked over. No less and certainly no more. Carswell is booked because of the reaction and Thomson is booked because the referee doesn't appear to know what he's doing, and not for the first time.

A draw absolutely fair. Both teams really poor, worryingly we could do without any more injuries. What chance of a loan or two before the end of the month?

Think we might actually have until the end of September for loans... but don't hold that as a fact. I was told this at one of the games recently though - which might be handy.

14 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Hey, I thought I did pretty well remembering as much as I did! 

So, it was at Boghead, aye? Verrrry suspicious. Did the groundsman leave a hose on by 'mistake' :)

Hoses not necessary to waterlog BOGhead!

13 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Think we might actually have until the end of September for loans... but don't hold that as a fact. I was told this at one of the games recently though - which might be handy.

We do, aye. One of the perks of relegation I guess :)

Having now watched the highlights and read some of the stuff since my initial reaction, what I'd say is, it's never a penalty with Dyer and Kader. Mainly due to it not being inside the box. Whether Dyer should've still been on if the referee made his first right decision all afternoon?... I think we got lucky there.

On the coming together between Kader and Adam, I don't think Adam should've been sent off having seen it back. It's handbags at best and they both push each other. Bookings for both would've been right.

And for whoever it was claiming Carswell should've been sent off, what a laugh that is. It's a clash and Thomson is knocked over. No less and certainly no more. Carswell is booked because of the reaction and Thomson is booked because the referee doesn't appear to know what he's doing, and not for the first time.

A draw absolutely fair. Both teams really poor, worryingly we could do without any more injuries. What chance of a loan or two before the end of the month?

It definitely is in the box. Don’t make me post a screenshot.

2 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

If Dyer didn't commit an offence, the ball was still in play.

If you believe Adam & Kader both deserved to be booked, then one of them must have committed the first offence. As the ball was in play, that original offence should be punished by a free kick or penalty. Kader hadn't even raised his hands when Adam pushed/punched him.

That's a foul, no argument. The penalty should have been awarded. 

I would be interested to hear your argument why you feel that Kader committed the first offence.

I thought it a very decent game and that the first 20 was very open with both teams attack minded. Arbroath goal was typical Bobby Linn, but imo Adam should do more.

As scrappy as the game became it was obvious Dumbarton were pushing more and Arbroath sitting in to counter. Chuffed with the scrappy late goal, as good a strike as it was there’s about 4 messy challenges preceding it that our players fought for and won.

However, I thought at the time that it could have been a penalty and still do. Special award to our supporter who was calling our players shitebags at one point.

What are our chances of picking up 2 loanees?i guess thats what we need at least

I’d be very, very surprised if we brought in one more player, let alone two. Maybe Stevie will be able to sweet talk one of his mates (hiya Derek McInnes, hiya pal) into helping us out, but if he isn’t feeling generous I can’t see anyone coming in.

Penalty and red card..... no question!

Outside the box for a start, I’d say a booking for handbags, never an assault. I seen the penalty claim, but I watched the ball after that and missed the “brawl”, between kader and Adam, as I say, handbags.

We definitely are disjointed at the moment, we definitely need an attacking force in the middle of the park, Barr and Paton can be good on the wing, perhaps not Barr too much on Saturday, we could probably put Thomson back in with beanie, and forbes in with Hutton/carswell, but he needs to be quicker,

Can we play a trialist for an emergency?
Gary Irvine needs a club

Outside the box for a start, I’d say a booking for handbags, never an assault. I seen the penalty claim, but I watched the ball after that and missed the “brawl”, between kader and Adam, as I say, handbags.

We definitely are disjointed at the moment, we definitely need an attacking force in the middle of the park, Barr and Paton can be good on the wing, perhaps not Barr too much on Saturday, we could probably put Thomson back in with beanie, and forbes in with Hutton/carswell, but he needs to be quicker,

Can we play a trialist for an emergency?
Gary Irvine needs a club

It’s clearly inside the box.

If Dyer didn't commit an offence, the ball was still in play.
If you believe Adam & Kader both deserved to be booked, then one of them must have committed the first offence. As the ball was in play, that original offence should be punished by a free kick or penalty. Kader hadn't even raised his hands when Adam pushed/punched him.
That's a foul, no argument. The penalty should have been awarded. 
I would be interested to hear your argument why you feel that Kader committed the first offence.

I didn't say I didn't think Dyer had committed an offence, I said it wasn't a penalty and I do think Dyer was lucky to still be on the park. Free-kick and sending off, having seen the footage we couldn't really have grumbled.

On Kader and Adam it looks from the still someone posted, like handbags and they both have their hands raised. Albeit I totally concede that Adam was stupid to rise to it, could've been very costly for us, particularly the way the referee was performing.

Archived