Dumbarton v Arbroath.

30 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I see Sons TV highlights are up.

Do any Dumbarton fans want to comment on 4:16 to 4:20?

At the match, I thought that Kader was clipped inside the box by the defender. The video at 4:16 hasn't changed my mind. I still think it's a penalty.

However, the referee (who was dreadful for both sides) didn't give it. Accordingly the ball is still in play.

At 4:19, Kader gets up and Adams hits him. Omar wasn't challenging for the ball or doing anything else to warrant the assault. My understanding of the laws is that that's a penalty too.

Does anyone disagree?

I do.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the match, I thought that Kader was clipped inside the box by the defender. The video at 4:16 hasn't changed my mind. I still think it's a penalty.
However, the referee (who was dreadful for both sides) didn't give it. Accordingly the ball is still in play.
At 4:19, Kader gets up and Adams hits him. Omar wasn't challenging for the ball or doing anything else to warrant the assault. My understanding of the laws is that that's a penalty too.
Does anyone disagree?

Dyer catches Kader and the contact continues into the box so it’s a penalty.Even though there is no clear attempt to play the ball it is not a clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity so a yellow should be the card colour.

Grant Adam should be sent off as far as I’m concerned, it’s pretty blatant violent conduct and I’m not sure why he does it as Kader barely does anything to annoy him.

Stuart Carswell’s yellow was also a borderline red. Studs on Ankle and pretty reckless. The reason he’s not been sent off is because the ref didn’t think there was excessive force used.

Kader is too honest there. That’s what does him, if he doesn’t try and stay up he gets a penalty. So annoying.

Looking at the highlights, some good Dumbarton moments there I was maybe too harsh.

Wallace and McKenna just never got going at all today they were both pretty poor after having been so good up to now. Agree with HC in the Arbroath thread, needing a bit of back up so we can freshen it up. That’s a rocket from Forbes but ToB maybe should’ve just put it into touch.

Not a bad result just annoying how it came about. Couple of winnable games coming up.

7 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Dyer catches Kader and the contact continues into the box so it’s a penalty.Even though there is no clear attempt to play the ball it is not a clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity so a yellow should be the card colour.

Grant Adam should be sent off as far as I’m concerned, it’s pretty blatant violent conduct and I’m not sure why he does it as Kader barely does anything to annoy him.

Stuart Carswell’s yellow was also a borderline red. Studs on Ankle and pretty reckless. The reason he’s not been sent off is because the ref didn’t think there was excessive force used.

Aye, I can agree with a penalty & yellow for Dyer, even though I think a case could be made for red.

If the referee had made the correct decision at that point, the Adam assault could have been ignored as the ball was dead. A quiet word before the penalty would have sufficed. 

I do love the passion of our fans, but with only one competitive defeat this season - I'm pretty sure Dick knows what he is doing.   The threads are dead all week after good results, then keyboards rattling at the max when we draw! 

Gav was clearing struggling early in the first half, so much so Goldie was stripped and ready to come on, but obviously was able to carry on for as long as he did.   I'd much rather the players are prevented from getting injured and the squad is utilised.   People were complaining last week certain players didn't even get on even though we won 3-1! You can't make it up!

I see in all the threads no comment about swankie with the silent s behaviour . Continual late challenges off the ball then squaring up to the angel like bobby barr all that went unpunished. Could have had 4 yellow cards and that’s 2 sending offs in old money 

6 hours ago, A.K. Barr said:

Think we genuinely have the angriest fans in the world it’s faf,

Last week at home to stranraer at 1-1 and pishing on them there was hell coming from the terraces and then again today when dumbarton equalised.

Folk are fickle, remember (or do not) the lumsden days getting scudded by emoji90.png. Got a very very good part time squad Thomson, swanks, Ricky, TOB etc...

Some football fans are just thick.

A point away to Dumbarton not to be sneezed at. just losing a goal at the death is always a painful  one. 7 points from 9 top of the league happy with that.

Overall I think a draw was probably a fair result, but it's a very frustrating result from our point of view.  If our strongest team had remained on the park I think we would have got all 3 points; also people should remember shots on goal does not equate to overall chances. We had 4/5 very good chances which didn't end in a shot on the goal, although that's obviously entirely our own fault at the end of the day.

Both teams will be top 4 come the end of the season in my opinion; and I still maintain we will be challenging to win the league and would be surprised/ disappointed if this was not the case. Dick obviously knows what he's doing and has us in an excellent position, but the continued subbing of Bobby Linn when he's having good games is baffling; it always results in us sitting deeper with our main out ball taken away and I think it must be over 10 points we've dropped in the last few years from the common formula of get ourselves into a winning position - sub Bobby Linn - sit back/ aimlessly lump it with our out ball off the pitch - lose a late goal - drop points.

The penalty shout is a 50/50 one I think on reflection, really it's simply a question of if there was enough contact. However, was is not debatable is that after it Grant Adam slides to pick the ball up, stands up and promptly smacks Omar in the puss. He has the ball in his hands - everyone in the ground is looking at it including all  the officials. It is absolutely impossible to miss, and the ref just completely ignores it. That to me is absolutely incredible - if a central midfielder is holding the ball up, turns around and smacks his marker in the puss then just continues playing, there's no way it would be ignored. Weak, weak reffing.

11 minutes ago, keptie said:

A point away to Dumbarton not to be sneezed at. just losing a goal at the death is always a painful  one. 7 points from 9 top of the league happy with that.

This is the main thing at the end of the day. 7 points from our first 9 and while last minute goals are always hugely frustrating, I'm sure all of us would have taken a draw before the game and that's what we've got. We've not got East Fife, Forfar and Brechin coming up and another 6/7 points out of 9 from them would put us in a superb position early on.

At the end of the season it's points that matter and regardless of performance/ game/ reffing decisions etc. a point away to a team we expect to challenge up the top with us is a good result to back up our two previous wins :)

6 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Does anyone disagree?

Pish. Yer man Kader isn't even claiming for a penalty after the apparent Dyer contact (I don't think there is any, that's why Kader doesn't claim for it). "Assault" :lol: aye, I heard the polis carried out an early morning raid on Adam's house after seeing this assault on the highlights. Never a pen and chants of a red card for either incident is nonsense. If you want a red card for Adam then Jason Thomson should walk for raising his hands to Carswell. It's handbags.

As for the game, I didn't think either team were at their best and a draw was probably a fair result but I'm annoyed we've not taken more of our chances. I would never have taken Beany off, I thought he did well again yesterday whilst Loy seemed to be dragging a tyre around with him. I still believe Aitken doesn't know his best 11, we need a settled team. Having said that, if Arbroath are setting the bench mark at the top end then we aren't far off it. Sincerely hope Craig Barr is okay, we're in a bit of bother if he's out for any length of time, especially with Perry out just now.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If you want a red card for Adam then Jason Thomson should walk for raising his hands to Carswell. It's handbags.

Bit of a difference there; the ref actually acknowledged that and yellow carded Thomson. Fairly certain Thomson pushed Carswell in the chest also, a standard handbags yellow card I agree. The ref didn't acknowledge Adam pushing/ punching Omar in the face (not the chest) whatsoever despite quite clearly seeing it.

12 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Bit of a difference there; the ref actually acknowledged that and yellow carded Thomson. Fairly certain Thomson pushed Carswell in the chest also, a standard handbags yellow card I agree. The ref didn't acknowledge Adam pushing/ punching Omar in the face (not the chest) whatsoever despite quite clearly seeing it.

The ref saw it for the nothing incident it was. We've had "slap", "punch" and "assault" attributed to this now, all of which seem OTT descriptions to me.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The ref saw it for the nothing incident it was. We've had "slap", "punch" and "assault" attributed to this now, all of which seem OTT descriptions to me.

How would you describe the incident? Grant Adam quite clearly whacks Omar in the puss; I honestly don't get how that part can be debated?! I guess you could say he 'pushed him firmly' in the face as opposed to slapped/ punched...... :unsure: 

4 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

How would you describe the incident? Grant Adam quite clearly whacks Omar in the puss; I honestly don't get how that part can be debated?! I guess you could say he 'pushed him firmly' in the face as opposed to slapped/ punched...... :unsure: 

He pushes him, I'm not certain there's any contact with his face. Do I think Adam needed to do it? No. Do I think he deserves a red card? No. 

Archived