Dumbarton v Arbroath.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Forbes :lol:

I'm not sure if we deserved that or not. It wasn't a great game, but a point each is probably about fair.

Fair play to Stevie absolutely launching everyone forward for the last ten minutes. It was kind of enforced with Mango coming off, but at least we went for it.

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Well done Dick, 3 of the worst subs Iv ever seen. Gav Swankie was head and shoulders the best player on the park and he subs him? Bobby 2nd best player and he puts on Danny?

Think he thought the game was won and probably wanted to spare GS a full 90 mins

Thrown that away through 3 awful substitutions when controlling the game. We gradually weakened our team as the 2nd half went on and it allowed Dumbarton right back into the game. I have no idea why we'd take off our main out ball/ creative player and the guy controlling things in the centre of the park :(

It looks like it as we werent really creating outstanding  chances. 2 pts thrown away by Dick there .IMHO.

Absolutely. We have chucked 2 points away. The subs were awful, we tried to walk the ball into the net just before Dumbarton scored and let’s not forget the stonewall penalty we had turned down that would have seen the boy sent off.

Well at least a major footballing injustice was avoided there. It'd have been a travesty had Arbroath won to be fair.

As pedestrian as we were for large parts, Arbroath were really poor I thought. Other than kicking us all up the park and time-wasting from the moment they went in front, they offered very little.

Too many things for us just didn't click today, but the goal from Forbes was a cracker and was well, well deserved. We'll need to improve for next week, but Thomson was a rare plus for us, who coped admirably despite being ridiculously booked by the referee early on.

Just a final note on the referee. I'd imagine the referee supervisor's report will just be one word. Inept. Looked as if he hadn't a clue what he was doing and fell for every time-wasting tactic out there, all employed by our visitors.

Arbroath will be gutted because we did not deserve that.

If Barr's injury is serious we are humped. Dyer is awful. May as well cut his right leg off.

Another substandard performance that was only redeemed by the goal. Could be an extremely valuable point come May but that is still nowhere near good enough if we're supposed to be challenging for promotion.

Well at least a major footballing injustice was avoided there. It'd have been a travesty had Arbroath won to be fair.

As pedestrian as we were for large parts, Arbroath were really poor I thought. Other than kicking us all up the park and time-wasting from the moment they went in front, they offered very little.

Too many things for us just didn't click today, but the goal from Forbes was a cracker and was well, well deserved. We'll need to improve for next week, but Thomson was a rare plus for us, who coped admirably despite being ridiculously booked by the referee early on.

Just a final note on the referee. I'd imagine the referee supervisor's report will just be one word. Inept. Looked as if he hadn't a clue what he was doing and fell for every time-wasting tactic out there, all employed by our visitors.

Clearly wasn’t at the game

Archived