Dumbarton v Arbroath.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the potential penalty. .no 7 cut in front of dyer. Reasonable to claim but sorry not a stone wall.

overall definitely not as bad as last week and although Arbroath should have seen the game out no harm in a point each overall.

i was aware of the injury problems and mango looks to have added to the list which is not good. 

Ive always said all fans entitled to there opinion but some of the sons fans were ridiculous today

6 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Don't even remember what happened before the handbags - so I doubt it was a stonewaller.

Again it's about opinions. I thought Adam should have been red carded and a pen awarded for that. You could see Barr telling him to calm it afterwards. 

9 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

I remember the potential penalty. .no 7 cut in front of dyer. Reasonable to claim but sorry not a stone wall.

overall definitely not as bad as last week and although Arbroath should have seen the game out no harm in a point each overall.

i was aware of the injury problems and mango looks to have added to the list which is not good. 

Ive always said all fans entitled to there opinion but some of the sons fans were ridiculous today

That was the penalty claim, when Omar was through on goal and the defender clipped him. Referee either gives a pen and red card or books Omar for diving. He bottled it completely.

7 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I fully get the frustration, but some of the abuse being fired the way of our players (Dyer, Hutton, Carswell, even Man of the Match Ryan Thomson!) was absolutely ridiculous. We've got a small squad of new players and, although they evidently haven't gelled yet, quite a few of them are playing through knocks and niggles. 

Special mention to the guy behind me, who spent the first half shouting about how hopeless 'Forbes' was (he would appear to be Stuart Carswell, Kyle Hutton AND Rory Loy) and the second berating Carswell (who would appear to be Calum Gallagher and Kyle Hutton, but weirdly never Stuart Carswell). 

On the penalty incident I'll wait 'til I see it back, because to be honest I can't remember it. The Adam and Kader incident was one of the few things I thought the referee got right. He could've booked both (Kader for blocking a drop kick, Adam for shoving him) but let things continue which was probably the correct thing to do. Adam's clearly a bit of a headcase, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching him celebrate like a maniac after the equaliser.

Given our injury issues, and the fact Arbroath I'm relatively pleased. We're going to need some miracle healing during the week to get a decent squad together for next weekend though. 

5 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

That was the penalty claim, when Omar was through on goal and the defender clipped him. Referee either gives a pen and red card or books Omar for diving. He bottled it completely.

Utter rubbish

Again it's about opinions. I thought Adam should have been red carded and a pen awarded for that. You could see Barr telling him to calm it afterwards. 

I agree.
Don't get me wrong, I fully get the frustration, but some of the abuse being fired the way of our players (Dyer, Hutton, Carswell, even Man of the Match Ryan Thomson!) was absolutely ridiculous. We've got a small squad of new players and, although they evidently haven't gelled yet, quite a few of them are playing through knocks and niggles. 
Special mention to the guy behind me, who spent the first half shouting about how hopeless 'Forbes' was (he would appear to be Stuart Carswell, Kyle Hutton AND Rory Loy) and the second berating Carswell (who would appear to be Calum Gallagher and Kyle Hutton, but weirdly never Stuart Carswell). 
On the penalty incident I'll wait 'til I see it back, because to be honest I can't remember it. The Adam and Kader incident was one of the few things I thought the referee got right. He could've booked both (Kader for blocking a drop kick, Adam for shoving him) but let things continue which was probably the correct thing to do. Adam's clearly a bit of a headcase, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching him celebrate like a maniac after the equaliser.
Given our injury issues, and the fact Arbroath I'm relatively pleased. We're going to need some miracle healing during the week to get a decent squad together for next weekend though. 

I thought it was a dive and therefore certainly not a penalty. Although I thought Adam was lucky to get away with the push, which is what I thought was worthy of a penalty. Again, it's all about opinions.

11 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I kinda remember an Arbroath player throwing himself down to the ground but I'm not even sure it was in the box it was that bad a dive. Should've been a booking for diving all day...

The 2 league one teams we've seen at the rock have been organised and have played at tempo. Both have closed down quickly and aggressively and you can tell the Sons players who are taking a bit of time to adjust to that. A team that's well organised and plays with commitment with always have a chance in this division. We might have a cracking team on paper but we need to be a bit wiser to the way teams are playing against us. We switched off for the Arbroath goal and gave them acres of space to run into. It was a good run and a decent finish but the keeper needs to do better for it.

We had a flat spell for probably the middle hour of the game. We started well enough and fought strongly at the end to get the equaliser. We can't afford to play for less than 90 minutes because teams in this league will punish that. If we're not matching the tempo and effort of opponents for 90 minutes then we will be left trying to rescue results too often.

Nobody was a major stand out but it was good to see Thomson get man of the match for a decent shift filling in at right back. He did well and he was as deserving as anybody in a sons jersey.  I think that despite us looking good on paper, there are 4 or 5 sides who will make a right good go of things and what we have in skill compared to the others we possibly lack in intensity. We were at our best in the championship when we played at a high tempo and didn't let teams settle and dictate the game. So far that's what Forfar and Arbroath have done to us.

If we can take the positives out of today then it'll be our equaliser and the fight we put in to tie the game. More of that dig earlier in the game would have been welcome and we need to put in a performance for the whole 90 minutes but the fight shown at the end should help avoid heads dropping. It's early in the season and we need guys to be playing with a bit of belief. If we can get a couple of wins, or even 4 points, from the next 2 games then we come home for the Montrose game with a bit of a buzz. It would be great if we could get a bit of positivity around the club. The fans are trying with the work that the volunteers have done in and around the ground and the changes to match day and the new board is as open and constructive as any in Scottish football. We just need the football side of things to fall into place and generate something that fans can really get behind.

Archived