Brown on Naismith - compliance officer?

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

If you think Morelos' one was a red then surely you'll agree that McGinn's 'tackle' on Coulibaly should have been a straight red too. No real attempt to play the ball and he actually hits with serious/dangerous force which makes it a more obvious red.

Are we playing whataboutery here? This is a common trick amongst the OF. When pulled up about their player they automatically claim some other unrelated incident is an equivalent.

You asked me about Morelos, I replied. Your reply? To mention some incident in another game against another team.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

Buddist Monk seems to think that because a Rangers fan started the thread it shouldn't be highlighted. A bizarre argument.

Completely and utterly wrong, if you had actually taken the time to read my comments on here you would know that you have just lied. Please stop lying.

2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Are we playing whataboutery here? This is a common trick amongst the OF. When pulled up about their player they automatically claim some other unrelated incident is an equivalent.

You asked me about Morelos, I replied. Your reply? To mention some incident in another game against another team.

That's not whataboutery. I'm comparing tackles and asking for your opinion. Not bringing up something totally unrelated to avoid discussion.

Not at all clear from that that it was an elbow.  Definitely lifts his arm and if i had to guess, it probably is. I guess the proper footage doesn't go fuzzy at the crucial moment though. 

The original exchange is classic whataboutery though. 

FAO Hearts fans: Scott Brown being a thug doesn't make your thugs more acceptable.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Funny, id say theres a section of Scottish football permanently wound up regarding rangers, if matchday threads online and other social media are anything to go by the rest of scottish football cry about every single fucking thing regarding rangers 

I spend a lot of time laughing like f**k at Rangers tbh.

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

That's not whataboutery. I'm comparing tackles and asking for your opinion. Not bringing up something totally unrelated to avoid discussion.

Except that the Morelos incident wasn't a tackle, it was a kick out at an opponent (in retaliation) when the ball was nowhere nearby!!

Can someone tell MitchMcewan that:

“A stamp is a small piece of paper that is purchased and displayed on an item of mail as evidence of payment of postage. Typically, stamps are printed on special custom-made paper, show a national designation and a denomination (value) on the front, and have an adhesive gum on the back or are self-adhesive.”

2 minutes ago, weebud said:

Except that the Morelos incident wasn't a tackle, it was a kick out at an opponent (in retaliation) when the ball was nowhere nearby!!

Neither was the McGinn 'tackle'. Clearly doesn't even try to go for the ball and hits with a lot more force.

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

I actually have to apologise to you here, you replied to my reply to another poster, and I thought you were that original poster. If I was happy to pull you up about bullshit earlier, then I have correct myself when I make an error.

However it's still a bit of whataboutery. The topic was Saints fans complaining about Morelos being played in the St Mirren/Rangers game. I explained why that was and yet you feel you need to justify it by mentioning another game. Not only were Saints fans not complaining about that incident because it wasn't the St Mirren/Rangers game, it has no relevance to whether Morelos played for you yesterday.

Just now, Forest of Dean said:

Neither was the McGinn 'tackle'. Clearly doesn't even try to go for the ball and hits with a lot more force.

They were both challenging for about 30 yards before that, Rangers player cleverly stopped the ball and checked his run and McGinn fouled him....no arguments from me that it was a yellow card as it was a poor foul. Now tell me again, how was the Morelos incident a tackle??

Archived