James Fowler thinks Premiership = English League One, discuss...

Having watched a number of League One matches since moving down here, I'd say that his comments are relatively accurate. If we're talking primarily about the current quality of each Scottish Premiership team without the inflated finances which English football could provide, I'd say that Celtic would hold their own in the Premier League, Aberdeen/The Rangers/Hibs/Hearts would hold their own in the Championship, Kilmarnock/Motherwell/St. Johnstone would be competing near the top of League One, and the other teams could also hold their own in that league. It's a difficult comparison to make, however, as the styles are so different. There are decent English Championship players who would maybe struggle in our top-tier. There are decent Scottish Premiership players who would maybe struggle in League Two.

Doesn’t really deny that’s what he said, does he? Just saying “so far” doesn’t change the meaning.

From that, I’ve learned James Fowler is thick as shit, and plain wrong. Graham Carey is regarded as a star in League One. Plymouth Argyle were very successful with players who were miles off Premiership standard.

11 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

A little short? League One is a fucking abomination.

Correct, judging by the standard of some of the players Accies have signed from Leagues One & Two this summer.   Some are decent, some are absolute howlers.

It really is pointless.

Derek McInnes was spot on when he was asked about how Scottish football was viewed by Burnley/England when he said he really couldn’t careless.

This obsession with comparisons to another league are utterly futile.

Archived