Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell - League Cup quarter-final, 26/09/2018

Elixir

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Excluding the betfred groups) we've not had a cup draw where we were favourites for a few years and this is another one - I *think* it will be our 13th consecutive knockout game against top flight opposition so kind of business as usual.

Assuming squads and form stay the same until deep into next month, this is a tough draw but these types of games tend to take the pressure off us and lower the expectations of even the more excitable part of our support. As far as I'm concerned, a midweek game at (a nearly full?) Tynecastle is one to look forward to and not one to stress about.

Date confirmed as Wednesday, 26th September. Kick-off at 7.45pm.

Thankfully not on TV as expected, so should see a good crowd under the Tynecastle lights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How many do Motherwell reckon they'll bring through for this? About 1,500?

Should get over 15k in total, which is not too bad for a cup game given the bizarre indifference from fans before semi-finals and finals nowadays.

I’ve got my ticket as well, don’t fancy our chances much mind but Tynecastle is probably my favourite away ground and a cracking away day.

If it’s even half as good as the last time we played there in the cup we should be in for a cracker.

19 hours ago, Casagolda said:

I’ve got my ticket as well, don’t fancy our chances much mind but Tynecastle is probably my favourite away ground and a cracking away day.

If it’s even half as good as the last time we played there in the cup we should be in for a cracker.

Great jump after Porter's equaliser that was - I remember limping along Dalry Rd after going over the row in front.

Archived