c***s At Airports

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill be going long haul for the first time next week and just now it looks like the flight is about 75% empty with BA, is it acceptable to move seats one on the plan to stretch out? Im not playing £25 each way to choose a seat, especially when I'm going on my own.

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Ill be going long haul for the first time next week and just now it looks like the flight is about 75% empty with BA, is it acceptable to move seats one on the plan to stretch out? Im not playing £25 each way to choose a seat, especially when I'm going on my own.

You have to stay in your allocated seat for take off, it's to do with balancing weight, especially if you're a fat arse. You can usually go where you want after, but best to ask, and you might have to go back for landing.

Just now, welshbairn said:

You have to stay in your allocated seat for take off, it's to do with balancing weight, especially if you're a fat arse. You can usually go where you want after, but best to ask, and you might have to go back for landing.

Cheers, I think after 2 weeks living in the land of maple syrup the weight thing might be worse coming back!

3 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Cheers, I think after 2 weeks living in the land of maple syrup the weight thing might be worse coming back!

Think BA allow you to check in and choose a seat for free 24 hrs before the flight?* Canadian breakfasts are immense!

*Come to think of it that might be why it's showing all the free seats. Try pretend booking as many tickets as the website will allow, if the price jumps up it will tell you that the planes is quite full.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Think BA allow you to check in and choose a seat for free 24 hrs before the flight? Canadian breakfasts are immense!

Aye thats the plan to choose a seat probably go for an aisle seat hope no now chooses the inside seats 

Couple of complete thundertwats at Edinburgh airport security -

Canadian by the sound of it and as I'm stood at security point 1 they are at 2 and 3 and the pair of them can not comprehend that they are not allowed to take 4 filled plastic bags of liquids through. Had to have it explained twice in the time I was putting my stuff in the tray and STILL they didn't understand.

And a special mention to Eurowings for being absolute twats for boarding late then once we are all onboard coming on and telling us a tyre is fecked and its going to take an hour to repair. Cant beat  sitting on a plane for an hour going nowhere, why we couldn't wait in the terminal I don't know.

And a big c**t to the architect of Munich Airport - it took HOURS to get out of the bloody thing, even the train between buildings seems to have been designed to be as far away from everything as possible.

It was nice and quiet though.

DSC07288.JPG

15 minutes ago, drs said:

And a special mention to Eurowings for being absolute twats for boarding late then once we are all onboard coming on and telling us a tyre is fecked and its going to take an hour to repair. Cant beat  sitting on a plane for an hour going nowhere, why we couldn't wait in the terminal I don't know.

Gonna be a lot easier to jack it up without everyone sitting on board too.

21 minutes ago, drs said:

Ryanair did something similar to me a few weeks back. They had us at the Boarding gate (no facilities - just a room) before the plane had even arrived and then had us sitting on the plane for an hour and a half while they got something fixed.

I think after a flight is delayed by 2 hours some consumer rights kick in, and I assume once you are on the plane you don't have access to them so that's why they do it.

As you say, absolute twats.

22 minutes ago, drs said:

Spent 4 hours on the runway at Tenerife last year waiting for a slot with the French controllers on strike again. The route was only shaving Brittany, don't see why they couldn't have diverted into the Atlantic a few miles and come in via Cornwall. Missed my connection and the c***s at Gatwick upped the cheapest room to £400. Nipped down to Brighton and found one for £29 at the Britannia.

4 hours ago, drs said:

4 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Ryanair did something similar to me a few weeks back. They had us at the Boarding gate (no facilities - just a room) before the plane had even arrived and then had us sitting on the plane for an hour and a half while they got something fixed.

I think after a flight is delayed by 2 hours some consumer rights kick in, and I assume once you are on the plane you don't have access to them so that's why they do it.

As you say, absolute twats.

Was always led to believe the reason for that is so that the plane is boarded and ready to go as soon as the issue is fixed. Makes a bit of sense but it’s still annoying as f**k.

Ryanair are a bunch of c***s for asking everyone to queue half an hour before the plane has even landed though, as well as not bothering their arses to update the screens at the gate to say when a flight’s delayed.

36 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Was always led to believe the reason for that is so that the plane is boarded and ready to go as soon as the issue is fixed. Makes a bit of sense but it’s still annoying as f**k.

Ryanair are a bunch of c***s for asking everyone to queue half an hour before the plane has even landed though, as well as not bothering their arses to update the screens at the gate to say when a flight’s delayed.

They probably have to free up the gate for the next flight too. I agree that Ryanair are the absolute worst for it though, geriatrics perched on metal stairs with suitcases for up to an hour, c***s.

9 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I’ve got people coming to visit this week.
They got an 11 1/2 hour flight from London.

The thought of going through Heathrow and sitting on a flight that long with a bunch of c***s just for a 2 week holiday gives me the absolute boak.

I might be doing Heathrow to Auckland via Munich and LA for a two week holiday in February because it's the missus's 30th and she wants to spend it with her family. She's talking about making it a three week trip but I dunno if I can get the holidays.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I might be doing Heathrow to Auckland via Munich and LA for a two week holiday in February because it's the missus's 30th and she wants to spend it with her family. She's talking about making it a three week trip but I dunno if I can get the holidays.

Has she family in Munich and LA too? That's a weird route.

Archived