Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

53 minutes ago, adamntg said:

The idea that a man can literally become a woman and be entitled to be treated as such by the law. 

Edit : I’m aware that GRA itself didn’t specifically affect this.

So, nothing to do with the legislation the Scottish Parliament passed then?

What issues do you specifically have with the legislation which was passed?  

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Why do people get so triggered by men who want to identify as women or women who want to identify as men?

f**k knows. We're all just humans. If someone is physically or psychologically happier and healthier living their life outside of "norms" whatever the f**k they are, let them live that way. Honestly, you'd think the trans community was loaded from top to bottom with people wanting to get into spaces and places for voyeurism or worse. Someone would maybe want to provide comprehensive evidence of this and not just highlight the very occasional nutcase. If someone is going to be a threat to women, they'll manage it irrespective of dress code or formal statement of self-identification.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Why do people get so triggered by men who want to identify as women or women who want to identify as men?

Perhaps if they are women who want to use a changing room, or have intimate services given by a woman, not by a man who identifies as a woman?  Or maybe sportswomen who want to compete with other female sportswomen rather than men claiming that they are literally women, despite having all the physical advantages of being male?

Maybe women who have suffered sexual abuse at the hands of men and want to go to a Rape Crisis Centre staffed by females, not by men identifying as females?

Women who want to pretend to be men is a different issue; if they’re adults then crack on in my opinion.  

Why are so many men insistent that they know best what intelligent, feminist women should feel about the loss of sex based rights, and determined to frame these women as having suddenly turned into rabid right-wing extremists rather than consider that perhaps they know better how they feel than we men will ever do?

I couldn’t care less if a man wants to wear a dress, call himself Roxy and call himself a woman, that’s his own business.  I don’t expect the law to agree with him.

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Just reread the first half a dozen or so pages of this thread.

Radger the Badger

The Chlamydia Kid

Steve 55

Willie Miller's Moustache

The Kincardine

Pep

Banana 

Detournement 

Not the Pars

Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

All gone to the great Politics Forum in the sky.

Apologies, I left out Benjamin Nevis here as well.

31 minutes ago, HTG said:

f**k knows. We're all just humans. If someone is physically or psychologically happier and healthier living their life outside of "norms" whatever the f**k they are, let them live that way. Honestly, you'd think the trans community was loaded from top to bottom with people wanting to get into spaces and places for voyeurism or worse. Someone would maybe want to provide comprehensive evidence of this and not just highlight the very occasional nutcase. If someone is going to be a threat to women, they'll manage it irrespective of dress code or formal statement of self-identification.

Do you think transwomen should be able to compete in women’s sports?  Do you think they should go to female prisons?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It's always the former; the latter are very rarely acknowledged and are usually dismissed as confused lesbians on the rare occasions it ever happens. Trans man boxer Patricio Manuel has fought 4 times against cis men, and only lost once, but is entirely anonymous, whereas Imane Khelif is now a household name because a load of f**kwits rushed on to a discredited Russian organisation's allegations (conveniently coming directly after Khelif beat a Russian) because she doesn't match up to some sort of Western standard of femininity. 

See also: your man @adamntg's furious pile of dribble where trans men can just 'crack on'.  

Edited by carpetmonster

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It's always the former; the latter are very rarely acknowledged and are usually dismissed as confused lesbians on the rare occasions it ever happens. Trans man boxer Patricio Manuel has fought 4 times against cis men, and only lost once, but is entirely anonymous, whereas Imane Khelif is now a household name because a load of f**kwits rushed on to a discredited Russian organisation's allegations (conveniently coming directly after Khelif beat a Russian) because she doesn't match up to some sort of Western standard of femininity. 

See also: your man @adamntg's furious pile of dribble where trans men can just 'crack on'.  

I’m glad to be reminded of how quickly this debate descends to the bottom of the barrel.  Just a stream of personal abuse, I don’t believe anyone has made any attempt to address any point made, other than a dubious bit of whataboutery about boxing that seems to imply there’s no advantage to being a biological man!

But you guys carry on believing that the issue isn’t divisive and has played no part in losing the SNP support. 

Life is too short for me, I can’t be bothered going back to the mudslinging. 

6 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I’m glad to be reminded of how quickly this debate descends to the bottom of the barrel.  Just a stream of personal abuse, I don’t believe anyone has made any attempt to address any point made, other than a dubious bit of whataboutery about boxing that seems to imply there’s no advantage to being a biological man!

But you guys carry on believing that the issue isn’t divisive and has played no part in losing the SNP support. 

Life is too short for me, I can’t be bothered going back to the mudslinging. 

Yeah mate, with the best will in the world I'm just going to put you on ignore. Everything you've said is shite that I've seen a million times before - all you need to do is follow a trans person (in my case Katy Montgomerie) on Twitter and Elmo's algorithm will punt every raging transphobe under the sun at you, should you be daft enough to open the 'For You' tab. You all have the same 3 or 4 talking points, and then when they're refuted, you get AT LEAST (insert name of fascist) KNOWS WHAT A WOMAN IS!!!

The last poll I saw for...I can't remember if it was Scotland or the UK for 'what's a big important issue', trans folks scored 2%. There's some middle class Mumsnetters with not much else to do who've been radicalized by the UK press and a cadre of grifters looking to rinse them via crowdfunders. It's all terribly tedious, and you're right, life is too short. Bye. 

Edited by carpetmonster

16 hours ago, Cheese said:

Radger the Badger

The Chlamydia Kid

Steve 55

The Kincardine

Pep

Banana 

Detournement 

Not the Pars

Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

Some for reasons not entirely removed from those that lead to Salmond's downfall

18 hours ago, Cheese said:

Radger the Badger

The Chlamydia Kid

Steve 55

The Kincardine

Pep

Banana 

Detournement 

Not the Pars

Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

The Gender Thread took out many posters. Thinned the herd here somewhat.