Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

7 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Just been reading this thread. Out of interest do the people here debating this stuff think they know who all or some of the accusers were in the Salmond trial?

Weren't some of them "accidentally" identified by SM / MSM during or just after the trial ?

• 7 months later...

David Davis has used Parliamentary privilege to name Liz Lloyd as the person who leaked information about the investigation into Alex Salmond to the Daily Record.

https://archive.ph/2024.07.18-222150/https://www.thetimes.com/article/b046cf0e-7ce9-4f65-bc88-f4123b335523?shareToken=5171764605a2d5c50093cf7976be867b

I can’t keep track of what investigations are open into who, so unsure if anything will come of this.

As far as I am aware, the ongoing  investigation relates to alleged perjury by a prosecution witness or witnesses. 

This investigation has to be concluded one way or another before Salmond can bring a civil case against the Scottish Govt.

It's ridiculous that this is still dragging on.

Edited by lichtgilphead
To add "alleged"

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No surprise that Cherry is all over this.

Think is - why didn't she use Parliamentary privilege when she was an MP?

She's been asked that and claimed it was out of fear for her personal safety, adding David Davis is a man.

28 minutes ago, Rugster said:

She's been asked that and claimed it was out of fear for her personal safety, adding David Davis is a man.

The thing that's always struck me about Joanna Cherry is her reticence to speak out on account of being fragile and female. Right enough. 

19 minutes ago, Rugster said:

She’s an arsehole. 

She could maybe spend a bit of her new found free time looking for a legal route out of this voluntary union. I suspect she'll spend it hounding Nicola Sturgeon for her misdemeanours (Gender ID bill specifically but dressed up as something else). Sucking more air out of the independence case to compete with J K on hammering transgender people. 

On 07/12/2023 at 00:18, Fifes Elite Force said:

Just been reading this thread. Out of interest do the people here debating this stuff think they know who all or some of the accusers were in the Salmond trial?

Not a question of "think they know", but it being blindingly obvious, given away both before, during, and since the trial, and outright named in media that isn't subject to UK gagging laws.

Once more people are aware of precisely who the chief orchestrator of the Salmond witch-hunt is, and it's not anyone with the initials NS, and just how abominably they have behaved right from the very beginning of this fiasco, I think a few things will fall into place. I'll be astonished if it doesn't result in a prison sentence, because its the bare minimum they deserve.

• 1 month later...

There's a BBC documentary being shown this week about this, although Salmond has come out and said people shouldn't watch all of it because the BBC are institutionally biased against Scottish independence and turned it into a show about the "psychodrama of his feud with Sturgeon".  He's also criticised Humza Yousef had criticised Salmond for "abusing his power" - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gv10ey001o

One thing about all this is, I can't really work out what the major policy differences are between them.  Salmond and Alba criticise the self-ID stuff but that seems to be more a position of convenience for them.  The only real trigger for it all seems to be that Salmond felt 'betrayed' when he lost his Westminster seat in 2017 and that Sturgeon was annoyed when he started doing a show on Russia Today after he lost his seat.  

Edited by ICTChris

38 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

There's a BBC documentary being shown this week about this, although Salmond has come out and said people shouldn't watch all of it because the BBC are institutionally biased against Scottish independence and turned it into a show about the "psychodrama of his feud with Sturgeon".  He's also criticised Humza Yousef had criticised Salmond for "abusing his power" - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gv10ey001o

One thing about all this is, I can't really work out what the major policy differences are between them.  Salmond and Alba criticise the self-ID stuff but that seems to be more a position of convenience for them.  The only real trigger for it all seems to be that Salmond felt 'betrayed' when he lost his Westminster seat in 2017 and that Sturgeon was annoyed when he started doing a show on Russia Today after he lost his seat.  

I'd argue this is true of the Scottish independence movement as a whole. There's consensus that the tent must be kept as big as possible, that the net must be cast wide enough to catch every single potential independence voter. That requires things to be kept as vague as possible and for the aims of independence to be left undefined. This has created a political movement without politics, to an extent. I think that's why part of the movement has descended into soap opera-style, largely apolitical squabbling.