Queens v Ayr

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

As were none of the others making a c**t of themselves in our crowd on Saturday.

I know he’s your mate, but he can’t really complain if he’s banned etc. Just because he’s a fat, bald middle aged guy and he drunkenly fell over before he got to the players in comical fashion doesn’t mean his punshiment should be any different to if it was anyone else making a run for players/referee. Unfortunately saying “he’s a really nice guy” doesn’t really cut it as a defence.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I know he’s your mate, but he can’t really complain if he’s banned etc. Just because he’s a fat, bald middle aged guy and he drunkenly fell over before he got to the players in comical fashion doesn’t mean his punshiment should be any different to if it was anyone else making a run for players/referee. Unfortunately saying “he’s a really nice guy” doesn’t really cut it as a defence.

You appear to know more than me.

I don't really know why you've chosen that post to reply to.

12 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You appear to know more than me.

I don't really know why you've chosen that post to reply to.

Sorry I might have misread your earlier posts, I thought you said you knew him from home games and he was a good guy.

Chose that one as you seem to be suggesting that there were others in the crowd making a c**t of themselves, but none of them actually ran into the pitch in the direction of players and the referee so it doesn’t really equate.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Sorry I might have misread your earlier posts, I thought you said you knew him from home games and he was a good guy.

Chose that one as you seem to be suggesting that there were others in the crowd making a c**t of themselves, but none of them actually ran into the pitch in the direction of players and the referee so it doesn’t really equate.

I know thousands of people, that doesn't mean they're all my mate.

How do you know it doesn't equate, I was sitting in an area with a high number of woman and girls, I'm quite sure they felt more threatened than the ref or players ever did.

I think we all need to accept that it's changed days, not just in football but in life in general. Nowadays it's more of a crime to threaten someone on facebook or stagger aboot steamin on a fitba pitch than it is to violently assault and mug someone on the street.

There are the even bigger crimes of verbal abuse, racist chanting, sexist comments, sectarianism, homophobic comments etc, which ALL rank as more serious than actual physical assaults and violent repeat offenders.

People such as myself, while certainly not condoning any of the above, just find it very, very difficult to accept the logic in the current judicial system but I suppose we have no option, irrespective of how ridiculous some of the laws and punishments are for breaking said laws, we just have to adhere to them and just get on with it, whether we like it or not.

ps That's why I do most of my drinking in Poland nowadays as you can still enjoy a drink and a night out without fear of "offending" someone..........

57 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Half our support fits into that category, of course they're going to defend him.

I think we all need to accept that it's changed days, not just in football but in life in general. Nowadays it's more of a crime to threaten someone on facebook or stagger aboot steamin on a fitba pitch than it is to violently assault and mug someone on the street.
There are the even bigger crimes of verbal abuse, racist chanting, sexist comments, sectarianism, homophobic comments etc, which ALL rank as more serious than actual physical assaults and violent repeat offenders.

Really? I can't say I've ever known someone to get a 5 year sentence for calling someone else a w****r.

I know a lot of folk can't wait to be outraged about something nowadays but I'm pretty confident "verbal abuse" isn't treated more seriously than physical assault.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really? I can't say I've ever known someone to get a 5 year sentence for calling someone else a w****r.

I know a lot of folk can't wait to be outraged about something nowadays but I'm pretty confident "verbal abuse" isn't treated more seriously than physical assault.

I could name specific cases where it has but I'm not going to. 

Let's just say that the use of certain language will result in the recording of a "hate crime", which carries penalties far beyond the realms of sanity......

I could name specific cases where it has but I'm not going to. 
Let's just say that the use of certain language will result in the recording of a "hate crime", which carries penalties far beyond the realms of sanity......
A "hate crime" and verbal abuse are two entirely different things though. If verbal abuse carried a sentence I'd still be in the jail given the amount of times I've called an official "fucking hopeless". Prison would be full of football fans. I've never felt uncomfortable being in the company of other people shouting such things either.

If there was a black player/official on the pitch and someone abused him mentioning the colour of his skin rather than his actions then it's a completely different thing altogether and something I think I would challenge.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A "hate crime" and verbal abuse are two entirely different things though. If verbal abuse carried a sentence I'd still be in the jail given the amount of times I've called an official "fucking hopeless". Prison would be full of football fans. I've never felt uncomfortable being in the company of other people shouting such things either.

If there was a black player/official on the pitch and someone abused him mentioning the colour of his skin rather than his actions then it's a completely different thing altogether and something I think I would challenge.

So, would you rather be punched or verbally abused in a racist / homophobic manner etc ??

I'm not saying either are right (obviously), however I'd rather be verbally abused than someone sinking the nut in me etc, but maybe that's just me.

40 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I know thousands of people, that doesn't mean they're all my mate.

How do you know it doesn't equate, I was sitting in an area with a high number of woman and girls, I'm quite sure they felt more threatened than the ref or players ever did.

This is whataboutery. A man running on to a football pitch in the direction of players and more specifically the referee in a game where his team are being hammered and the ref has made some bad calls isn’t as bad as some drunks aggresively shouting (unless you saw genuine violence in amongst the support?).

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

People such as myself, while certainly not condoning any of the above, just find it very, very difficult to accept the logic in the current judicial system but I suppose we have no option, irrespective of how ridiculous some of the laws and punishments are for breaking said laws, we just have to adhere to them and just get on with it, whether we like it or not.

ps That's why I do most of my drinking in Poland nowadays as you can still enjoy a drink and a night out without fear of "offending" someone..........

This is a painful read, and complete bollocks.

So, would you rather be punched or verbally abused in a racist / homophobic manner etc ??
I'm not saying either are right (obviously), however I'd rather be verbally abused than someone sinking the nut in me etc, but maybe that's just me.
Being a white male, I don't think I have any comprehension of how it feels to be racially abused. I imagine it's not a very nice feeling being tormented due to the colour of your skin.

I've been verbally abused in my life plenty of times, be it at work or otherwise and I think it would be selfish and quite frankly wrong to say it's exactly the same as being racially abused.

I'd sooner be verbally assaulted than physically assaulted but racial abuse is a far worse thing than verbal. So I don't think I could give an honest answer as to what's worse to experience.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is whataboutery. A man running on to a football pitch in the direction of players and more specifically the referee in a game where his team are being hammered and the ref has made some bad calls isn’t as bad as some drunks aggresively shouting (unless you saw genuine violence in amongst the support?).

I think it was you that was partaking in whataboutery, there were plenty who commented on what should or shouldn't happen to him, I don't think I was one of them, then you make up the fact that I'm his mate.

Now you're judging what he might or might not have done if he hadn't fallen above the very heated verbal jousting that was going on very close to me, it didn't bother me but I was taking a keen interest in case it spread to my niece and the rest of her teammates.

16 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I think it was you that was partaking in whataboutery, there were plenty who commented on what should or shouldn't happen to him, I don't think I was one of them, then you make up the fact that I'm his mate.

Now you're judging what he might or might not have done if he hadn't fallen above the very heated verbal jousting that was going on very close to me, it didn't bother me but I was taking a keen interest in case it spread to my niece and the rest of her teammates.

I’m just sticking to the what the actual law is. I genuinely misread your posts, as I said, don’t take it so personally. I thought you said you were mates with him, clearly not.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m just sticking to the what the actual law is. I genuinely misread your posts, as I said, don’t take it so personally. I thought you said you were mates with him, clearly not.

You sound like a barrel of laughs to be around..................

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And I'm just sticking to which situation was more volatile, the person on the pitch actually didn't pose much of a threat to anyone(too blootered), those falling out near me could quite easily have escalated if there weren't others in the middle with calm heads(both parties appeared fairly sober in case anyone thinks drink was too blame), it was no big deal anyway.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You sound like a barrel of laughs to be around..................

And you sound like a complete yer da type who thinks that PC has gone mad and we should go back to the ‘good old days’ where you could casually call players bigoted phrases. 

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Being a white male, I don't think I have any comprehension of how it feels to be racially abused. I imagine it's not a very nice feeling being tormented due to the colour of your skin.

I've been verbally abused in my life plenty of times, be it at work or otherwise and I think it would be selfish and quite frankly wrong to say it's exactly the same as being racially abused.

I'd sooner be verbally assaulted than physically assaulted but racial abuse is a far worse thing than verbal. So I don't think I could give an honest answer as to what's worse to experience.

If a black person called me a white bas***d, then I'd much prefer that to him punching me, but then again I grew up in the 70's and 80's when men were real men...........

(I'm sure this will go down well, with many on here, hee, hee,hee).

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And you sound like a complete yer da type who thinks that PC has gone mad and we should go back to the ‘good old days’ where you could casually call players bigoted phrases. 

Trust me "sonny", it has.

Archived