Ayr vs Falkirk

Shankland vs....?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Ayr
    • Falkirk

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 07:34

8 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I would take a draw on Saturday tbh .

Why?

No disrespect to Falkirk, but based on what their fans are saying and the results they’ve had, this really needs to be a game we’re winning if we want to do anything this season other than just staying up.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

No disrespect to Ayr, but Falkirk travelling to Somerset expecting to lose shows how far we have fallen. It is mismanagement on a grand scale

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Why?

No disrespect to Falkirk, but based on what their fans are saying and the results they’ve had, this really needs to be a game we’re winning if we want to do anything this season other than just staying up.

Because falkirk must be due too win a game and a draw wouldn't be a disaster for both teams .

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Because falkirk must be due too win a game and a draw wouldn't be a disaster for both teams .

No such thing as being due to win a game, you get the results that you deserve.

We have not come close to deserving anything other than defeats this season.

17 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

No such thing as being due to win a game, you get the results that you deserve.

We have not come close to deserving anything other than defeats this season.

Mostly agree but Inverness robbed us.

Had our goal stood (still not sure why It didn't) I wouldn't have been surprised had we went on to win that game.

Had our goal stood (still not sure why It didn't) I wouldn't have been surprised had we went on to win that game.
I think performance wise, QotS is the only one you can really pick out as being an absolute humiliation. It was shite on a scale that got the reaction it deserved, which is rare. Other games have been two shite teams with us having spells of being the worse of the two (ICT, Partick) or simply being nowhere near as good which will happen to most clubs this season (County away)

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I think performance wise, QotS is the only one you can really pick out as being an absolute humiliation. It was shite on a scale that got the reaction it deserved, which is rare. Other games have been two shite teams with us having spells of being the worse of the two (ICT, Partick) or simply being nowhere near as good which will happen to most clubs this season (County away)

Maybe it's just QOS are absolutely superb as they totally destroyed us as well.

That match aside, Ayr were excellent against Thistle, excellent against Dundee and excellent against Dunfermline for about 65 minutes of the match.

The problem is it's a big jump scudding the pars 4-1 one week to getting scudded 5-0 by QOS the following week and as a supporter I don't even know how to work that one out.

The fact that we'd stuffed Dundee away and also totally bossed Thistle Home & Away just beforehand makes me think that the QOS match is the freak result rather than us just catching all the rest on a really bad day, but christ, who knows.............

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Maybe it's just QOS are absolutely superb as they totally destroyed us as well.

That match aside, Ayr were excellent against Thistle, excellent against Dundee and excellent against Dunfermline for about 65 minutes of the match.

The problem is it's a big jump scudding the pars 4-1 one week to getting scudded 5-0 by QOS the following week and as a supporter I don't even know how to work that one out.

The fact that we'd stuffed Dundee away and also totally bossed Thistle Home & Away just beforehand makes me think that the QOS match is the freak result rather than us just catching all the rest on a really bad day, but christ, who knows.............

It is entertaining though. Hoping for 9 goals on Saturday.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Players tend to be of a similar standard, with the exception of Ross County (Premiership level) & probably ourselves (shite, although I hope they prove me wrong). Therefore success depends heavily on tactical decisions and team selections, a successful formula will be difficult to counter using game management as players aren't particularly clued up or adaptable. Chosing the correct starting eleven is everything at this level.

35 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Mark Kerr

Actually, away back in the mists of time, (it might have been Mark Kerr’s debut for us), he scored a cracker of a goal late on to grab us a 3-3 draw at Somerset. Actually, it was so long ago, Ayr were in black and white.

38 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Actually, away back in the mists of time, (it might have been Mark Kerr’s debut for us), he scored a cracker of a goal late on to grab us a 3-3 draw at Somerset. Actually, it was so long ago, Ayr were in black and white.

I was there but I missed the goal

Archived