ICTFC v PTFC 15/09/18

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of progress this is probably the worst possible result.

The Club will see this as evidence that the team has fight in it, will say “oh well these things happen” for the penalties and think we were “a wee bit unlucky not to win”.

Pleased Doolan’s broken his duck officially. Otherwise there is nothing positive to take away from this.

30 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Why would that astonish you? If they were ever keen on sacking him, wouldn’t he have gone well before now?

Thistle directors have never been overly quick to sack managers over the time I’ve been a fan. The concern is this is 2004/05 Britton/Whyte/Campbell all over again. He needs to be sacked before we are in a relegation battle in 2 months time.

This wouldn't be a quick sacking. We have been sinking for 19 months now. He has  had a longer throw of the dice to turn it round than any other club in Britain would have allowed. I have always backed him but enough is enough

Though Partick actually started the better of the two teams but as soon as we got the first they completely crumbled. It was actually pretty remarkable to watch. They were truly dreadful until the end of the first half and you just knew that penalty was going to be missed as soon as it was given.

Despite that I still thought after we got the first we were playing some very nice stuff with some great passing in the opposition half, with Polworth being the best player in the park for the first 45.

Second half looked like we became complacent and thought the 3 goal lead was enough. Partick controlled the half without really doing much with the ball until the last 10 mins. We really should have went all out for the 4th after half time. That’s the last 2 games at home now we’ve conceded 2 goals after being clear in front and it really needs to be addressed.

Overall happy with the performance and despite being no where near our best, I hope, we have got the points on the board and we are top of the pile so it has been an excellent start to the season. Especially considering the way we started last year.

Roll on next week

Archived