Partick v Queens

So?
In common with plenty others, I wasn't particularly hopeful.  I was pleasantly surprised thereafter by a couple of results, but it's not looking great again. 
That's all.  Do I need to have confidently predicted glory, in order to be entitled to express disappointment?

You’ve never got anything positive to say about Queens. Honestly don’t know why you bother

Never mind , only 30 games to go .......

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nizzy said:
15 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:
Excellent. Safe to assume a couple of happy lads on their way back to Chez Niz? 8)

You bet. The wee fella's buying the beers.

Ah, the fruit hasn't fallen too far from the tree. Hopefully catch you lads at a couple of games. Home from AD before heading to Hong Kong. :whistle

23 minutes ago, Nizzy said:
2 hours ago, Dr Koop said:
Hmm, decisions decisions. Go out tonight or stay in and beat off to a photo of Blair Spittal?

Wait until you see the second goal. W*nk material for weeks.

I'm spent...

daffy_fapping.gif.ae4c299a1f86280d1146fe2dea573e94.gif

4 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Are we having a laugh with Brice Ntambwe? That guy looks like he's never set foot on a football pitch before.

Unbelievably bad.

Came on to take over from Banzo in the man-marking job on the QotS #11, his name escapes me. Job done.

He was also infinitely better than his horror show at Inverness.

Sometimes you have to be grateful for what you've got...

Would definitely take a point next week now.

I am sure GN would because that way the glass ceiling can remain intact.Draws are ok if the extent of the ambition is to avoid the Relegation Play Off.

I just wish we could get a Manager who could really install some real belief and desire.

We have seen this movie so often before - a really promising start looking like we could really kick on ........and well we all know the rest.

It is very early in the season but next week might just determine what end of the table we are going to play in.

We got a good early goal then Thistle had  a lot of the ball without really looking like they would score  then Marshall went to sleep goal .

We then got going again to score a good 2 nd goal but after that we thought the job was done.

Our defending after the 2nd goal was very poor we really just gave Thistle 2 goals .

Naysmith is a bit to blame hear as he changed Dykes with Harkins put Dykes out wide had Harkins through the middle Hatkins just can't play through the the middle think I could run past him .

2nd half we tryed hard but never looked like we would score 

A mental first half that neither team managed to really get under their control. Spittal was the difference between the two sides: for all the stick he gets (from myself included) he's been one of our tidier performers this season and it was good to see him show some effective attacking intent. 

Some serious flaws with the team are still on show though, no less our failure (or unwillingness) to sign a right back which will haunt us for the rest of the season. The amount of cheap goals being lost on Elliott's side is very worrying. 

I was worried about Archibald's substitutions and the usual intent to sit on a narrow lead for the last half hour, but for all that we didn't once string 4 passes together when Bannigan went off and the ball wasn't sticking up front, Queens were utterly toothless and were easily kept out. 

It's the third home win I've left wanting to give our team credit but most feelings of encouragement just now are coming, for the most part, from the realisation that this is a poor standard of league packed with shite teams. 

The defence look fine against most sides that game plan is  largely hoof it to a big lad in a 4-4-2. Today, Partick in that first half were one of the few sides this season that moved it very well  and quickly, exploited the fact our midfield is as fluid and open as it is. It was strange how Partick set themselves so deep when they have the quality to kill the game off.

We just weren’t at it, Dykes just looked like he was mentally not there with moves and linking play not happening and some of the worst touches from a footballer. Stirling’s tracking back is about as reliable as a Council building contractor, Harkins didn’t have a great day and for all the possession in the second half we didn’t create much with it. Would be curious to see how close that Harkins corner came to sneaking in.

Spent the whole game wondering who the big lad wearing number 14 was, as someone who is also a big bald bearded lump with minimal football skills I was curious how this guy was on the pitch. GGH indeed.

Storey is infuriating but did amazing to set up the Dools shot off the post. Elliot was a bit of a nightmare. Banzo strolled it, please stay fit! 

2 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Looking forward to Skyline Drifter’s insomnia curing explanation for why Queens ought in fact to have won this game.

Do you not have some insomnia curing politics to debate? Pot calls kettle black shock!

We losr because we deserved to lose albeit we might have got a point second half. Comprehensively outplayed first half though and maybe lucky only to be one down. Harkins had his poorest game for us and Stirling, after laying on the first, his worst of this season. We offered nothing wide until Frizzell came on. He was probably our best player after coming on and would be unlucky not to start next week.

Thistle played really well first half and despite not looking clever at the back, they didnt let their heads go down despite falling behind twice.  Fair play, better side won.

Archived