The Vaughan Derby: Sons v Raith

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Calm head on. 

That is the most disgraceful first half performance I've ever seen from a Sons team. There's nothing. No organisation, fight, game plan. Anything. Raith could bring me on at half-time and I'd stroll it.

Stevie can bemoan injuries, wins (or as it'll be today) playing full-time opponents with a new manager and facing the wind. It's all just excuses and nobody is interested any more. His signings haven't worked and he clearly doesn't have the players inside any more.

If we put in a moderately organised performance and lost out to a better Raith team then the excuses are valid. When you're putting in a showing like that in a single half it's evident you're out of your depth.

I really hope Stevie realises that this is over and does the right thing at full-time. He's murdering his own reputation above all else.

His reputation is one thing,but he is killing the club as is evidenced by the home support and folk leaving at HT or others  who simply stay away.A club like ours needs the fans and the support to grow.A lot of the good work in the past years is being undermined.

Aitken quite rightly hounded off at half time. Head down. He knows he's done.

Here's the stats for the single worst 1st half of football we've ever produced in my lifetime.20180929_154420.thumb.jpg.c5064e6fafd63ff2ec0bea9cee98dc5c.jpg

I agree he's done. He's been 'done' for a number of games now as far as I'm concerned, but I don't know if I believe he knows he's done. I hope he recognises it but I doubt it...

Calm head on. 
That is the most disgraceful first half performance I've ever seen from a Sons team. There's nothing. No organisation, fight, game plan. Anything. Raith could bring me on at half-time and I'd stroll it.
Stevie can bemoan injuries, wins (or as it'll be today) playing full-time opponents with a new manager and facing the wind. It's all just excuses and nobody is interested any more. His signings haven't worked and he clearly doesn't have the players inside any more.
If we put in a moderately organised performance and lost out to a better Raith team then the excuses are valid. When you're putting in a showing like that in a single half it's evident you're out of your depth.
I really hope Stevie realises that this is over and does the right thing at full-time. He's murdering his own reputation above all else.

Spot on. We're an absolute disgrace and that's not too strong a description. There's no fight. No desire. No organisation. And no support for the manager, off and importantly ON the park.

Aye but will he, I reckon the board will need to make the decision.

I reckon they will too. But it's actually got to the stage where we're so pathetic and downright awful, if they don't make the decision then they're culpable too.

This has been a shambles and it's been so for weeks now. A consolation makes not a jot of difference. Blow the whistle now and then the board can do their thing.

Archived