Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Club Statement

At a Board meeting of Berwick Rangers PLC on 27th July 2018, a decision has been taken tonight to remove the Chairmanship from Len Eyre.

Following several incidents over recent months, the majority of the Board found it had no confidence that Mr Eyre could provide the leadership we require for the future.

The club would like to thank Len for all his work during his time as Chairman.

Our Vice Chairman will act up as Chairman in the interim, to allow the Club to continue to function normally.

I'd love to know what those incidents were.
I hope that's rhetorical...[emoji51] I'd love to know who the new chairman will be. One must believe that this is part of a strategic plan to install a new driving force for the betterment of our club. He says. Optimistically....

14 minutes ago, A Believer said:

I hope that's rhetorical...emoji51.png I'd love to know who the new chairman will be. One must believe that this is part of a strategic plan to install a new driving force for the betterment of our club. He says. Optimistically....

Behave yourself... it is common knowledge around Berwick that Moray McLaren is trying to take over!! Coo coo... or indeed Coup coup!! 8)

We clearly need a goalscorer, but I was far more impressed today. We looked more comfortable at the back and Brown made a difference in midfield. Unlucky not to score in the first half when we hit the woodwork.

This League Cup campaign has been brutal and is no preparation for the season.

Behave yourself... it is common knowledge around Berwick that Moray McLaren is trying to take over!! Coo coo... or indeed Coup coup!! 8)
I know that now my dear pidge, but am just too far outside the hinterland to have heard then. I honestly truly hope this is a bright new beginning.

"Our Vice Chairman will act up as Chairman in the interim, to allow the Club to continue to to function normally"

Surely the most farcical statement ever to emerge from the Shielfield boardroom!!

This football club is being taken on a journey to oblivion. It's time the major shareholders added some of our dysfunctional, deluded and devious directors to the list of hoy oots before the sheep are grazing the Shielfield turf.

Really failing to understand what’s going on here, 3 directors resign and it’s a good day?  So we now have the supporters club rep, the trust rep, a deposed chairman and Moray ‘missing’  McLaren. You’ll have to explain why you  feel it’s so good. Two days till kick off ffs 

8 hours ago, dougster said:

Really failing to understand what’s going on here, 3 directors resign and it’s a good day?  So we now have the supporters club rep, the trust rep, a deposed chairman and Moray ‘missing’  McLaren. You’ll have to explain why you  feel it’s so good. Two days till kick off ffs 

The 3 directors that have left were seen to be operating as a board within a board and leading the club into obliviation.

One a sheep farmer another that works in PR were turning up at training and criticising  the coaching. They are nicely qualified to do this.

Other ludicrous decisions have been made by them, such as removal of the stair lift and over turning decisions when other directors have left the country, this caused major unrest in the town.

Their decision to leave has created vacancies on the board which will allow more able directors to be appointed and also bring harmony to the boardroom. This in itself should bring a lot more stability and guidance to the football club.

The disruption has helped bring the two main supporters groups together which will also benefit the club moving forward.

The management team may also feel a little more comfortable without big brother watching how they were training the players. 

Murray "missing" McLaren is the longest serving director on the board and invested a lot of time and money into the club. He has stepped forward with cash when the club have needed it most. He has also been responsible for finding previous shirt sponsors and bringing other revenue into the club through his business contacts. He's due a little more respect. 

3 down, 2 to go, then it's time to start looking to the future with a little more optimisim. 

Edited by Disc Potato

The club haven't released a statement on all this yet, have they? Curious to see what will be said.

And I agree, a bit of optimism for the mid to long term future is due; spaces have been freed up that will, hopefully, be filled by the right people to take the club forward.

When some organisation (The club, the SC, the ST) feels that this is all beginning to settle down, I hope we get a full explanation of what has happened and why it has happened, and crucially how it all bodes well for the future of our club. (Perhaps they could release the minutes of recent meetings in the Boardroom. That would be interesting.)

Bring on the Stirling and let Robbie and the boys prove that they at least can play as a team.

Edited by Redcar