Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

I wouldn’t be at all shocked if Robbie got fed up and walked tbh. He’s had no help whatsoever from the running joke that is the board, and could walk back into a decent junior outfit with his name intact. The truth is the level even in these leagues is way above junior. The set ups are getting closer but you still need to be at the races in the second division.
The board is the thing. Or rather,not the real thing. Who brings in finance at Berwick? Who truly actually puts money into our club.
Someone answer me that.
Robbie must pull his hair out,because he gets it. He cares. If the directors actually did some serious work to support him,instead propping up the bar at away matches,we may actually be taken seriously.

1 hour ago, sammyreidloyal said:

I wouldn’t be at all shocked if Robbie got fed up and walked tbh. He’s had no help whatsoever from the running joke that is the board, and could walk back into a decent junior outfit with his name intact. The truth is the level even in these leagues is way above junior. The set ups are getting closer but you still need to be at the races in the second division.
The board is the thing. Or rather,not the real thing. Who brings in finance at Berwick? Who truly actually puts money into our club.
Someone answer me that.
Robbie must pull his hair out,because he gets it. He cares. If the directors actually did some serious work to support him,instead propping up the bar at away matches,we may actually be taken seriously.

What he said ^^^^^^^

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:52, Redcar said:

I'd only add that we are all (fairly) talking about signing strikers, but first we need to sort out the way the team defends in all areas of the pitch. We just leak goals and chances. I'd open the cheque book and make offers they can't refuse to Kerr Young and Dean Brett

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:53, Redcar said:

And Lee Currie.

It's catastrophic at both ends of the pitch.

Scored just 1 goal in 8 competitive games to date - in preseason we only managed, what, 1 consolation strike at Alloa plus 2 at Civil Service Strollers?

Equally we've shipped 21 goals in those 8 games - and you could add another dozen or so from preseason.

Also while it's tempting to pick a decent non-league side, and want to sign-up several of their players, we're struggling in that market currently. Presumably a reason we signed 3 from Musselburgh, who won the now defunct East Junior 2nd tier? Bonnyrigg won the level above and have ambitions of progressing in the Scottish Cup, winning their EOSL conference, and getting promotion to LL. They'll be paying good wages plus are winning games which is more enjoyable.

I've sympathy with Horn here. Some think his non-league spell means he must know lots of hidden gems but everyone has a price and you need to be sure they'll last SPFL2 tempo/fitness too.

Edited by HibeeJibee

http://berwickrangers.com/club-news/

Club News

The Directors, Management and Players of Berwick Rangers FC share the disappointment of Saturday’s result against Cowdenbeath and wish to apologise to travelling fans for a performance well below what was expected.

We’re all fully committed to getting things right on and off the field, and ask for patience and support whilst we do so.

Decisions made by the then Board at the close of last season severely impacted the ability of the Manager to pursue his targets for strengthening the squad during the summer, and whilst we are working to provide more financial support, most of those targets are now committed to other clubs.

The lengthening of the transfer window has also meant that clubs from higher leagues have been slow to make decisions regarding loan arrangements.

The consequence is that we have a squad largely made up of younger players who have a desire to play for Berwick Rangers and a hunger to do well in professional football, and of the starting line-up on Saturday, only four players were over the age of 23.

We’d ask fans to be mindful of this, and give them every encouragement to develop in a supportive environment.

Your vocal and noisy support from the terraces is much appreciated and can make a huge difference, and we look forward to our next challenge against Annan Athletic at Shielfield this Saturday.

Thank you.

A first look at the reserves tomorrow night in competitive SPFL action. I hope a few people turn out to support the youngsters. I think a few will be surprised at the skill, pace and passion we have in this group. 8pm kick-off at Shielfield v Albion Rovers.

I'm doing a little collab with the club where current squad members pose in shirts from years past, get a bit of nostalgia going and all.

Dom the media lad is still looking for more shirts to include, so if you have a top you'd like to see featured, let the club know

https://twitter.com/OfficialBRFC/status/1041398551023181824

1 minute ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

We're absolutely shite but don't worry, our kit obsessed media manager is sorting out a big old kit w**k campaign. Great work!

Ah ffs lad, what do you want him to do instead? Take over first team training or replace Brennan in goal?

Things might not be ideal on the pitch, but that doesn't mean you can do something fun for social media and fan outreach.