Ross County vs Ayr - Top of the Table Clash

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Think it's fair to say County are not going to provide very good odds in any league game.

A wee bit short in my opinion, Evens would be my shout.

11 hours ago, Iain said:

Ha! I'd refer you to my short lived but popular political podcast www.apoliticalpodcast.com for such things. No satire, unless you think Tom Harris' entire career has been performance art.

I do.  I do.

12 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

A real shame Gardyne’s injured, this is the best form I’ve seen in a few years from him. Hopefully DKD takes his chance.

Only issue with DKD in a game like this is he's still not got the defensive discipline to follow his man/track back consistently. On his day, he's a match winner but his positioning can be exploited by the better teams in this league.

Random question. Does the team travel up on the day of the game for this? Or stay in a hotel in Inverness?

Going by Shankland and McDaids instagram they are travelling today.

At this level I think every team will travel on match day unless it’s midweek.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Going by Shankland and McDaids instagram they are travelling today.

At this level I think every team will travel on match day unless it’s midweek.

Famously, Ian McCall once called Ross County a "tinpot club", and demanded we pay Airdrie's expenses,  after a game was called off on a Saturday morning, after his Airdrie team had travelled up on the Friday.  This was around about the time he was suspended as a manager, so named himself on the bench to circumvent it - and got sent off from the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Famously, Ian McCall once called Ross County a "tinpot club", and demanded we pay Airdrie's expenses,  after a game was called off on a Saturday morning, after his Airdrie team had travelled up on the Friday.  This was around about the time he was suspended as a manager, so named himself on the bench to circumvent it - and got sent off from the bench. 

That Ian McCall doesn't attend Ayr matches.

Sounds like some serious spice has just been sprinkled on an already hot fixture

If it ends up being us and Ross County going for the league then it’ll end up being the most mild mannered rivalry between the fans ever. We’ve been far too nice to each other on here.

Mind you, you’re far more likeable than that Raith lot.

8 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Sounds like some serious spice has just been sprinkled on an already hot fixture

The atmosphere promises to be luke warm.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If it ends up being us and Ross County going for the league then it’ll end up being the most mild mannered rivalry between the fans ever. We’ve been far too nice to each other on here.

I invite you to read any Hearts or Hibs match day thread.  Lordy.

Seriously though, if one good thing has come from relegation, it's the change of forums (although I appreciate that our managers probably don't share that feeling).  It's an altogether better class of rivalry in the Championship forum.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That's because we have class. 

Archived