Next Month face Albiana and Isarel

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendry and Fraser can play at right back as well. Fraser would be wasted there and haven't been impressed with Paterson at right back or Hendry generally so it's not a great situation no matter who starts there.

If we start with a right back at all obviously.

So if every single one of these players who was called up, and has now dropped out, what the f**k have they been doing?  What are we doing now the camp's met up that is leading to everyone getting injured?

I'd like to think there's no skullduggery involved, but it's getting a bit ridiculous now.

I’ve probably missed a few, but here’s a list of players who are unavailable for these two matches:

Jon McGlaughlin - choosing to play for Sunderland
Craig Gordon - injured
Michael Devlin - injured
Kieran Tierney - injured
Charlie Mulgrew - injured
Alan Hutton - retired
Stephen O’Donnell - injured
John Souttar - injured
Christophe Berra - injured
Grant Hanley - injured
Phil Bardsley - unavailable
Liam Cooper - unavailable
Scott Brown - retired/injured
James McArthur - retired
Ryan Jack - injured
Kevin McDonald - injured
John McGinn - injured
Tom Cairney - unavailable
Robert Snodgrass - unavailable
Matt Ritchie - unavailable
Kenny McLean - injured
Jamie Murphy - injured
Steven Naismith - injured
Leigh Griffiths - unavailable

Hutton and Brown obviously retired a while ago but would still easily be in this squad, and Bardsley/Cooper I’m working on a bit of assumption - everyone else has been in a squad in the past year.

Seven players making themselves unavailable, two retirals and fifteen (!) injuries. 24 players in all.

Good grief.

Cooper’s not unavailable. McLeish just doesn’t pick him.

I think it's pretty clear that a good number of the players have seen the coming disaster and are distancing themselves from it.

I can't even imagine the complete horror that training and team meetings must be. The closest I can picture is the deeply disturbing footage the crew find in Event Horizon that shows the original crew being tortured in hell.

We are approaching our very own event horizon.

34 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

So you don't think Tierney has an injury but is actually lying just to make McLeish's position less tenable?

Are you saying that's garbage and not at all possible? Seems strange how all these healthy fit players have been fine until this week where they have picked up knocks forcing them out, yep defo not possible they've got the f**k out of that mess!

10 minutes ago, forameus said:

It's like that shit film The Happening, only it's not the trees getting people to kill themselves, it's Alex McLeish calling them up to the Scotland squad.

Think Mark Wahlberg fancies the Scotland job?

We've already got one racist in Malky, don't need another one in the manager too.

Guest DAVIDB69
I get the feeling that Snodgrass, and others, are so focused on their club careers that they don't even realise what the Nations League is. I also get the impression that some took the huff when Strachan was sacked and found this even harder to swallow when McLeish was appointed. 

Whatever the case, Snoddy isn't sufficiently interested  in helping Scotland qualify for the Euros. I find that hard to swallow. 

There is some truth strachan allowed a lot of the dads army regulars , to pick and choose their games , he admitted this recently

By all accounts, Bates has been totally horrific in the German 2nd division and Paterson is pretty horrendous when played at Right Back. I fully appreciate that McLeish hasn't had the best of fortune with call offs, however i have serious worries about the direction we're heading with call ups and team selections.

Archived