Pyramid 2019/2020

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

I notice ww are now in the Scottish Cup prelims obviously due to relegation,are the HFL clubs safeguarded regarding the Scottish Cup then given they have no relegation  ?

If so this is major anomaly for the pyramid system surely  :blink:

Screenshot_20190629-054134_Drive.jpg

It doesn't matter where you were its where you are now. Thats why you start in the preliminary round. As Highland League has no tier 6 clubs they won't be in the preliminary round.

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Highland League and Lowland League are both at the same tier. It can hardly be a surprise that they enter at the same stage?

The only difference I would see is that the top 16 in each enter at the First Round. Since the Highland has usually had extra teams while the Lowland is fixed at 16. That'd be under the current format of course. Who knows how the SFA might reformat the early rounds of the competition with more clubs getting licensed.

10 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It doesn't matter where you were its where you are now. Thats why you start in the preliminary round. As Highland League has no tier 6 clubs they won't be in the preliminary round.

Aye I know that,it's no all about my club  here,surely that makes any LL relegated side at a disadvantage wi bottom HFL safeguarded to round 1  ?

The prelims are only gonnae get bigger in the South as well.

Am I missing something here  ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

20 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye I know that,it's no all about my club  here,surely that makes any LL relegated side at a disadvantage wi bottom HFL safeguarded to round 1  ?

The prelims are only gonnae get bigger in the South as well.

Am I missing something here  ? 

YEs rome wasn't built in a day. IF they can't get someone to take their 18th slot what chance have they got at having leagues below to go to.

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

YEs rome wasn't built in a day. IF they can't get someone to take their 18th slot what chance have they got at having leagues below to go to.

Big advantage in pennies and chance of getting through another round if you are from the Northern half of the pyramid  though Alan  ? 

That surely needs looked at from a LL point of view ?

Edited by newcastle broon

36 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Big advantage in pennies and chance of getting through another round if you are from the Northern half of the pyramid  though Alan  ? 

2016-17 Prize Money

PR1: £2000
PR2: £2000
R1: £2000
R2: £4000
R3: £6000
R4: £9000
R5: £12000
R6: £15000
SF: £18000
Runner up: £30000
Winner: £60000

2017-18 Prize Money

PR1: £3000
PR2: £3000
R1: £4000
R2: £5000
Runner Up: £30000

2016-17    Fort William                 First Round    First Round
                     Rothes                           First Round    First Round
2017-18    Fort William                 First Round    First Round
                     Strathspey Thistle    First Round    First Round
2018-19    Strathspey Thistle    First Round    First Round
                     Fort William                 First Round    First Round

Not really a big advantage in terms of pennies and the 17th and 18th teams in the Highland League have yet to take advantage of starting in the First Round since Highland & Lowland Leagues were guaranteed First Round entry.

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

2016-17 Prize Money

PR1: £2000
PR2: £2000
R1: £2000
R2: £4000
Runner up: £30000

2017-18 Prize Money

PR1: £3000
PR2: £3000
R1: £4000
R2: £5000
Runner Up: £30000

2016-17    Fort William                 First Round    First Round
                     Rothes                           First Round    First Round
2017-18    Fort William                 First Round    First Round
                     Strathspey Thistle    First Round    First Round
2018-19    Strathspey Thistle    First Round    First Round
                     Fort William                 First Round    First Round

Not really a big advantage in terms of pennies and the 17th and 18th teams in the Highland League have yet to take advantage of starting in the First Round since Highland & Lowland Leagues were guaranteed First Round entry.

Is that a 7k difference (does it accumulate each round)  from being knocked out in the 1st prelim 3k  to round 1 4k on the 17/18 figures  though and the chance of an extra 5k for getting into round 2 (one game) ? 

If correct I'd say that's quite a bit of an advantage at that level  ? 

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Is that a 7k difference (does it accumulate each round)  from being knocked out in the 1st prelim 3k  to round 1 4k on the 17/18 figures  though and the chance of an extra 5k for getting into round 2 (one game) ? 

If correct I'd say that's quite a bit of an advantage at that level  ? 

Based on the 2017-18 figures 

A team loses at the round they enter.

17th or 18th in HFL R1 = £4000. Tier 6 or below PR1 or PR2 = £3000

difference of £1000

Win round you enter and lose in the next

17th or 18th in HFL R1 & R2 = £9000. Tier 6 or below PR1 & PR2 = £6000 or PR2 & R1 = £7000

Difference of either £2000/£3000.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Based on the 2017-18 figures 

A team loses at the round they enter.

17th or 18th in HFL R1 = £4000. Tier 6 or below PR1 or PR2 = £3000

difference of £1000

Win round you enter and lose in the next

17th or 18th in HFL R1 & R2 = £9000. Tier 6 or below PR1 & PR2 = £6000 or PR2 & R1 = £7000

Difference of either £2000/£3000.

That might still be a few quid to some clubs though  ? 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

It is being looked at but you can't force people to go. Are you going to suggest moving Fife and perth to highland league 

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

That might still be a few quid to some clubs though  ? 

For 3 years it was the difference of 2 clubs in the North of the pyramid that were advantaged in a further round. For the first season of that the prize money was the same for entering the First Round and the preliminary rounds.

This year it's the difference of 1 club since the HFL is at 17 while the Lowland is at 16.

Nobody knows yet what the formatting changes might see going forward.

25 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It is being looked at but you can't force people to go. Are you going to suggest moving Fife and perth to highland league 

Wasnt forcing anything was just stating a wee fact aboot the great north south divide in the Scottish Cup that I thought was worth mentioning  ? 

26 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For 3 years it was the difference of 2 clubs in the North of the pyramid that were advantaged in a further round. For the first season of that the prize money was the same for entering the First Round and the preliminary rounds.

This year it's the difference of 1 club since the HFL is at 17 while the Lowland is at 16.

Nobody knows yet what the formatting changes might see going forward.

Ok fair enough al get doon off my soap box now :lol::thumsup2

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

And you still need to get a set of lights up for this to even be a relevant issue for you after June of next year, so maybe that should be the main focus for WW people at the moment? Very much hope you do manage it, BTW.

1) I did mention floodlights on the ww thread 

2) I'm sure it is high up as the main focus for the people and  committee of ww and 

3) I also mentioned it wasnt a ww issue but a LL one in general as the relegated club as it stands would need 2 rounds to get to round 1 which is kinda different from the HFL, this giving oot unfair amounts of money in favour of the HFL but FWF covered it! 

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

It's not really a new stance for them. It's basically what they've been saying since the moves to the EoS back in early 2018. We want to remain Junior but everything's moving around us so we'll make the best of it

March 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43574188

"The likelihood is that junior football will move into the pyramid system, and we will move to achieve that entry level and possibly higher.

"Because if we're in there we want to do as well as we possibly can. Although we've no ambitions to do it, if we're going to be going in there we'll be doing as best as we can, and that means our facilities as well.

July 2019

• 1 month later...