The Binos v The Spiders Scottish Cup

rhliston

This Saturday it’s the start of the Scottish Cup for the Binos when we face Queens Park.

Don’t know what to make of this game, the Binos without a manager go into this game in poor form and I can see us struggle to get past Queens.

Just hope for the best and we can progress into the next round.

Prediction Binos 1 Spiders 0. [emoji120]

We were absolutely dreadful in the league game at Forthbank. Created absolutely nothing and lost a terrible goal. I don’t think we can play that badly again and we’ve shown signs in the past couple of weeks that we’re maybe finding something.

Roberts’ first proper game for me. Win or lose, I refuse to treat competitive games against boys clubs with anything other than derision, albeit it hopefully boosted confidence for our shot shy attack.

Take it we’ll all be in the one stand again? Steward said they were told to expect 80 of us last time and there was probably around double that. Main thing is being in the next round, whether it takes one bite at the cherry or two. Expecting a tight game.

Still in two cups and it's well into October; halcyon days!

Irrespective of last week's opposition - full timers with a Premier club, let's not forget - we played well and 4 scoring goals has surely boosted the confidence. We do look like a side that have goals in them.
Very encouraging to have guys that can come off the bench and make an impact.

We were dire at Forthbank last time. This time, I'd go for a 2-0 win for the mighty QP.

Have almost resigned myself to losing this one. Poor year/season, so exiting SC will not create a big panic.

On a positive, against QP we huffed ,puffed and muscled a result.  We still have a decent squad, so for this game players have to believe in their ability,

1 hour ago, Dumb yatt said:

Have almost resigned myself to losing this one. Poor year/season, so exiting SC will not create a big panic.

On a positive, against QP we huffed ,puffed and muscled a result.  We still have a decent squad, so for this game players have to believe in their ability,

That's my abiding memeory of it, bullied to defeat. Haven't seen it since or much of the rest of the season so I'm hopeful that was just a bad day. We've had some poor results with generally decent performances. That was the one day where nothing went right. Lot of confidence picked up from our last 2 games.

Game of 2 half`s in the 1st we were a shambles, simply cannot defend, the 2 goals we lost were terrible. 

2nd half at least we made a fight of it and managed to claw back to 2-1 but then we get a penalty in the closing minutes but would you believe we miss it. 

Just hope whoever takes over at Forthbank, was not at the game today. If they were might be thinking it was a bad decision to put their name forward for the job.

You didn’t miss. Our keeper saved it.

Delighted to have won and progressed but it was closer than it should have been. Cruising at half-time we simply gave the ball away too much with long passes in the second. Defence had a good workout though.

Still lots to learn for these youngsters but as long as we are winning they’ll improve quicker.

Gerry’s wonder strike early contender for goal of the season.

Incredibly comfortable first half. Didn’t think Stirling ever imposed themselves on the game and think our first half showing made us deserving of the win.

Didn’t look a penalty from where I was, but credit to Jordan Hart for the save. A very good win for us and a winnable away game next week, but every QP fan knows what sometimes happens in games we’re favourites to win. We’ve set a standard in terms of work rate and getting the job done against Clyde and Stirling and we’ll need that again next week.

Well done Marko and the lads.

Archived