Hearts vs Hibs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You want convictions without corroboration of evidence ? Why even bother with trials then ?

I don’t know what you mean. Have you mistaken me for Kenny MacAskill or is it your position that the current Lennon assault incident is uncorroborated or the previous?

A "furious" Neil Lennon has been expanding on the ugly incidents that marred the Edinburgh derby.

“People will say I was winding the crowd up," he told BBC Scotland. "I wasn’t. I was just giving a bit back for the abuse I was taking for 90 minutes.

“But people say Neil Lennon brings it on himself, he deserves to get hit by a coin or whatever.The guy must have a few quid because it was a pound coin. I am looking forward to him getting singled out, and if it is a lady, meeting them face to face and seeing what they have to say for themselves.

“I am not having this. I have had it here before, a guy coming on to the pitch trying to attack me. It is just not on.

“It stung me; it is quite sore. I don’t know where he has thrown it from, but it is a good shot. He might get in the World Match-Play (darts) next year. It came out of nowhere. I am furious about it to be honest.”

Lennon was equally damning about the incident which saw Hearts keeper Bobby Zlamal apparently punched by a supporter.

“If any Hibs fans have been misbehaving, I want them punished as well," he added. "It is unacceptable. I hope they are singled out, banned and arrested. We don't condone that. It isn't the face of our club or way we conduct ourselves. A player getting punched trying to do his job is just an absolute disgrace. He is not a Hibs fan."

Lennon is spot on here IMO.

Football was brutal but that was the best atmosphere at a derby in a while (barring the idiots which I'll cover). Both fans going absolutely mental for every decision is exactly what the derby is all about, shame the last minute goal was disallowed as it was poised for absolute scenes. Watched it back and still not sure why it was disallowed. 

Shane about the idiots in both sets of supports, if you're going to dish it out to players then you've got to be prepared when they have a go back without being a dick and chucking a punch or a coin. Don't get the amount of Union Jack's/NI flags in the Hearts support and tricolours in the Hibs support, get those fans to f**k.

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Stopped reading the thread after a few folk said Lennon brought it on himself to post so apologies if this has been covered, but what utter fucking nonsense. Lennon, who has no doubt been called a ****** b*****d all game, turning round and doing some mild goading over a disallowed goal which isn’t even that an emotive moment in football, does no way mean he ‘brought it on himself.’ The nonces saying that are probably the same folk that run crying to a steward when a player they’ve been abusing all game gives them a mouthful back. 

Lennon (and Levein tbf) are two top boys. Chucking a coin cause you’re angry at the football is total weirdo behaviour. 

Your argument loses much of its credibility when you start calling folk nonces.

I know you shouldn't be throwing coins (or anything) but if you are going to act like a knob the way Lennon did you have to expect some kind of grief to come back.  Hope Hearts get a massive fine and Lennon gets a ban for the goading.

How was it acting like a knob? It's a game of football ffs.

All part of the drama, what Lennon done wasn't crossing the line in any way whatsoever.

He'll have stood there taking awful abuse all night. To have a laugh and tell the Hearts fans to sit down after a disallowed goal is f**k all. Fans piss me off, can't take even the smallest of wind ups from a person they'll have shouted awful abuse at all night. Players and fans should have every right to give a bit back to the fans, within reason obviously.

f**k all should happen to Lennon. Hearts shouldn't be fined either how can they do anything about that, same with Hibs and the keeper. Both clubs should just do their best to find and ban the people that threw the coin/hit the keeper. Call it a day at that.

3 minutes ago, Wallace Mercer said:

Hearts missing 5 of their best players and still totally dominate Hibs strongest 11. Would of been a cricket score if hearts didn’t have the reserves out

How the f**k would you know, you've been dead for years.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

How was it acting like a knob? It's a game of football ffs.

All part of the drama, what Lennon done wasn't crossing the line in any way whatsoever.

He'll have stood there taking awful abuse all night. To have a laugh and tell the Hearts fans to sit down after a disallowed goal is f**k all. Fans piss me off, can't take even the smallest of wind ups from a person they'll have shouted awful abuse at all night. Players and fans should have every right to give a bit back to the fans, within reason obviously.

f**k all should happen to Lennon. Hearts shouldn't be fined either how can they do anything about that, same with Hibs and the keeper. Both clubs should just do their best to find and ban the people that threw the coin/hit the keeper. Call it a day at that.

Think there is some kind of rule regarding players/managers not antagonizing the crowd or something similar.  Agree with the rest of your post.

Archived