QotS v Falkirk

At Palmerston today people around me were quickly disappointed that we shot toward covered terrace in first half as they don't like us doing that. Most time we shoot right to left first half, Terregles Street  and towards our own supporters second half.  Who made that decision and what is our record like shooting that way first half? I think it is decent. The sun maybe played a part in the decision
Martin said something to Dobbie before the toss and he clearly signalled to turn round after the toss. We obviously won it and Martin didn't want the sun in his eyes.

Not sure if it made much difference, though, most of the goal was still in the sun second half and it would have been lower in the sky.

Didn't seem to affect either team much to be honest

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn’t make it but just watched the highlights and listened to the interviews,  the highlights looked reasonable, I’d been told by people there is was mostly poor, first half especially.

I like the Falkirk commentary, these guys are fans but tell it as it is.

I recall Prince Buaben with Hearts dazzling us at Palmerston as they strolled to a 3-0 win. Must be a good signing for Falkirk?

Now going for three wins in a row, if we do I’ll allow myself to get slightly excited....

The second today we were all screaming for the ball to be squared for a tap in from Dobbie or Dykes. Later on similar situation but down the other side when Dobbie hit a shot which keeper saved well but a simple square ball and Dykes would/should have scored. It thin lines between success and failure or goals or not

“might”

49 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

I recall Prince Buaben with Hearts dazzling us at Palmerston as they strolled to a 3-0 win. Must be a good signing for Falkirk?

Bauben was comfortably Falkirk's best player yesterday despite giving away a cheap penalty.

I too quite like the Falkirk commentary.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To be honest, I'm not sure if he did underestimate the level required - it was just that his approach could afford to be scattergun.  Firstly, we were part-time, so the commitment was smaller.  More significantly, it was during the pre-transfer window days, so offloading the duds whence they came was not a problem. 

He said himself that he did underestimate it initially. He brought a lot of players with him from the North East but ultimately, when we did win the League the following year, only Weatherson and Atkinson remained from his first group. 

As you say though it was pre window and a lot of guys were on one or two month contracts to see if they could cut it. Much more difficult now.

Having looked at the Falkirk tv footage I think their keeper was fortunate and the ref took pity on him with the follow up to the pen. Good initial save though and fortunately it didn’t matter in the end.

1 hour ago, QOSQOS said:

Couldn’t make it but just watched the highlights and listened to the interviews,  the highlights looked reasonable, I’d been told by people there is was mostly poor, first half especially.

Now going for three wins in a row, if we do I’ll allow myself to get slightly excited....

Agree about the Falkirk commentary. Falkirk started well and had a decent first half of the first half. It took Queens quite a while before they played the ball on the deck which is the way we beat them at their place. Falkirk had promising situations without forcing much in the way of saves, so not many “highlights” in the edited version.

just watched the highlights and can't believe we haven't learned the lesson when dobbie drops 25-30 yards out on the right wing to receive a throw in and turns his man. happened twice at tfs where he scored one and nearly scored another then yesterday just sells buaben a dummy and gets a penalty. we never seem to learn.

we looked very poor again in the highlights only the shot off the bar from Irving troubling them

second goal was a howler from Mitchell

12 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Remember; this squad was bought with the biggest budget Falkirk have had since being relegated from the top flight almost a decade ago.

Think of how much cash they've utterly wasted on a bunch of fucking imposters. Players who all the Falkirk fans were drooling over during the summer, as they updated their Hartley avatars.

1A852348-9DFF-4A83-8A0F-A2719C5AFFDE.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tam said:

Having looked at the Falkirk tv footage I think their keeper was fortunate and the ref took pity on him with the follow up to the pen. Good initial save though and fortunately it didn’t matter in the end.

One of your own posters put up a picture showing Dobbie  kicking it out of Mitchell's hands literally a couple of hours ago, so no, the keeper was not fortunate at all.

Remember; this squad was bought with the biggest budget Falkirk have had since being relegated from the top flight almost a decade ago.
Think of how much cash they've utterly wasted on a bunch of fucking imposters. Players who all the Falkirk fans were drooling over during the summer, as they updated their Hartley avatars.

Even Fife fans falling for CC’s lies now. Wow this guy has some influence in the Scottish game.

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, they're pretty good.

I'm not convinced that you can really call it a "reflex save" when a goalie keeps out a penalty though.

He sent the keeper the wrong way is my pet hate with a commentary with a penalty, Goalkeepers will tend to pick a side and if they were to wait till the ball was kicked are they really that stupid to go the opposite way.

Archived