P&B Trained Killing Machines

banana

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How do you measure on the badassery scale when it comes to the old fisticuffs / roundhousing / half-nelsoning?

What kind of formal training do you have, have you ever needed to use it, and how did that pan out?

Ever been ripped off by a McDojo?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

Because I work in a mental health institution I am trained in some sort of b*****disation of various martial arts which we call Control, Restraint and Breakaway techniques. 

Mrs is a mental health nurse. All the de-escalation stuff is a waste she says. If it kicks off and she's in danger the only real method is a swift boot to pie or balls then run. 

40 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I fight dogs in preparation for tearing paedos apart. 

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

@SlipperyP fights paedos in preparation for tearing dogs apart. 

28 minutes? Poor show, chaps.

28 minutes ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

Because I work in a mental health institution I am trained in some sort of b*****disation of various martial arts which we call Control, Restraint and Breakaway techniques. 

One of my step daughters was trained in that because of her (then) job. I saw her putting it into practice once, pretty damn effective.

14 minutes ago, PWL said:

Mrs is a mental health nurse. All the de-escalation stuff is a waste she says. If it kicks off and she's in danger the only real method is a swift boot to pie or balls then run. 

Things NEVER happen the way we are trained and sometimes it is not possible to use the "proper" techniques, but as long as you use reasonable and not excessive force then you're fine legally. For example, I am 5"9 and would get away with using force to escape from a 6"6 man but I wouldn't get away with using force to escape from a 5 ft woman.

Whenever I've been attacked and all else failed, a quick shove and run has sufficed to make an exit.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

One of my step daughters was trained in that because of her (then) job. I saw her putting it into practice once, pretty damn effective.

Yeah, when it's done properly it's pretty hard to get out of. When we do the training we practice on each other and all try our hardest to get out of the restraints.

Surprisingly small women are usually particularly good at the techniques because they rely on doing the techniques properly whereas men usually try to use strength rather than technique.

3 minutes ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

Things NEVER happen the way we are trained and sometimes it is not possible to use the "proper" techniques, but as long as you use reasonable and not excessive force then you're fine legally. For example, I am 5"9 and would get away with using force to escape from a 6"6 man but I wouldn't get away with using force to escape from a 5 ft woman.

Whenever I've been attacked and all else failed, a quick shove and run has sufficed to make an exit.

Yeah, when it's done properly it's pretty hard to get out of. When we do the training we practice on each other and all try our hardest to get out of the restraints.

Surprisingly small women are usually particularly good at the techniques because they rely on doing the techniques properly whereas men usually try to use strength rather than technique.

That was her.

43% of the forum are Wing Chun badasses, and everyone is an expert in at least two martial arts. Get a P&B Dojo sorted, or a tournament at least. A Royal Rumble style format, perhaps.

Archived