Your club's biggest jobber

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Comrie said:

Did we no pay you to get him on our books? He was an absolute waste of space, a full on jakey in a football shirt.

Following the theme:

GK: Allan Creer

LWB: Jim Fenlon

CB: Atli Gregersen

CB: Andy Dowie

CB: Uros Celcer

RWB: Tim Dreesen

CM: Mark Klok

CM: Tim Chow

CM: Greg Tansey

CF: John Stewart

CF: Maciej Nuckowski

Yikes. Also special mentions to Orhan Mustafi, Branislav Micic, John Bateson, Derek Soutar, Brian McLean, Jordi Balk, Abdouleye Meite (although maybe harsh as he never even played :unsure2:), Joe Cardle Martin Woods..

We really did sign some complete and utter imposters over the years.

4 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Yikes. Also special mentions to Orhan Mustafi, Branislav Micic, John Bateson, Derek Soutar, Brian McLean, Jordi Balk, Abdouleye Meite (although maybe harsh as he never even played :unsure2:), Joe Cardle Martin Woods..

We really did sign some complete and utter imposters over the years.

I'd probably actually swap Celcer for Bateson. I couldn't think of anyone who was horrific at right back and then you reminded me of Bateson and that cup game with him at RB and Kova at centre half, christ that was awful.

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I'd probably actually swap Celcer for Bateson. I couldn't think of anyone who was horrific at right back and then you reminded me of Bateson and that cup game with him at RB and Kova at centre half, christ that was awful.

Oh aye, was that the game we lost 1-4 at home to Raith? :lol: Brutal stuff. Think Russel Duncan scored that night, about the only thing he did for us, another absolute jobber.

My attempt at a team would be

Scott Higgins

Ross Perry
Camille Oponga
Mehdi Khalis
Joe Chalmers

Stephen Bradley
Paul Paton
Tom Owen-Evans

John Stewart
Davide Xausa
Kjartan Finnbogasson

Probably forgot a few contenders and the likes of Haber, Lewis and Fasan are only just missing out.

Hard to produce an XI from over the years, do you factor in the level someone played at or is a guy who was absymal in the top flight more of a stinker than someone in the 3rd tier? Was a guy who got less than 100 minutes but got found out quickly as utterly hopeless (Dave the Ukrainian, Henoc Mukendi etc) more worthy of inclusion than a guy who managed to stink out a season or more?
Ignoring for now last season and this

Bryn Halliwell

Jean-Yves Anis / Gabriel Piccolo / Sandy Hodge / Jake Carroll

Stephane Bonnes / Darren Brady/ JP McBride / Sean Kilgannon

Mark McWalter / Steve Lovell

Lovell was clearly good for other teams but was totally done and uninterested by the time he rocked up at us. McWalter played a season for us, didn't score (even Miles Storey etc) and got injured stamping his foot in protest at an offside decision. Kind of feel I've missed another obvious centre mid (from outside the last 18 months before you say Edwards / Woods / Barton)

Probably harsh putting Lovell in there. He had a a couple decent games but just didn’t bother his arse the rest of the time. He’s a lazy p***k but not a jobber IMO. Plenty more striker options too: Paul Keegan, Leigh Hinds, Kal Naismith, Steven Lennon, Graham Gibson, Paul Digiacomo, Jim Hamilton, Nathan Ecclestone, Mathias Pogba, Armand One, Allan Russell, Stephen McConalogue

39 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Smith

McCunnie - Urquhart - Dearden - Whittle

Harper - Hutton - D'Angelo - Ryan

Reilly - Mole

Not having McCunnie or Whittle. Both are horrendous shouts, Whittle especially. Not sure I even know who Deareden is so he must have been abysmal. Unsure about Ryan as well; who do you mean? D'Angelo only played 1 game did he not? Was he really that bad? Never saw him.

The rest are good shouts though. Shuddersome trash.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Smith

McCunnie - Urquhart - Dearden - Whittle

Harper - Hutton - D'Angelo - Ryan

Reilly - Mole

Jamie Mole would be a great shout for us (possibly for a load of teams).

Conversely Gavin Reilly would be nowhere near our jobbers team. Given how he played for us I`d welcome him back to QOS in a heartbeat.

Gary Harkins 
Farid el alagui
Craig Beattie
Kevin kyle 
Paul Carney
Could go on all night tbh

I remember being getting myself incredibly overexcited for all of these signings with the exception of Kyle.

I was well aware he’d be a complete diddy.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I remember being getting myself incredibly overexcited for all of these signings with the exception of Kyle.

And yet he was far from the worst of those in an Ayr strip.

And yet he was far from the worst of those in an Ayr strip.

I think putting Cairney on that list is harsh. He had a few good games that season and was far from our worse player.

The others were all poor for different reasons. Kyle and Beattie just weren’t good enough as players but chipped in with goals and imo Beattie at least showed determination in wanting to do well. It just didn’t happen for him that season.

Harkins started off well but quickly downed tools halfway through. He was probably the first person at the club to realise we were getting relegated and saw no point in even trying. Plenty of talent but very little effort. El Alagui never looked interested. Only signed because a supposed move to Asia collapsed or something like that and previous injuries meant he couldn’t run. Was a signing that smacked of desperation from McCall because we’d been rejected by every other available striker at that level including Shankland.

I’d say El Alagui was overall the worst player but I can understand why Harkins infuriated so many fans.

Farid said he had signed a deal in Ayrshire but was reported as asia on our website.

Sport

23rd January 2017

Farid El Alagui leaves Dunfermline Athletic

By Ross Hart

[https://www]

Farid El Alagui is leaving Dunfermline Athletic.

FARID EL ALAGUI has today left Dunfermline Athletic, the club have announced.

The 31-year-old striker is moving on from East End Park to pursue what the Pars say is a "new career opportunity in Asia".

Ffs

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think putting Cairney on that list is harsh. He had a few good games that season and was far from our worse player.

The others were all poor for different reasons. Kyle and Beattie just weren’t good enough as players but chipped in with goals and imo Beattie at least showed determination in wanting to do well. It just didn’t happen for him that season.

Harkins started off well but quickly downed tools halfway through. He was probably the first person at the club to realise we were getting relegated and saw no point in even trying. Plenty of talent but very little effort. El Alagui never looked interested. Only signed because a supposed move to Asia collapsed or something like that and previous injuries meant he couldn’t run. Was a signing that smacked of desperation from McCall because we’d been rejected by every other available striker at that level including Shankland.

I’d say El Alagui was overall the worst player but I can understand why Harkins infuriated so many fans.

If Ayr ever took Harkins on in any capacity I wouldn't spend another quid at Somerset.

If Ayr ever took Harkins on in any capacity I wouldn't spend another quid at Somerset.

I can understand that. Imo he was our best player whilst we were competing in the league but once we dropped into the bottom two he rarely turned up unless we were playing Dundee United.

A complete luxury player.

Farid said he had signed a deal in Ayrshire but was reported as asia on our website.

Sport

23rd January 2017

Farid El Alagui leaves Dunfermline Athletic

By Ross Hart

[https://www]

Farid El Alagui is leaving Dunfermline Athletic.

FARID EL ALAGUI has today left Dunfermline Athletic, the club have announced.

The 31-year-old striker is moving on from East End Park to pursue what the Pars say is a "new career opportunity in Asia".

Ffs

Derek Stillie, Callum Morris and Farid El Alagui really need to take geography lessons.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can understand that. Imo he was our best player whilst we were competing in the league but once we dropped into the bottom two he rarely turned up unless we were playing Dundee United.

A complete luxury player.

His problem at the beginning was that he was too intelligent for those around him, he was playing balls to where good players would be and at times it looked bad because there was nobody near the ball, the St Mirren game was enough for me, he'd have been out the door before the end of that game if I'd been in charge. 

His problem at the beginning was that he was too intelligent for those around him, he was playing balls to where good players would be and at times it looked bad because there was nobody near the ball, the St Mirren game was enough for me, he'd have been out the door before the end of that game if I'd been in charge. 

The 6-2 one? You’re being generous tbf. I’d have had him away in January.

Archived