Clyde v Stirling Albion

For the disallowed goal, I called a foul at the time for a push elsewhere in the box before the ball got to the scorers head. Was surprised to see it given as these things usually go unpunished.

Off the picture it doesn't look a push, obviously not moving :lol:. Will properly decide if the ref/lino has fucked up when the highlights are out though.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well played stirling. Lot o graft n fight and number 7 good player. Deserved 3 i.d say....

Danny Jardine. He's really got back into the form we know since Kev's taken over. Long may it continue cause he's a very classy player on his day.

2 hours ago, bhoonaman said:

For the disallowed goal, I called a foul at the time for a push elsewhere in the box before the ball got to the scorers head. Was surprised to see it given as these things usually go unpunished.

Yeah there was a fairly clear push on McNiff (I think) before it reached Grant. Not a big push but a foul none the less.

Thought a draw was a fair result. We started both halves well, but once Stirling figured out our game plan they closed us down well and we resorted to aimless balls as usual.

Danny Jardine. He's really got back into the form we know since Kev's taken over. Long may it continue cause he's a very classy player on his day.
Have a listen to Lennon's post match interview on the Clyde website gives a really good resume on the Stirling team ( does it with the opposition every week )
and as usual tells us how well the opposition played
Absolutely sick to the back teeth of these rambling post match interviews which are all about the opposition

Hopefully once Goodwillie finds his form again, all will be right. He famously quoted after Annan (A) "I should have had 5 the day" since then the goals have dried up. 

Thought Lennon's comments were fair plenty of effort. For me a lack of creativity and persistent long balls up top to DGW is not the answer.

Big game at Elgin next Saturday

7 hours ago, Larry Hood said:

I see Stirling FC twitter give the attendance as 541 with 170 away fans

Looked a  wee bit busier in the home end than 371

So what is going on?

I would say the home end was actually busier than at a lot of previous games so that seems very odd. Good turn out from Stirling fans I thought. 

If I was a Stirling fan, I’d have been gutted at that. Their team put everything into that game. We were very poor although a draw was probably just about right over the piece. Albion actually took the lead during our best spell. Not sure about the disallowed goal. I did think at the time that the Albion player was ‘climbing’ on Grant a bit but would need to see it again. I did notice though that there wasn’t a huge amount of complaining from Albion players so that could tell a story. 

Major amount of time wasting near the end from Albion. However, let’s be honest, we’d have done the same if we’d been a goal up away from home. 

Stirling will climb the league. We’re looking at play offs now. Can’t see us catching the top two unless they have a major dip in form and we get some consistency about our game. 

13 hours ago, David W said:

I thought today was a really tough, physical game and anyone who thinks that Stirling are only the 8th best team in the division is a mug. The contrast to last week when we were able to get the ball into our attacking midfield trio and letting them play Goodwillie through was night and day. Both sides defended well, with Stirling's game plan of shutting off our full-backs and letting Nicoll try to find Syvertsen/McStay/Lamont worked well as his passing was absolute guff today.

McStay was equally rubbish in possession which was a shame as he was involved in the game. Lamont had a great run in the first couple of minutes that should've seen the Stirling player booked but after that was completely anonymous; we should have given him a stint a bit deeper/centrally though. Syvertsen had some nice touches but again wasn't given the ball enough. I've got sympathy for Goodwillie as he hardly had a decent ball to play off all game, and both Stirling centre halves basically on him the whole time. 

I thought Rankin had a good game. Cogill was outstanding, took his goal well and we had the wee cameo of Rumsby coming on and with no-one near him, heading the ball straight to a Stirling player to emphasise that he should have been starting months ago. McNiff good as well. Full-backs were challenged and stood up to it, and Currie had a couple of decent stops. Nicoll defended  very well. 

That havoc after we scored yet continued to play McNiff up front and with no left-back; we could easily have lost the game in stoppage time. Did Lennon realise we'd scored?

Stirling are much better with the new manager, some new signings and some fit players. Jardine very good, Mackin a decent target man to play off. Didn't think McIndoe had a good game at all though, seemed to want too much time on the ball.

A point each fair over the 90 minutes as there really wasn't much between the teams but Stirling will obviously feel they should have won. 

P.S. The half-time draw is genius stuff. Twice in less than a year :oops:ass

The P.S.? Necessary? 

On 10/11/2018 at 17:20, the_bully_wee said:

Yet another shocking home performance, the only positive being that we fluked a goal and didn't lose. Stirling are obviously much-improved and very organised, but we only created two credible scoring chances in the match in Cogill's header and then the Hail Mary at the end. To go from blowing away an (admittedly weakened) Edinburgh side away from home last week to that garbage today is frustrating beyond belief. Need a miracle cure for Stewart's back complaint ASAP as we are much more vulnerable without him at the back. For Clyde, the centre halves did well and that was about it - and even then, the following-in for Stirling's goal was non-existent. Would have to see it again to apportion any blame, though.

Apparently Stewart's back injury has healed and he is 100% fit. Think DL prefers Grant!! 

Archived