Dundee v Queens

Northfield 53

Very hard tie for Queens with it being a away tie  I am sure Jim McIntyre will have Dundee playing much better with a few new signing in .

Sadly can't see us getting a win at best a draw get them back at Palmy.

We won't make much money out of the game be lucky if there is 3000 at the game 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look forward to having yous up, spent some time in Dumfries last year and most QoS fans I met were cool. However, I hope your dreams die at Dens. I've already seen us lose at home to Championship teams 2 times too many this season, Idk if I could take another. Just hoping today's performance was the start of something promising, I'd love a cup run.

Banana skin written all over it, but I’m pretty confident a shock will be avoided and Queen of the South will be in the next round.

In all seriousness, Queens were definitely our bogey team in the First Division (as-was) so this will be a very tough tie. 

Our previous Cup meeting at Dens was at the same stage in 2007 which finished in a 1-1 draw, Queens ultimately wining the replay 4-2 on penalties after a 3-3 thriller. 

We haven’t met in the Cup since then. Nope. Not once. Anyone who might show footage to suggest otherwise has faked it. :whistle

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

Banana skin written all over it, but I’m pretty confident a shock will be avoided and Queen of the South will be in the next round.

In all seriousness, Queens were definitely our bogey team in the First Division (as-was) so this will be a very tough tie. 

Our previous Cup meeting at Dens was at the same stage in 2007 which finished in a 1-1 draw, Queens ultimately wining the replay 4-2 on penalties after a 3-3 thriller. 

We haven’t met in the Cup since then. Nope. Not once. Anyone who might show footage to suggest otherwise has faked it. :whistle

To be fair, the one after that you fielded a cobbled together line up of coaches, fans, loan players and ball boys since you had about 46 players unavailable. It doesnt really count.

BUT IT WAS MAGIC!!!! :)

13 minutes ago, The Master said:

Yep we`ve had to do the hard yards since then (all 84 of them)

3 minutes ago, JessieField said:

I assume Frizzell, Norman and Semple will be unavailable for this away trip? I'd settle for a draw now and get them back to Dumfries.

Well Norman will be away certainly. Thats not up for debate. I dont know if there might be a chance of keeping either of the other two though. 

On 24/11/2018 at 22:10, The Master said:

Stephen Dobbie's debut for us, I believe. 

As a Queens fan with a Dundee supporting boss, I love the potential for this draw. We lose, I can pass it off as expected.

If we win, he'll have pictures of Dobbie and Harkins on his desk before he gets in on the following Monday.

• 4 weeks later...
Stephen Dobbie's debut for us, I believe. 
As a Queens fan with a Dundee supporting boss, I love the potential for this draw. We lose, I can pass it off as expected.
If we win, he'll have pictures of Dobbie and Harkins on his desk before he gets in on the following Monday.

this aged well

Big opportunity for Queens to progress or at least get a replay back down at Palmerston, Hopefully Sheff Utd let us keep Semple untill the end of season and we get another 2/3 players in to assist the current team & strengthen the squad as well as Nicky Low before this match. 

Queens have to play Inverness then Ross County before Dundee in comparison there next game is against Queens due to winter break, I think its better to be playing competitive games every week than sitting idle training for 3 weeks. With the transfer window open soon we will see each club with different starting elevens by then. 

Queens will have nothing to lose pressure will all be on Dundee.... 

You guys got the luck of the draw, let me tell ya. We are utter shite, and it’ll be embarrassing if you can’t take advantage of that lol

You guys got the luck of the draw, let me tell ya. We are utter shite, and it’ll be embarrassing if you can’t take advantage of that lol

21 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Big opportunity for Queens to progress or at least get a replay back down at Palmerston, Hopefully Sheff Utd let us keep Semple untill the end of season and we get another 2/3 players in to assist the current team & strengthen the squad as well as Nicky Low before this match. 

Queens have to play Inverness then Ross County before Dundee in comparison there next game is against Queens due to winter break, I think its better to be playing competitive games every week than sitting idle training for 3 weeks. With the transfer window open soon we will see each club with different starting elevens by then. 

Queens will have nothing to lose pressure will all be on Dundee.... 

Yeah, that worked a treat last season when we played soon to be relegated Partick Thistle. At home.

Archived