Resident evil 2 remake

54_and_counting

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Yup, 

I picked it up earlier from Cex, it comes with Resident Evil Zero as well which I believe is a prologue? Only £18 for both the games so not too shabby.

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

I picked it up earlier from Cex, it comes with Resident Evil Zero as well which I believe is a prologue? Only £18 for both the games so not too shabby.

Both are fantastic remakes, i had never played zero before until last year, really enjoyable game, the original remake was outstanding, better controls, bigger setting, defo a good way to get started in the resi culture

20190202_204753.thumb.jpg.3e381a70d8fdc1f06dee07e453370289.jpg

The above game arrived today. Been firing through Leon A today. It's been about 17 years since I last played it yet there's so much that I recall when going through it, even unconsciously (there have been a couple of switch puzzles that I did first time).

Top, top game. The graphics are nowhere near as blocky as I thought they'd be and the gameplay remains immense (took me a couple of minutes to get used to the controls). 

I played a lot of Resident Evil 4 over the Christmas/New Year period (the Chicago Typewriter actually put an end to my run throughs as, though it was fun at first, it ruined it as everything was too easy with it), which was probably my 4th go around on it, and since I first got in to 4 I was concerned that it would overtake 2 as my favourite Resident Evil game.

I'm happy to report that 2 remains top of the pile. The voice acting remains comically pish but the gameplay remains exceptional.

4 is second of course. 1 takes third place, although it's hard to split the remake and original as they're almost different games. 0 is up next then Code Veronica (although I've only played about 30 minutes of it) then 5. Haven't played any of the others. I hated 5 so much that I never bothered with 6 or 7, and never got the chance to play 3/Nemesis back in the day, but will be getting it soon for the PS1, and seemingly they're going to remake it.

Talking of remaking Resident Evil games, I heard they're remade 2..

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The very thought of those giant spiders in 2019 graphics is the biggest NOPE in the world for me.

They arent there, just much MUCH worse, the lickers are a fucking devastating enemy this time around, 

For those who frequent twitter, just search for mr x, some cracking videos of people being scared shitless by him lol

20190202_204753.thumb.jpg.3e381a70d8fdc1f06dee07e453370289.jpg
The above game arrived today. Been firing through Leon A today. It's been about 17 years since I last played it yet there's so much that I recall when going through it, even unconsciously (there have been a couple of switch puzzles that I did first time).
Top, top game. The graphics are nowhere near as blocky as I thought they'd be and the gameplay remains immense (took me a couple of minutes to get used to the controls). 
I played a lot of Resident Evil 4 over the Christmas/New Year period (the Chicago Typewriter actually put an end to my run throughs as, though it was fun at first, it ruined it as everything was too easy with it), which was probably my 4th go around on it, and since I first got in to 4 I was concerned that it would overtake 2 as my favourite Resident Evil game.
I'm happy to report that 2 remains top of the pile. The voice acting remains comically pish but the gameplay remains exceptional.
4 is second of course. 1 takes third place, although it's hard to split the remake and original as they're almost different games. 0 is up next then Code Veronica (although I've only played about 30 minutes of it) then 5. Haven't played any of the others. I hated 5 so much that I never bothered with 6 or 7, and never got the chance to play 3/Nemesis back in the day, but will be getting it soon for the PS1, and seemingly they're going to remake it.
Talking of remaking Resident Evil games, I heard they're remade 2..
Get RE7, its immense and shite your pants scary

On 03/02/2019 at 19:54, Gaz said:

I was devastated to find out that both the "Jill Sandwich" and "master of unlocking" lines are missing from the remake of the original.

WHAT?! 

Do they at least still have;

"What is it?"

"..blood! I hope it's not...Chris' blood!"

Been a while since I played the remake of the original with Jill so can't remember.

Also Jill's response to the 'Jill Sandwich' makes me chuckle as well. Doesn't translate well in text so here's the video;

Played this for an hour last night, loving it so far, 2 coins in the statue upstrairs and now back in the main hall after being called back by the big man, only just begun and already loads of stuff happening, quite alot of it is coming back to me after all those years, the shooting and zombies are superb, not came across anything other than zombies so far so it's been pretty easy going, only a matter of time before the madness begins, this I know haha! Will get tore right into it the night :) 

4 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Played this for an hour last night, loving it so far, 2 coins in the statue upstrairs and now back in the main hall after being called back by the big man, only just begun and already loads of stuff happening, quite alot of it is coming back to me after all those years, the shooting and zombies are superb, not came across anything other than zombies so far so it's been pretty easy going, only a matter of time before the madness begins, this I know haha! Will get tore right into it the night :) 

Good stuff, who did you choose at first, claire or leon? 

32 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Good stuff, who did you choose at first, claire or leon? 

Started with Leon's mate, feel like I've already put a decent dent in it after an 1-2 hours of playing, probably just due to the fact it's been pretty easy going so far, started it on normal, shat it with the Nightmare (Hard) option haha!