The Pie & Bovril Dead Pool 2019

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

A bit accusatory, Your Grace, intended or otherwise. The dead pool came within a bawhair of not running this year until Miguel's accepting the baton. That entitles him to some adjustments to the rules, imo.

There was no accusation. Did you bother to read my post?

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

You seem very critical of Miguel. I don’t remember you volunteering to take this job on. 

Bollocks. I merely commented on the rule changes.

Btw, in relation to "volunteering",  I had family and friends'  terminal illnesses and deaths to deal with over the last few months.

We've already had embarrassing schoolboy errors on the scoring.

So just f**k off!

4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Btw, in relation to "volunteering",  I had family and friends'  terminal illnesses and deaths to deal with over the last few months.

So just f**k off!

Always good to have a bit of perspective on what’s important. Maybe you should withdraw your entry in protest at this absolute shambles of an event then. 

Just now, Rugster said:

Always good to have a bit of perspective on what’s important. Maybe you should withdraw your entry in protest at this absolute shambles of an event then. 

Obviously insanely jealous after my "first blood"  captain scored 207 points this year. :lol: 

I sympathise with anyone trying to have fun in Dingwall as a Falkirk supporter. 

9 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So just f**k off!

You're right of course. I think we should find him and kill him.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're right of course. I think we should find him and kill him.

Bit OTT! :lol:

I only pointed out a convenient change in the rules.

They would benefit someone who picked a team of ageing/dying authors who no one/few had heard of.

And for this crime, I get "grief" from the nul point scorers. Fancy that! :thumsup2

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

They would benefit someone who picked a team of ageing/dying authors who no one/few had heard of.

And for this crime, I get "grief" from the nul point scorers. Fancy that! :thumsup2

If the cheating cūnt wins we'll not recognise it. We'll give it to second place, unless I can think of something he's done.

Couple of things:

- There are a few rule changes this year. Some changes to the scoring of existing rules, some added, one dropped. The Solo/Duo points were changed to 50/25 to standardise all the bonuses. Except Unnatural Causes, which is still 30. This was partly to make it easier for me to have fewer bonus amounts to keep track of, partly to keep the scores close, partly to add an extra bonus for Solo Shots. In all honesty I had never really realised how many points each bonus was worth, so changing them was probably a bit arbitrary. 

- The SS bonus has gone from 30 to 50. If all 15 of your picks were SS and all hit you'd get an extra 300 points based on the old system. I've no idea what the average hit rate per player is, but I'd imagine if you had 15 hits and no Solo or Duo shots you'd win regardless.

- While I should probably have drawn more attention to the changes I made, the OP from Spain I copied and adapted had references to rules from before 2018. The Nobel Peace Prize rule, for instance. I assumed everyone would have read the OP, but that was probably wrong too.

- While I appreciate the support from everyone as well as the criticism, I am new to this. I don't want to get it wrong, and I'm hoping that these f**k ups in the opening weeks (I've still got no idea what I did with the counting on the Lewis pick tbf) are a better way of doing it than having it happen later in the year. This is partly why I wanted to make the whole process completely transparent and give you regular updates on a Sunday, which seem to have been received in the manner intended so far.

- There's a lot of people posting in here who aren't playing. I hope I see you next year. 

And, last one, this is supposed to be fun. Everyone take a step away from your screen and remember that, please. 

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

12 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

and in response to this, not my fault you're all a bunch of uncultured slobs

;)

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Couple of things:

- There are a few rule changes this year. Some changes to the scoring of existing rules, some added, one dropped. The Solo/Duo points were changed to 50/25 to standardise all the bonuses. Except Unnatural Causes, which is still 30. This was partly to make it easier for me to have fewer bonus amounts to keep track of, partly to keep the scores close, partly to add an extra bonus for Solo Shots. In all honesty I had never really realised how many points each bonus was worth, so changing them was probably a bit arbitrary. 

- The SS bonus has gone from 30 to 50. If all 15 of your picks were SS and all hit you'd get an extra 300 points based on the old system. I've no idea what the average hit rate per player is, but I'd imagine if you had 15 hits and no Solo or Duo shots you'd win regardless.

- While I should probably have drawn more attention to the changes I made, the OP from Spain I copied and adapted had references to rules from before 2018. The Nobel Peace Prize rule, for instance. I assumed everyone would have read the OP, but that was probably wrong too.

- While I appreciate the support from everyone as well as the criticism, I am new to this. I don't want to get it wrong, and I'm hoping that these f**k ups in the opening weeks (I've still got no idea what I did with the counting on the Lewis pick tbf) are a better way of doing it than having it happen later in the year. This is partly why I wanted to make the whole process completely transparent and give you regular updates on a Sunday, which seem to have been received in the manner intended so far.

- There's a lot of people posting in here who aren't playing. I hope I see you next year. 

And, last one, this is supposed to be fun. Everyone take a step away from your screen and remember that, please. 

Aye ok, but we're watching you son.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson