Alloa v Queens

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queens were that poor that you give your keeper MOM. Although Queens offered very little ??
Any team without their top player and goal scorer will struggle. We simply don’t have the budget to have any options off the bench.

I'm sure it was Flanni who got MOTM...announced over tannoy at time up.

Queens were that poor that you give your keeper MOM. Although Queens offered very little.

Parry pulled off two superb saves at an important time of game. That’s why he deserves mom. For us to keep a clean sheet as a part time side against a full time side in the top four is superb.

Queens where devoid of ideas in second half. If yourself happy with that performance from your side then that’s your choice, even your keeper was saying at the end some of the players need to stop believing their own hype.

3 hours ago, Frankie S said:

One goal always looked likely to be enough for a workmanlike but very limited Alloa side against a poor Queens team today, the second was just rubbing it in. Dobbie papers over the cracks in this team, without him we’d be down amongst the dross.

I know it's standard for anyone who loses to us to claim we were poor and they were just worse but this shows a lack of awareness of the situation. For a part-time side in a full-time division we are doing well. We have a group of players who work extremely hard, never give up and who are capable of playing some excellent football. Not sure what kind of expectations you have of a team in our situation but "very limited" is a poor choice of words. 

And 18 games in, there hasn't been much between most of the teams in this league. You aren't significantly better than the "dross" even with Dobbie. Without him you would certainly be fighting relegation. 

42 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Loan players need not cost a lot of money you are only paying part of there wage that is why Alloa had 2 excellent forwards today 

The loans at Alloa aren't freebies. The manager held back a very significant part of his budget until the closing stages of the transfer window so he could get the loans in. Our squad was tiny for the League Cup and start of the league because of that. 

Anyway, excellent win and one we really needed. We probably should have had more but 9 points from the 2nd quarter is a good return. No reason why we can't add to the tally next week. Hopefully the players will have a bit more space to work in then:whistle

9 minutes ago, Wasperoonie said:
59 minutes ago, SueSue said:
Queens were that poor that you give your keeper MOM. Although Queens offered very little ??
Any team without their top player and goal scorer will struggle. We simply don’t have the budget to have any options off the bench.

I'm sure it was Flanni who got MOTM...announced over tannoy at time up.

Correct 

8 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I know it's standard for anyone who loses to us to claim we were poor and they were just worse but this shows a lack of awareness of the situation. For a part-time side in a full-time division we are doing well. We have a group of players who work extremely hard, never give up and who are capable of playing some excellent football. Not sure what kind of expectations you have of a team in our situation but "very limited" is a poor choice of words. 

And 18 games in, there hasn't been much between most of the teams in this league. You aren't significantly better than the "dross" even with Dobbie. Without him you would certainly be fighting relegation. 

The loans at Alloa aren't freebies. The manager held back a very significant part of his budget until the closing stages of the transfer window so he could get the loans in. Our squad was tiny for the League Cup and start of the league because of that. 

Anyway, excellent win and one we really needed. We probably should have had more but 9 points from the 2nd quarter is a good return. No reason why we can't add to the tally next week. Hopefully the players will have a bit more space to work in then:whistle

I’m fully aware of how limited all clubs are in the Championship, including ourselves.

1 hour ago, Frankie S said:

I’m fully aware of how limited all clubs are in the Championship, including ourselves.

You may well feel you are limited but you are full time.We regularly get told we are poor by fans of the full time sides but how many of the part time sides who have made the championship are still there,NONE.Ayr were part time and got relegated went full time and look at them now.At the halfway point of the season we are above the relegation places so thus far we have been anything but poor.FWIW I thought Queens played pretty well today and so did we.Parrys save in the first half was so important,fine margins.

12 minutes ago, Kobe2010 said:

You may well feel you are limited but you are full time.We regularly get told we are poor by fans of the full time sides but how many of the part time sides who have made the championship are still there,NONE.Ayr were part time and got relegated went full time and look at them now.At the halfway point of the season we are above the relegation places so thus far we have been anything but poor.FWIW I thought Queens played pretty well today and so did we.Parrys save in the first half was so important,fine margins.

Queens got nowhere near "playing pretty well". It was a poor performance from a weakened team. Alloa were marginally better

Well here we go again and again and again and again, as  I have told  Partick , Falkirk, Morton, ICT D,united. Dunfermline fans in previous match posts..it is NORMAL

for you to play badly against us , nearly every team we play reserve their worst performances for us ..Strange Eh?

Well here we go again and again and again and again, as  I have told  Partick , Falkirk, Morton, ICT D,united. Dunfermline fans in previous match posts..it is NORMAL
for you to play badly against us , nearly every team we play reserve their worst performances for us ..Strange Eh?

It’s not strange at all. As a part time team in a league of full time teams it will take a team to have an off day and you to play well for you to get a result. Might be harsh on you guys who I’m enjoying seeing do well but that’s generally how it works. Two years ago any result we got we got because we played well and the other team didn’t.

It’s the same for us this season. If we play well then we will beat any team in this league. If we have an off day and the other team plays well then we’ll get beat. QoTS fans were moaning in September after the 5-0 win about us saying it was mainly down to us being poor and then taking advantage of it.

14 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

So you think we beat Ayr 5-0 playing like that? 

Sorry if it offends you, but that was a poor Queens performance, missing its two most creative players. And yet you still needed three top saves, a missed sitter and a set piece to win the game.

Enjoy your win and the much needed three points 

Just now, Mr X said:

Sorry if it offends you, but that was a poor Queens performance, missing its two most creative players. And yet you still needed three top saves, a missed sitter and a set piece to win the game.

not offended .like I say its normal.. every team has /needs goalie saves ,set pieces, opposition misses its all part of the game Ayr are entitled to the odd stinker , we had one here at home v Falkirk, otherwise been ok.

Given we couldn’t even fill the subs bench today, it’s hardly controversial to suggest that we have the shallowest squad in the division. 
In the absence of Harkins and Dobbie, we weren’t just short on numbers, we had almost nothing in the way of quality today. Bell looked way out of his depth, Doyle is a utility player whose utility is negligible in a more advanced role, and Dykes confirmed that whatever his qualities are, finishing most certainly isn’t one of them, squandering the best chance of the game with a trundled shot past the post when clean through.
One goal always looked likely to be enough for a workmanlike but very limited Alloa side against a poor Queens team today, the second was just rubbing it in. Dobbie papers over the cracks in this team, without him we’d be down amongst the dross.
If we’re remotely serious about contending for a play off place, then we need to strengthen (considerably) in January.

We definitely need to strengthen the front line as it looks like we’ll be minus 2 of our forwards from January......thankfully it won’t include Dobbie.

27 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The first game at Palmerston was a poor Queens performance,you were miles better today.Both teams had good passages of play,goalkeepers made saves and chances were missed.Thats kind of what happens in football.Not offended at all.

28 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

We definitely need to strengthen the front line as it looks like we’ll be minus 2 of our forwards from January......thankfully it won’t include Dobbie.

We only have 2 forwards.  If we`re minus 2 in January and Dobbie remains that`ll be a clever trick.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s not strange at all. As a part time team in a league of full time teams it will take a team to have an off day and you to play well for you to get a result. Might be harsh on you guys who I’m enjoying seeing do well but that’s generally how it works. Two years ago any result we got we got because we played well and the other team didn’t.

Overly simplistic argument.  The gap between us and the rest hasn't been significant so far. In most cases it hasn't existed at all. We might only have won 3 but that's mainly been down to a failure to take chances. You can add in 7 draws which were generally all very tight, and some of the defeats were also games which could really have gone either way. Even the two Ross County games, when we were outplayed, they needed last minute winners. Given the vast majority of games have been extremely competitive then opposition teams must be having an off day against us almost every week.

In reality, opposition fans expect to beat Alloa and automatically throw out the "poor performance" or "it's a shite league" line after a defeat, draw or even narrow win. 

The first game at Palmerston was a poor Queens performance,you were miles better today.Both teams had good passages of play,goalkeepers made saves and chances were missed.Thats kind of what happens in football.Not offended at all.
I wouldn't say miles better but either way still poor and well short of some performances this season.
Overly simplistic argument.  The gap between us and the rest hasn't been significant so far. In most cases it hasn't existed at all. We might only have won 3 but that's mainly been down to a failure to take chances. You can add in 7 draws which were generally all very tight, and some of the defeats were also games which could really have gone either way. Even the two Ross County games, when we were outplayed, they needed last minute winners. Given the vast majority of games have been extremely competitive then opposition teams must be having an off day against us almost every week.
In reality, opposition fans expect to beat Alloa and automatically throw out the "poor performance" or "it's a shite league" line after a defeat, draw or even narrow win. 

No one is automatically throwing out anything. We were poor yesterday. Alloa were slightly better and did not enough to deserve the win. That's the reality no matter how often you play the victim card.

14 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Parry pulled off two superb saves at an important time of game. That’s why he deserves mom. For us to keep a clean sheet as a part time side against a full time side in the top four is superb.

Queens where devoid of ideas in second half. If yourself happy with that performance from your side then that’s your choice, even your keeper was saying at the end some of the players need to stop believing their own hype.

Read the post again Red.

You said you would make your keeper MOM but in the same sentence saying Queens were poor and void of ideas.

You are contradicting yourself.

Also, did I say I was pleased with the Queens performance ? Nope, I didn’t.

And don’t give me that part time against full time bollocks. Alloa and Queens team budget are on a par. Queens have 14 senior players then kids.

If you are happy wallowing as being the part time under dog every week to justify a defeat or it gives you the excuse to bask in the glory of victory then crack on.

Archived