Alloa v Queens

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We await the highlights but the foul that looked to the free kick looked soft, Fordyce said same in interview. That said, we were in line as Alloa prepared to take it no I thought we needed one more body in the wall.  For free kicks that close, it’s hard to get them up and down over the wall, so power round the wall is often better. Martin set the wall up, he thought he had that side covered, but he didn’t....

Obviously Flanagan still had to get it right, and credit to him for exploiting the gap, but around us we were blaming Martin. Maybe we were harsh.

Dykes led the line well as always, he put in a good shift, but his weakness remains an inability to take chances. When he was clear through, the ball was sitting up and he managed to ‘scuff’it by the post. Head in hands moment.

11 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Heard nothing but strange he wasn’t playing yesterday and no mention of him being injured or has he ?

Dobbie was definitely going to miss this match and there was still a doubt about Harkins' fitness. Looks like he wasn't risked.

17 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

We await the highlights but the foul that looked to the free kick looked soft, Fordyce said same in interview. That said, we were in line as Alloa prepared to take it no I thought we needed one more body in the wall.  For free kicks that close, it’s hard to get them up and down over the wall, so power round the wall is often better. Martin set the wall up, he thought he had that side covered, but he didn’t....

Obviously Flanagan still had to get it right, and credit to him for exploiting the gap, but around us we were blaming Martin. Maybe we were harsh.

Dykes led the line well as always, he put in a good shift, but his weakness remains an inability to take chances. When he was clear through, the ball was sitting up and he managed to ‘scuff’it by the post. Head in hands moment.

I thought we actually set up the wall with another body in it but they moved to mark somebody else before the kick was taken. Martin still had time to rearrange the wall and get himself positioned.   Cant help but feel if it had been Lee Robinson conceding that goal he would have been blamed. Martin was too central.

I thought we actually set up the wall with another body in it but they moved to mark somebody else before the kick was taken. Martin still had time to rearrange the wall and get himself positioned.   Cant help but feel if it had been Lee Robinson conceding that goal he would have been blamed. Martin was too central.
Agreed. Also the height the ball crossed the line was ideal for a keeper.

1 hour ago, QOSQOS said:

Studs up catches Zanatta for the foul. Not an awful lot of argument I would say.

Read the post again Red.
You said you would make your keeper MOM but in the same sentence saying Queens were poor and void of ideas.
You are contradicting yourself.
Also, did I say I was pleased with the Queens performance ? Nope, I didn’t.
And don’t give me that part time against full time bollocks. Alloa and Queens team budget are on a par. Queens have 14 senior players then kids.
If you are happy wallowing as being the part time under dog every week to justify a defeat or it gives you the excuse to bask in the glory of victory then crack on.

Well, yesterday was day out for you wasn’t it? And for your family it’s a
Day off.”

We have been riding our luck for a few weeks now and creating virtually nothing in an attacking sense. Ironically, we created 4/5 great chances yesterday and failed to take any of them. A draw was probably a fair result but Alloa passed the ball better and took their chances. Zanatta was a real handful and looks a player.

Well here we go again and again and again and again, as  I have told  Partick , Falkirk, Morton, ICT D,united. Dunfermline fans in previous match posts..it is NORMAL
for you to play badly against us , nearly every team we play reserve their worst performances for us ..Strange Eh?
Fact is Alloa were a mile the better team at palmy and it appears they were better than us again yesterday. Without Dobbie im beginning to fear where the next win will come from.

58 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Well, yesterday was day out for you wasn’t it? And for your family it’s a
Day off.”

I think you had had your day out before the game given your shite report on it. Suppose it was good for you to get some fresh air.

you haven’t answered the question though. Doubt you will. Maybe you can’t.

I will go with you can’t.

All these questions for the fucking village idiot. I don’t know where to start.

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

No one is automatically throwing out anything. We were poor yesterday. Alloa were slightly better and did not enough to deserve the win. That's the reality no matter how often you play the victim card.

It very obviously wasn't  a reference to yesterday's game in particular, it has happened after every close match this season. And almost all of the games have been close. Perhaps we are fantastically fortunate and teams are indeed regularly saving their worst performances for Alloa. Or perhaps people are regularly posting cliched pish. 

It very obviously wasn't  a reference to yesterday's game in particular, it has happened after every close match this season. And almost all of the games have been close. Perhaps we are fantastically fortunate and teams are indeed regularly saving their worst performances for Alloa. Or perhaps people are regularly posting cliched pish. 
You mean like the cliche that opponents fans always claim their team played poorly?

I think you had had your day out before the game given your shite report on it. Suppose it was good for you to get some fresh air.
you haven’t answered the question though. Doubt you will. Maybe you can’t.
I will go with you can’t.
All these questions for the fucking village idiot. I don’t know where to start.

I’m so jealous of all the people that haven’t met you. I’m not as stupid as you look. Plus I don’t have the time or the crayons to explain about football to you.

59 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

I’m so jealous of all the people that haven’t met you. I’m not as stupid as you look. Plus I don’t have the time or the crayons to explain about football to you.

I would love you to explain football to me but I don’t think you are up to it. 

I would certainly not like you to waste your crayons on me. You will need them for school won’t you.

Have a good Christmas pal. I hope you get plenty of Play dough and some  Bob The Builder goodies.

Just watched the goals. The foul for the free-kick is probably bad luck. I don't think Jacobs had any idea the guy was there so caught him unintentionally. Martin has to save that surely. For the second he has to turn it wide at the very least. Not that it really mattered at that stage.

Archived