Pars vs Ayr: Andy Geggan Love-In

What?! That was one of the worst refereeing displays I have seen all season. 
Didn't see anything much in the Moore foul but will see again on highlights, but the Pars players pulling shirts, standing in front of the ball repeatedly at free kicks amongst all the usual cheating they get up to. And the ref dd absolutely squat.
I thought the ref got most of the decisions just about right today.

The pull back by bell could have been a red, as could the Moore lunge. Both players were booked which I think was maybe a little fortunate from our perspective.

Yes there was some petty nonsense around free kicks but it's not like anyone got away with it - he dealt with it eventually.

Ayr were poor today, and wouldn't have deserved the win had shankland taken his sitter. Mcdaid wasn't on the ball enough, and I understand McCall rolling the dice with mcguffie. I felt moff should've been kept on as it was his wee touches that built most attacks - and once again Moore offered nothing.

Dunfermline never really threatened though, so a point was fair imo.

One of the worst games I've been at in a long time.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see how both sets of fans see things. I thought that if anything Ayr pushed and pulled a lot and Shankland used his body and barged defenders all game. I agree about the free kick thing, Higgy was guilty of that.

To say Keana took a dive is a bit much. Keana was raging at Bells cynicism. I wouldn’t say that the ref cost either side really and the Bell one probably balances out with the Moffat pull back.

I was a little underwhelmed with Ayr and thought that apart from McDaid in the first half they looked worse than United or Ross County.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Interesting to see how both sets of fans see things. I thought that if anything Ayr pushed and pulled a lot and Shankland used his body and barged defenders all game. I agree about the free kick thing, Higgy was guilty of that.

To say Keana took a dive is a bit much. Keana was raging at Bells cynicism. I wouldn’t say that the ref cost either side really and the Bell one probably balances out with the Moffat pull back.

I was a little underwhelmed with Ayr and thought that apart from McDaid in the first half they looked worse than United or Ross County.

Who is Keana?

6 hours ago, Deontay WildPar said:

Based on nothing other than excess caffeine I predict Pars to give Ayr a spanking today. 

I feel you did give us a spanking today.  We were well off the pace and for the second week in a row we can count ourselves fortunate to get a point.

It's not difficult to see why the Pars are struggling though. Pretty toothless up front. If that 25 yard volley wasn't straight at Doohan it would have been some goal though

Too many of our players weren't at the races today, although in saying that I though Harvie was getting back to his best.

Not much to take from today other than it extends the unbeaten run.

It's hard to slate a guy who has been so prolific for us, but that was some miss at the end. 

Bunch of divers, essentially. Instances pointed out by others in this thread.

Dunfermline weren’t any worse in terms of “cheating” than any other team we’ve faced this season.

We were very poor but still had the best chance of the game so I’d say a draw is a fair result.

In terms of overall quality Dunfermline are still pretty poor and will have to make changes if they want to turn the season around.

48 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Rubbish game of football today. 

Thought dunfermline were a poor side but we never capitalised. Too much hoof the ball. We went to to 10 men by putting on Moore and Shankland could've stole us a point  

Overall a point was probably fair.

Did we got all three?

Standing on the ball for free kicks is as petty as stealing yards, every team will do it. As for Moore's "challenge" that looked like a straight red. I thought the referee was having a nightmare out there every time we went long Ayr players had 2 hands on our strikers however we did exactly the same and the ref didn't even blink. I assume Ayr had an off day today as I think both Dundee United and County look better teams, but good luck to Ayr keep pushing them!

Has Shankland ever scored at East End Park and it was peak Moffat to have his shot from 2 yards cleared off the line.

Nice gritty performance in the second half hopefully that will push us on to some good results and haul us up the table, nice gesture from the club by handing out some footballs to the kids in the crowd.

25 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Bunch of divers, essentially. Instances pointed out by others in this thread.

You said 'usual cheating'. Presumably this happened in other games we've played and on a regular basis?

19 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Did we got all three?

Standing on the ball for free kicks is as petty as stealing yards, every team will do it. As for Moore's "challenge" that looked like a straight red. I thought the referee was having a nightmare out there every time we went long Ayr players had 2 hands on our strikers however we did exactly the same and the ref didn't even blink. I assume Ayr had an off day today as I think both Dundee United and County look better teams, but good luck to Ayr keep pushing them!

Has Shankland ever scored at East End Park and it was peak Moffat to have his shot from 2 yards cleared off the line.

Nice gritty performance in the second half hopefully that will push us on to some good results and haul us up the table, nice gesture from the club by handing out some footballs to the kids in the crowd.

If you called that "nice 2nd half performance" then jesus christ 

Did we got all three?

I believe Shankland has scored at EEP against us when you had him on loan.

D.A.F.C. , sorry you were a bit underwhelmed and thought we were worse than County and Dundee U.  You were not remotely as underwhelmed as me. Possibly our worst performance since the 5-0 gubbing at Palmerston. That miss by Shankland at the end just about summed up our day. It would have given us a totally undeserved win. Didn't think either team deserved to win today. A classic crap 0-0.

Thought McCall's subs were somewhat dubious. Why take off McDaid who created most of the few problems we posed for the Dunfermline defence. Why take off Moffat who I would have on for 90 mins every game. He had an iffy game by his own standards but was still liable to create something. The only sub I agreed with was Geggan. I thought Sir Andrew had a pretty crap game. Would still start him every game though. Anybody can have an off day.

However, you clearly can't make comparisons between teams on the basis of one game. Otherwise you would have to say we are vastly superior to Dundee U on the basis of the 5-0 at Tannadice. We all know that the next time we meet them, we could quite easily lose.  

For what it's worth, I think County have the strongest squad and should win the league. There again, Dundee U might strengthen significantly in January now they've been taken over by the Yanks. So who knows.  We're going through a sticky spell just now,; far too many draws. But we are unbeaten in 8 games since losing in Dingwall in October. So as bad spells go it's not horrendous. The bubble hasn't burst; just a slow leak at the moment. Once we patch it up we'll be on our way again.

Ayr are a quality side and it’s no fluke or a bubble. Just saying that in games I’ve seen this season United and Ross County look to have more quality about them. Ayr have a great work ethic and organisation though. Remind me of Livingston, hope you can go onto finish above the big spending sides, especially with Moffat and Geggan.

On a side note, did anyone see Sammy with a subbuteo stand gift for Falkirk?

:lol:

6935EFF3-1503-4176-89A3-18F1712A4346.jpeg

Ayr are a quality side and it’s no fluke or a bubble. Just saying that in games I’ve seen this season United and Ross County look to have more quality about them. Ayr have a great work ethic and organisation though. Remind me of Livingston, hope you can go onto finish above the big spending sides, especially with Moffat and Geggan.
On a side note, did anyone see Sammy with a subbuteo stand gift for Falkirk?
:lol:

Probably can’t argue with this. However, I’ve seen DUFC twice this season and the aggregate is 7-0, just saying.

Shite game. Shite crowd (about 2500 announced as about 5000). The challenge from Moore was a shocker, red card all day long.. was genuinely such an easy decision for the red & I doubt he would have got much complaints. Ayr started better but seemed happy with a point in the second half.. we could still be playing now and we wouldn’t have scored. 3 games on the trot without a goal. 8/18 games we’ve failed to score. 6/9 home games we’ve failed to score. It’s unbelievable that he’s not been sacked yet.

Shite game. Shite crowd (about 2500 announced as about 5000). The challenge from Moore was a shocker, red card all day long.. was genuinely such an easy decision for the red & I doubt he would have got much complaints. Ayr started better but seemed happy with a point in the second half.. we could still be playing now and we wouldn’t have scored. 3 games on the trot without a goal. 8/18 games we’ve failed to score. 6/9 home games we’ve failed to score. It’s unbelievable that he’s not been sacked yet.

I did think the crowd looked a lot less than was announced, however, I’m not an EEP regular so difficult to judge.

Archived