Pars vs Ayr: Andy Geggan Love-In

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ayr lucky to come away with a point and Moore lucky to not have a three game ban. 

Surprised at Shankland, looked and played like he wanted to be anywhere else. Thought McCall got the subs wrong.

Tbf to Shankland whenever I’m in Fife I feel like I’d want to be anywhere else.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Ayr lucky to come away with a point and Moore lucky to not have a three game ban. 

Surprised at Shankland, looked and played like he wanted to be anywhere else. Thought McCall got the subs wrong. 

What did Moore do?

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Hardly lucky, it was a poor game with very few clear chances and the clearest of the lot by far fell to us, can’t fucking believe he missed it.

Agree about the subs, well the McDaid one anyway. A scrappy game like that is no place for McGuffie.

That was very disappointing, what a chance at the end as well. Thought taking Moff off was a bad substitution, we are always more dangerous with him on. Craig Moore really need to watch his challenges, lucky boy imo.

Pretty poor game overall. Far too much hoofball.

Also didn't think mcdaid deserved to be subbed off

Not shocked to see Para fans immediately blaming the ref either. Sounded a very touchy lot at the game as if the whole world was out to get them.
Not blaming the ref but he missed three potential red cards. One of which was Moffat pulled back for his chance.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:
Not shocked to see Para fans immediately blaming the ref either. Sounded a very touchy lot at the game as if the whole world was out to get them.

Not blaming the ref but he missed three potential red cards. One of which was Moffat pulled back for his chance.

I agree he was shite - completely lost the plot towards the end.

49 minutes ago, ecocme said:

What did Moore do?

Horrible challenge near the end, had a really heavy touch and made a big lunging tackle. No idea how it wasn't a red. 

By the letter of the law Bell could have had a red for a pull back not long before that as well. Genuinely before the Bell incident the ref was probably having one of the best games I'd seen from a ref this season. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Horrible challenge near the end, had a really heavy touch and made a big lunging tackle. No idea how it wasn't a red. 

By the letter of the law Bell could have had a red for a pull back not long before that as well. Genuinely before the Bell incident the ref was probably having one of the best games I'd seen from a ref this season. 

Thanks for the update. Will check it out on the highlights no doubt. 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What?! That was one of the worst refereeing displays I have seen all season. 

Didn't see anything much in the Moore foul but will see again on highlights, but the Pars players pulling shirts, standing in front of the ball repeatedly at free kicks amongst all the usual cheating they get up to. And the ref dd absolutely squat.

The Moore one looked like the ball got away from him and both players were stretching for it.

As for the Bell one, the Dunfermline player was already diving to deck before any contact. Think the afters was because Bell pointed out he was a cheating b*****d.

Feel that's a decent result for us. Kept Ayr quiet and had some good spells ourselves.

Ayr had the the best chance of the game but also could of had 2 sent off and I felt we had a great shout for a penalty first half on Devine.

That was very disappointing, what a chance at the end as well. Thought taking Moff off was a bad substitution, we are always more dangerous with him on. Craig Moore really need to watch his challenges, lucky boy imo.
Pretty poor game overall. Far too much hoofball.

Also didn't think mcdaid deserved to be subbed off

I was happy seeing mcdaid going off, he had faded out the game but looked a danger in the 1st half. It wasn't like you brought on more threatening players.

Moore is a disgrace, to not even reign himself in after breaking guys legs is shameful.

The other big moan I have which hopefully we can all agree on is the poor behaviour of McCall. He shockingly subbed geggan off when he was close to the bench denying both sets of fans and the man himself [emoji173]️ a proper love in.

30 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

What?! That was one of the worst refereeing displays I have seen all season. 

Didn't see anything much in the Moore foul but will see again on highlights, but the Pars players pulling shirts, standing in front of the ball repeatedly at free kicks amongst all the usual cheating they get up to. And the ref dd absolutely squat.

Please expand. 

Also we're definitely the only team who pull shirts and stand in front of the ball at free kicks.

Archived